Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369590 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9775 on: February 17, 2024, 09:08:05 AM »
Lai didn't have any gripes with it. Same as Patel buying off Lai. Everyone knew the score

Not sure Lai knew to be honest. He had in effect bought the same shares twice. It would be good to have some clarification on the Peace ‘loan’, as in is he still liable? If not then is the legal action with S4A still continuing?

I understand your position regarding Peace selling it to the highest bidder, and he did bring the club into the 21st century, but all the ‘life long Albion fan’ rubbish and this murky loan business left a very sour taste for me. Complete lack of integrity.

MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9776 on: February 17, 2024, 09:12:51 AM »
Not sure Lai knew to be honest. He had in effect bought the same shares twice. It would be good to have some clarification on the Peace ‘loan’, as in is he still liable? If not then is the legal action with S4A still continuing?

I understand your position regarding Peace selling it to the highest bidder, and he did bring the club into the 21st century, but all the ‘life long Albion fan’ rubbish and this murky loan business left a very sour taste for me. Complete lack of integrity.

If Lai didn't know and it's proved that got shafted on that loan then I would not be happy as that's crooked from Peace but surely Lai isn't that clueless? Same time it is Lai so maybe

I never believed the stuff Peace said about being a super wba fan etc. He always came across as purely a businessman to me

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9777 on: February 17, 2024, 09:17:35 AM »
If Lai didn't know and it's proved that got shafted on that loan then I would not be happy as that's crooked from Peace but surely Lai isn't that clueless? Same time it is Lai so maybe

I never believed the stuff Peace said about being a super wba fan etc. He always came across as purely a businessman to me

If I was Patel I would not be happy taking on other folks debts. I assume Lai’s borrowing has been offset in the price paid, but it would be nice to know about Peace’s liability
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9778 on: February 18, 2024, 10:34:54 AM »
Lepkowski posted an article. Not a lot I and others haven't said about Lai himself but Lai has managed to obtain some bonus payments if we get into PL now he's gone.  10m extra on top of the 60m for every season we are in the PL over a limited period of time (upto 5 years maximum)

EDIT - https://chrislepkowski.wixsite.com/the-far-post/post/i-m-not-going to-lai-i-m-relieved
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:28:18 AM by gazberg »

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9779 on: February 18, 2024, 10:52:59 AM »

If I was Patel I would not be happy taking on other folks debts. I assume Lai’s borrowing has been offset in the price paid, but it would be nice to know about Peace’s liability

Apparently the £60 million purchase price is £40 million to take the loans and £20 million to Lai.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9780 on: February 18, 2024, 10:55:25 AM »
Apparently the £60 million purchase price is £40 million to take the loans and £20 million to Lai.

Yes the club cost 20m or so. The rest includes the debts. Patel is fully aware

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9781 on: February 18, 2024, 11:11:17 AM »
If you expand that financial arguement a wealthy Prem league club could f rules allowed have bought us for less than Chelsea paid for Kepa !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9782 on: February 18, 2024, 11:23:29 AM »

I'm not sure that Peace has a liability any more. Lai would have agreed to take responsibilty for Peace's debt in exchange for a reduction in the price of the Holdings company which Lai purchased.

Patel has taken on the outstanding MSD loans, &, I believe, the outstanding wisdom smart & inherited Peace loans. The warmfront loan is an agreement between warmfront & Lai, & is not part of the purchase agreement.

Personally, I would expect the wisdom smart & Peace loans to be made good during this financial year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the MSD loans were continued to maturity to help with cash flow.
Especially, if the club is committed to £10million a year as a promotion bonus to Lai.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9783 on: February 20, 2024, 09:16:01 AM »
Lepkowski posted an article. Not a lot I and others haven't said about Lai himself but Lai has managed to obtain some bonus payments if we get into PL now he's gone.  10m extra on top of the 60m for every season we are in the PL over a limited period of time (upto 5 years maximum)

EDIT - https://chrislepkowski.wixsite.com/the-far-post/post/i-m-not-going to-lai-i-m-relieved

Cheeky little git's clearly not quite as stupid as his track record with us suggests. Unless we don't get promoted in the next five years of course........  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9784 on: February 20, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »
Cheeky little git's clearly not quite as stupid as his track record with us suggests. Unless we don't get promoted in the next five years of course........  :-X .

I don't see us spending more than 2 seasons there in honesty unless Patel is conjuring up some cash.