Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844298 times)

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2150 on: November 10, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »
Fantastic performance and result today. Finally went to four at the back and dropped Brunt.

Brunt was injured

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2151 on: November 10, 2018, 09:29:01 PM »
Got the tactics spot against the team I believe are the best in the league.We have got to move forward with the back four because Dawson and Hegazi are decent at this level can go into work Monday with my head held high now.

I thought Leeds were very ordinary and had nothing up front.

I would like kalvin Phillips though.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2152 on: November 10, 2018, 09:45:00 PM »
Thought we were superb today. Stripped it all back to basics, rolled our sleeves up and fought for the ball before trying any fancy stuff. It’s what we we all want to see. Credit to Big Dave for both getting them up for it and changing the system. Big Dave’s successful time at the Albion was built on players like Derek McInnes & co busting
a gut, doing the dirty work and letting the flair players like super Bob take the plaudits. Great to see that we have a ‘team’ again after the embarrassing performance’s of the last few weeks.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2153 on: November 10, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
set us up perfectly, much more solid at the back and more movement in midfield. well done Moore.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2154 on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
Thought we were superb today. Stripped it all back to basics, rolled our sleeves up and fought for the ball before trying any fancy stuff. It’s what we we all want to see. Credit to Big Dave for both getting them up for it and changing the system. Big Dave’s successful time at the Albion was built on players like Derek McInnes & co busting
a gut, doing the dirty work and letting the flair players like super Bob take the plaudits. Great to see that we have a ‘team’ again after the embarrassing performance’s of the last few weeks.
Good post, spot on
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2155 on: November 10, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »
I think you're wrong.  Even at half time we were waaaay better in previous games, anyone could see that.  If we'd have lost and played like that the entire game it would have still been good progress.

Sorry but regardless of performance if we’d have got beat this forum would have been going nuts.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2156 on: November 10, 2018, 11:38:02 PM »
It was the best performance of the season by a mile and I think some don't realise what a terrible position we were in the summer with DM and MJ doing everything.

Hopefully, with LD in place we can start a root and branch rebuild and have some good additions lined up for Jan, which has to include a box to box mf.

If we turn those wigan and Hull defeats into hard fought one nil wins with this much more solid defence we won't be far off the top 2.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2157 on: November 11, 2018, 01:42:35 AM »
Great performance and a tactical master stroke by big Dave, what do us humble fans know? Apologies to Darren and Hal from a humbled fan

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2158 on: November 11, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
Great performance and a tactical master stroke by big Dave, what do us humble fans know? Apologies to Darren and Hal from a humbled fan

Quite a lot seeing as some of us have been screaming out for that system for weeks on end.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2159 on: November 11, 2018, 06:43:32 AM »

Don't over do it.
He should have changed to this system weeks ago and we know it
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2160 on: November 11, 2018, 10:25:48 AM »
I criticise him when he gets it wrong, so only fair I praise him when he gets it right.

The system change suited us better, it allows our defenders to just defend and let the front line do the damage.

Thought Morrison was top notch in midfield today, brought a calm head on the ball and did a lot of the dirty work.

We allowed their cb’s to have the ball in areas it wasn’t going to hurt us, staying compact where it mattered.

Substitutions were well timed aswell and Gayle put the icing on the cake.

Phillips probably had his best game for us in a long while, looked real threatening coming through the middle.

Well done Big Dave, now lets go on a run and catch up some lost ground.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2161 on: November 11, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »
Well done Darren
The choices you made before the game & during worked, that can only be seen has a good sign in you getting up to speed with the new job. Keep it up.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2162 on: November 11, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »
We have scored nearly twice as many goals than tp's boro, if we can sort out the defence long term we should be there or  thereabouts come the end of the season.

My only fear is that during this 2 break he does not persist with this back 3 in training and instead tries to improve the back of yesterday.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2163 on: November 11, 2018, 12:02:03 PM »

Quite a lot seeing as some of us have been screaming out for that system for weeks on end.
granted folks have been screaming for a back four but it was the way he used a tight midfield 3 and a wide forward line which totally nullified Leeds attacking threat. Scratching my head to think of a better performance by an Albion team in years.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2164 on: November 11, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »
Don't over do it.
mate have to give the man credit for that performance last night by his side, haven't had a buzz like that for a long time.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2165 on: November 11, 2018, 12:28:03 PM »
mate have to give the man credit for that performance last night by his side, haven't had a buzz like that for a long time.

Read my earlier post (8.39pm) I had already praised him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2166 on: November 11, 2018, 01:52:03 PM »
All for giving him questions, but you would be naive to purely give credit and not raise questions as to why it has taken so long and only after such a groundswell of opinions from fans and pundits (Bomber especially) alike for him to make the obvious changes.

Said it before, we have the best or second best squad (second only potentially to Stoke) at this level so we should be far better than we have been this season. This will hopefully be the turning point.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2167 on: November 12, 2018, 08:03:31 AM »
Well done Darren.
Please remember that you are the Head Coach, and YOU decide what goes, and your staff, whilst having input, carry out your instructions.
The whole world can see that our present group of players do not fit Mr Jones blueprint.
On Saturday you finally made the defensive change that as supporters , we had been begging for. You persevered with three at the back for far too long.
You could clearly see that not only the supporters, but the players themselves were much happier with the setup.
Please rein in Mr Jones. He has much more experience as a coach than you do, BUT YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE.
Onward and upwards.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2168 on: November 12, 2018, 08:19:09 AM »
It was great to see a performance on saturday where the defence looked comfortable. Frustrating not to get a clean sheet but that came down to our current frailty at winning aerial balls in the box. Over all, our defence handled everything well while sitting deeper than usual.

You can't use counter attack for every game, but the energy levels shown on saturday could be the difference in the long run.

Moore got his tactics spot, finally moving away from a stubborn 3512, to something that looked more solid. Laughed when I left and saw we only had twenty something % possession. This was a textbook example of how to look in control of a game without having possession of the ball.

Really pleased.
Boing Boing

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2169 on: November 12, 2018, 08:41:37 AM »
Don't over do it.
Agreed, up to a point, but it is also possible he's been waiting for enough of the right players to be fit enough to fit them into an 11 man system?
It's not just about the back 3 or 4 it also needs the right round pegs in the right round holes in front of the back line to make the whole system work
It's also clear Johnson has changed (instructed to change?) his distribution away from always looking to play it out from the back to also being prepared to punt it long to both wings as well as down the middle
Just a thought that it's not a clear cut black and white situation and not an argument
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2170 on: November 12, 2018, 09:05:09 AM »
i don't believe we only had 28% of possession,  Leeds hardly touched the ball in the 1st fifteen minutes.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2171 on: November 12, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »
I didn't believe the possession stat either, but large parts of Leeds ball playing was along their back line and we allowed that to happen, we obviously pin pointed their centre backs as being weakest on the ball so allowed them to give it away.

I saw a stat yesterday that we have scored 28 goals in the second half of games this season. More than every team (apart from Leeds) have scored in the full 90.

That's incredible.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2172 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:35 AM »
Agreed, up to a point, but it is also possible he's been waiting for enough of the right players to be fit enough to fit them into an 11 man system?
It's not just about the back 3 or 4 it also needs the right round pegs in the right round holes in front of the back line to make the whole system work
It's also clear Johnson has changed (instructed to change?) his distribution away from always looking to play it out from the back to also being prepared to punt it long to both wings as well as down the middle
Just a thought that it's not a clear cut black and white situation and not an argument
COYB

Good points Frank, also tend to think that Neil Cutler going has had more of an influence than we think.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2173 on: November 12, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
It was great to see a performance on saturday where the defence looked comfortable. Frustrating not to get a clean sheet but that came down to our current frailty at winning aerial balls in the box. Over all, our defence handled everything well while sitting deeper than usual.

You can't use counter attack for every game, but the energy levels shown on saturday could be the difference in the long run.

Moore got his tactics spot, finally moving away from a stubborn 3512, to something that looked more solid. Laughed when I left and saw we only had twenty something % possession. This was a textbook example of how to look in control of a game without having possession of the ball.

Really pleased.

It was worse than I thought, we couldn't even win with 12 players! :D

You are absolutely right though about us controlling the game with minimal possession. Leeds huffed and puffed but never really threatened us, apart from maybe a chance before Roofe threw himself on the floor.

The goal we gave away was disappointing especially as you say we don't seem to win headers in our own box despite having 6'2" and 6'4" centre halfs in Dawson and Hegazi.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2174 on: November 12, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »
COYB

I think it was a combination of things, including player availability.

There is no doubt that Darren Moore really wanted 3 at the back to work, and it did for a big chunk of the season at home in particular, with Barnes constantly ripping the opposition a new one every time we beat a press = Loadsagoals!  However, our goal scoring was compensating for just how vulnerable we looked at the back and once Gayle got injured and the goals dried up he had to change.

Mozza has been bought back gradually , but although at times his display was understated on Saturday due to the more direct style of play, he made a massive difference to the balance of the team.   Quick to turn on the ball, able to close down past the front three and fully aware of the space around him he just made us tick and for once Livermore was able to play as part of a balanced midfield team.  This solidity also allowed Phillips to get forward more and he had one of those days when he just looks a beast.

Regarding Johnstone, yep this looked to me like a tactical switch and he had been told to get rid up to the front three quickly often via the head of Phillips and Tosin who actually lost out once to the pipsqueak marking him but then won everything else.   However, this more direct route would not have worked withouth HRK and JRod having stoermers and this is where I do have to take off my hat to Darren Moore in the persistence with both.  We all had unhappy thoughts when we saw HRK on the team sheet and I thought JRod was done......but Darren Moore kept the faith and obviously saw they still had performances in them.