Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163201 times)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes Joins Albion on Loan
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2018, 01:56:32 PM »
Pleased with this signing, he seems like an exciting footballer which is what I like to see

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »
Nice and cheap just how Jenkins likes it. He will probably be on the bench most weeks.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »
Nice and cheap just how Jenkins likes it. He will probably be on the bench most weeks.

You seem pleased, 5 goals in 14 games last season in the Championship for a struggling Barnsley side. Not a bad option to have off the bench I don't think.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
You seem pleased, 5 goals in 14 games last season in the Championship for a struggling Barnsley side. Not a bad option to have off the bench I don't think.

I'm not pleased in the slightest, WBA same old doing things on the cheap. No ambition at all.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2018, 02:04:09 PM »
I'm not pleased in the slightest, WBA same old doing things on the cheap. No ambition at all.

Whilst Chadli is still with us, effectively taking a squad place and keeping £17m from the coffers what did you expect us to do?

Edwards, Burke, Phillips, Barnes, Leko - with one/two more additions that's an exciting group of young attacking players.

Interested to hear how you would go about it?

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »
Whilst Chadli is still with us, effectively taking a squad place and keeping £17m from the coffers what did you expect us to do?

Edwards, Burke, Phillips, Barnes, Leko - with one/two more additions that's an exciting group of young attacking players.

Interested to hear how you would go about it?

I just dont see the point in signing Barnes, we have enough youngsters at the club. Take a look at what Stoke are doing, building an experienced squad and not afraid to splash the cash regardless of who has been sold.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2018, 02:07:28 PM »
I just dont see the point in signing Barnes, we have enough youngsters at the club. Take a look at what Stoke are doing, building an experienced squad and not afraid to splash the cash regardless of who has been sold.

What if they're not that good? If Barnes is better it makes sense.

Stoke are bankrolled by the Coates family and are in no way comparable to ourselves.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »
Stoke have spent 15 million on Ince and McClean  who are both pooh . Id rather us than them.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2018, 02:10:14 PM »
What if they're not that good? If Barnes is better it makes sense.

Stoke are bankrolled by the Coates family and are in no way comparable to ourselves.

Big Dave did an interview a while back saying we have plenty of youngsters capable of playing first team football.
Yes we are stuck with a chinese Jeremy Peace who shows very little ambition or interest.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2018, 02:10:40 PM »
Stoke have spent 15 million on Ince and McClean  who are both rubbish . Id rather us than them.

Actually i think Ince will be decent in the championship.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »

McClean, Ince and possibly Chester? Would you be happy with that because I know I wouldn't be......we invested in young talent last year in Burke, and many of the members on here have said what a waste of money he was [I didn't - I think he will be really good this year].

Here is a really promising talent who has done very well so far and wants to play for us, he will either leave us with great memories ala Lukaku, or be on the next bus back to Leicester. Either way, we are not having our pants pulled down and any money we do have can go towards future transfers for our anticipated return to the Premier.

Personally I am really looking forward to seeing him play............
MAGA!

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2018, 02:15:35 PM »
Stoke have spent 15 million on Ince and McClean  who are both rubbish . Id rather us than them.

I too, would rather be us than them, glad we’re not funded by online betting parasites.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
McClean, Ince and possibly Chester? Would you be happy with that because I know I wouldn't be......we invested in young talent last year in Burke, and many of the members on here have said what a waste of money he was [I didn't - I think he will be really good this year].

Here is a really promising talent who has done very well so far and wants to play for us, he will either leave us with great memories ala Lukaku, or be on the next bus back to Leicester. Either way, we are not having our pants pulled down and any money we do have can go towards future transfers for our anticipated return to the Premier.

Personally I am really looking forward to seeing him play............

I'm just saying i'm not excited by signing a young player on loan when we have plenty of options in our own academy.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
We will all get behind him when he puts on the blue and white stripes but I can't help but feel disappointed and thoroughly underwhelmed with our lack of ambition or plan as a football club at the moment.

We're selling first team players and replacing them with loanees from mid table Premier League clubs who half the fan base do not know and have hardly played a game.

He's just signed a new contract so if he does well, he won't be coming back.

We're simply just a feeder club for teams like Leicester and that's hard to take.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 02:19:52 PM »
We will all get behind him when he puts on the blue and white stripes but I can't help but feel disappointed and thoroughly underwhelmed with our lack of ambition or plan as a football club at the moment.

We're selling first team players and replacing them with loanees from mid table Premier League clubs who half the fan base do not know and have hardly played a game.

He's just signed a new contract so if he does well, he won't be coming back.

We're simply just a feeder club for teams like Leicester and that's hard to take.

100% agree!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
I'm just saying i'm not excited by signing a young player on loan when we have plenty of options in our own academy.
He's better than the likes of Leko and Edwards.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2018, 02:22:10 PM »
His interview is telling. Says Albion want to play his style of play.

Moore wanting to play pulis ball...Another myth put to bed

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2018, 02:22:33 PM »
This is an awesome signing. He scores goals and he assists. He is quick, 2 footed and takes players ion and  shoots on sight. He is 10 times the player Maclean is, we’ve played a blinder here. He’s only on loan because he’ll be an England regular in years to come, Leicester know his potential. He scored 5 and assisted 7 in 16 starts on loan till January at Barnsley last year. He’s good for 8-10
goals from midfield plus assists galore. Well done the club, a master stroke by them.
On top of that there’ll be 4 more by the 9th august, and they’ll be quality too.
Stoke may have signed more at present but Maclean is one of them so that’s not going to improve them. Another is Ince for a whopping £12m and he only does it when he feels like it. It may seem like we’re dragging our heels but I’d rather we took our time and keep adding quality not just quantity.
Welcome Harvey...it’s going to great to be entertained at last and show real intent to win games.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »
you originally complained about the club doing it on the cheap nothing about us having youngsters here already, would you prefer us to be like the villa and over spend and be in the situation they are, their investment now means nothing as they are still bound by FFP.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2018, 02:32:07 PM »
If they get their hands on Chester too then they'll have blown a lot of cash on players that are at the top end of the championship, but can't do it in the PL.  I'm pleased we are not really investing in many of these inbetween players.  I'd rather we signed potential and tried to turn them into PL players.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2018, 02:35:26 PM »
you originally complained about the club doing it on the cheap nothing about us having youngsters here already, would you prefer us to be like the villa and over spend and be in the situation they are, their investment now means nothing as they are still bound by FFP.

So you can't be ambitious because you may end up like Villa?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Welcome Harvey.
 I hope the loan works out for us and him.
Have to say I know nothing about him. Reports from last season are good though. I'll look forward to hopefully seeing him play tonight.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
So you can't be ambitious because you may end up like Villa?

Bloody hell Aidan bet your fun at parties. If a potential youngster is available and he is better than our youngsters then I have no problem with getting them in.

I bet you weren’t moaning when we took a young striker from Chelsea a few seasons ago?

Stoke have only spent the money the received from Shaqiri. We’re doing exactly the same, replacing the player once he’s gone.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 03:17:17 PM »
Bloody hell Aidan bet your fun at parties. If a potential youngster is available and he is better than our youngsters then I have no problem with getting them in.

I bet you weren’t moaning when we took a young striker from Chelsea a few seasons ago?

Stoke have only spent the money the received from Shaqiri. We’re doing exactly the same, replacing the player once he’s gone.

Are you actually comparing signing Harvey Barnes to that of Romelu Lukaku on loan, when we were all staggered at him agreeing to come to us and who already had a big reputation within European football!?

Stoke are showing they mean business and are backing their manager. What are we doing exactly other than scrapping around for loans from average Premier League teams' youth squads and cast offs from other Championship teams (Bond, Simon Moore)?

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 03:23:22 PM »
Are you actually comparing signing Harvey Barnes to that of Romelu Lukaku on loan, when we were all staggered at him agreeing to come to us and who already had a big reputation within European football!?

Stoke are showing they mean business and are backing their manager. What are we doing exactly other than scrapping around for loans from average Premier League teams' youth squads and cast offs from other Championship teams (Bond, Simon Moore)?

Well said.