Author Topic: Hillsborough disaster  (Read 64360 times)

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

Re: Hillsborough disaster
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:44 AM »
Well of course it's nonsense , it's not your version....that kind of proves my point
Nobody thinks that every copper in every force is perfect but it's almost suggested that it was all deliberate, now starts the hunt for scapegoats.
I'll say again, 27 years of not accepting the truth, then when the verdict gets changed, suddenly it's the right one.

It's not nonsense, it's what happened.

It's a bit like me saying the sky isn't blue, that's just what YOU think. Christ, people thought the world was flat for years.

I'd love you to go to Liverpool and express that opinion.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 09:31:05 AM »
Well of course it's nonsense , it's not your version....that kind of proves my point
Nobody thinks that every copper in every force is perfect but it's almost suggested that it was all deliberate, now starts the hunt for scapegoats.
I'll say again, 27 years of not accepting the truth, then when the verdict gets changed, suddenly it's the right one.

The cover up was deliberate.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 10:03:14 AM »
I was on the Kop at Sheffield for the Albion v Leicester semi and I was crushed and had to get of the terrace. I could not get back in and  saw very little of the 2nd half.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »
The truth (as always) is somewhere in between the Liverpool narrative and the "old establishment" narrative.

Football in those days was often 1 step away from disaster.

However the cover up was / is inexcusable and the role of West mids police in the reviews / enquiries must have some bums twitching at Steelhouse Lane.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »
There's a few people on here who would be well served to read this:

Five Hillsborough myths dispelled by inquests jury

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35473732
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 12:11:37 PM »
Enough said lad,well done .
I concur with your previous posts.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:11:15 PM by B_H_Baggie »

wbafc68

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »
I wonder whether some of the recommendations of the Taylor report that have been implemented may now be looked at differently as they were based on what has proven to be incorrect evidence. I.e. all seater  stadia, no alcoholic drinks inside the playing arena, no alcoholic drinks in executive boxes whilst the game is in play. I appreciate standing is something the families of the 96 are against but these findings, in my opinion, prove the problem was the condition and management of the standing areas that resulted in the tragedy NOT standing itself.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »
I wonder whether some of the recommendations of the Taylor report that have been implemented may now be looked at differently as they were based on what has proven to be incorrect evidence. I.e. all seater  stadia, no alcoholic drinks inside the playing arena, no alcoholic drinks in executive boxes whilst the game is in play. I appreciate standing is something the families of the 96 are against but these findings, in my opinion, prove the problem was the condition and management of the standing areas that resulted in the tragedy NOT standing itself.

Proven further by the terraces across Europe
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »

Excellent point.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »

An outstanding point.

Perhaps due to this it would be worth looking at this.

Basically the entire all-seater stadia law was based on lies and coverups
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2016, 05:10:13 PM »

Does anyone really think we will go back to standing, even safe standing?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2016, 05:20:02 PM »

if we had have had all seater this wouldnt have happened therefore standing was partly to blame
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:10:21 PM by B_H_Baggie »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2016, 07:17:04 PM »
Here here, fencing was a much bigger contribution to this disaster than standing. If there was no fencing, people would have been able to escape the crush by getting onto the pitch or moving to the sides of the stand which were nowhere near full.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »

It's a bit like me saying the sky isn't blue, that's just what YOU think. Christ, people thought the world was flat for years.

Why?
If I went to Liverpool the city would come together to beat me up, then blame me, the sun, the police etc etc
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2016, 07:38:39 PM »

Btw, the sky is not blue, it's transparent and made of various colourless gases
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2016, 10:36:54 PM »

Very true actually

The blue comes from the light spectrum that gets unfiltered by our atmosphere
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2016, 02:46:05 AM »
Let's hope the press don't smear Albion fans by quoting this thread...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2016, 08:36:56 AM »
Andy Burnham who was Question Time last night was right when he said that the establishment was a disgrace with the cover up concerning Hillsborough.  Not the only the top rank of SYP but WMP as well, The police federation, the Sun newspaper, the FA, Sheffield Council,Even The Tory government at the time, should hang their heads in shame, all of the above KNEW it was a cover up.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2016, 08:40:15 AM »
Andy Burnham who was Question Time last night was right when he said that the establishment was a disgrace with the cover up concerning Hillsborough.  Not the only the top rank of SYP but WMP as well, The police federation, the Sun newspaper, the FA, Sheffield Council,Even The Tory government at the time, should hang their heads in shame, all of the above KNEW it was a cover up.

thats terrible, corruption everywhere
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:39 AM »
Why?
If I went to Liverpool the city would come together to beat me up, then blame me, the sun, the police etc etc

Shameful.

No it isn't, it's blue. I wont let your facts get in the way of my opinion.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2016, 10:05:42 AM »
Can't believe some of the comments on here! Come on lads we're better than this.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »
Does anyone really think we will go back to standing, even safe standing?

No, it won't be allowed. It has been proven that it can be done safely, here and abroad, but it will never be passed because of Hillsborough, and the emotions connected to the issue.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
Shameful.

No it isn't, it's blue. I wont let your facts get in the way of my opinion.
Okay so we won't agree on this but surely you can agree that their was no intention to deliberately hurt at Hillsboro , whereas hysel was deliberate?

Sky is not blue, it's a fact

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:01 PM »
Again...why would it be a smear?
It's a forum , it's for opinions, the masses can't always agree.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »

Have you seen other fans forums, this is quite mild compared
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties