Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5165168 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #16125 on: September 30, 2017, 08:17:29 PM »
3 poor substitutions but players to blame. Should have seen out that game.

Thought Rondon was spent. Happy with Ronson-Kanu sub.
Phillips & Brunt gone meant set piece deliveries were poor,
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16126 on: September 30, 2017, 08:18:44 PM »
I still think we are a work in progress. Some of our players have to gel into the team. We have done very well to accumulate the points we have now. Pulis has earned my trust from the previous seasons and I think we'll be comfortably top 10 at the end of the season with a good FA Cup run.

Complete opposite from my perspective, we are going backwards.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16127 on: September 30, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »
Complete opposite from my perspective, we are going backwards.

Fair play to Pulis he's still got about 20 % of support . Totally agree better footballers and it's worse football than last season and we ain't played anyone decent/ top side at home yet
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16128 on: September 30, 2017, 08:23:09 PM »
I think tony staying here has more to say about Mr Lai ambitions than any signing we make.
He doesn't have the backing to push us into the top 6.
Any other club could find themselves at the bottom of the table at any time.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #16129 on: September 30, 2017, 08:23:21 PM »
I like to judge a manager not just by results alone but how he improves a player because its vital that they keep improving otherwise players need replacing too often. who has improved as a player under Mr Pulis ?.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16130 on: September 30, 2017, 08:31:17 PM »
I like to judge a manager not just by results alone but how he improves a player because its vital that they keep improving otherwise players need replacing too often. who has improved as a player under Mr Pulis ?.
No one! But a hell of a lot have got worse!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #16131 on: September 30, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
I would go as far as saying I would rather have Irvine back
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16132 on: September 30, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
The usual suspects are out tonight... Irvine?  I despair. You're on the wind up as per... almost as if you think what's the most inflammatory thing I can say...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16133 on: September 30, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »

Wouldn't go that far mate but at lot of Albion fans would use that as an example to feed their pro Pulis beliefs.

One question I asked today, nobody has yet answered differently other than "no".
"Had that been the other way round, and Watford were leading 2-0. Do you think we'd have got back in the game?".

Feel free to expand on "no" but god luck with that

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #16134 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:47 PM »
I felt and said at the time when we lost 1 nil at home to Liverpool last season his time was up .

The club has given him license to sign a better calibre of player but he's got to trust them more . To my mind there is too much shouting and balling from the side treating them like children. Megson seems more involved than you would normally see an assistant surely it is the Head Coaches responsibility to get the points across .

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16135 on: September 30, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »
I still think we are a work in progress. Some of our players have to gel into the team. We have done very well to accumulate the points we have now. Pulis has earned my trust from the previous seasons and I think we'll be comfortably top 10 at the end of the season with a good FA Cup run.

Do you follow the same west Bromwich Albion that the rest of us do or are you just out to wind people up?

when we are lucky enough to draw lower league clubs in the cups we still get our arses handed to us thanks to Mr. Negative setting us up not to concede..... whilst failing at it miserably I may add.

love to get myself a pair of those pulis tinted glasses you wear.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16136 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »
No one! But a hell of a lot have got worse!!

Fake news

Dawson, Evans, McClean, Phillips all improved under TP for example

Evans signed for £8mil two years later being wanted by City and Arsenal for £30million

Dawson has established himself as a PL player

McClean and Phillips signed from the Championship and done well at this level

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:08:28 PM by Legend »
the regime don't like it man

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16137 on: September 30, 2017, 10:05:06 PM »
Do you follow the same west Bromwich Albion that the rest of us do or are you just out to wind people up?

when we are lucky enough to draw lower league clubs in the cups we still get our arses handed to us thanks to Mr. Negative setting us up not to concede..... whilst failing at it miserably I may add.

love to get myself a pair of those pulis tinted glasses you wear.

You wouldn't have been on here if we had held on and went up to 6th. The Pulis haters are predictable.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16138 on: September 30, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
One thing I will criticise TP on is playing Dawson right back. He was fine as center half in the first few games and he looks better in his natural position.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16139 on: September 30, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
I count Albion having 7 games until the end of November. I expect at least 5 defeats going by how we are playing right now. Just my opinion but I see TP gone by end of November

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16140 on: September 30, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »
You wouldn't have been on here if we had held on and went up to 6th. The Pulis haters are predictable.

If you care to look back at my posts you will see I praise pulis when he does right for the team and criticise him when he does wrong.

People like you on the other hand have digs at others when pulis gets it right on the odd occasion and make excuses for him week in week out when he gets it wrong.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16141 on: September 30, 2017, 10:40:30 PM »
I count Albion having 7 games until the end of November. I expect at least 5 defeats going by how we are playing right now. Just my opinion but I see TP gone by end of November

The next 7 are a damn sight tougher than the opening 7 were that is for sure but by the end of it we will have had a reasonable cross section of fixtures. We will have played 4 of the top 6 clubs (which is about right across 14 games) and an even number of home and away matches.

I absolutely don't see Pulis being gone at the end of it unless it is something calamitous like seven straight defeats. As bad as we are playing now we will scrape a couple of wins from somewhere which will keep us at the point a game mark which will be enough to keep us out of the relegation zone and Pulis in a job.

Any talk of progress or top half finishes at the moment is entirely fanciful.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16142 on: September 30, 2017, 11:26:57 PM »
Its unbelievable just how awful we have become under Pulis. Somehow we get results probably through hard work and what have you but the quality is dreadful. I went to my first game in a while today and when you've been away from us for any length of period of time, its plain as the nose on your face just how much the actual football has deteriorated. We cant pass, theres no movement, especially going forward. We only attack via long hoof balls, the midfield is only there to defend, now wonder Rondon cant score. Every ball AT him today was eithe over the top or at his head.

Its awful guys, really really bad
He's a lad from the Wrenna

crocodile007

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16143 on: September 30, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
I don't post often but read the site almost daily. In my mind he has to go. I've given him a pass at times due to poor squad etc but for me he has no excuses anymore. This negative anti football dross he serves up is an embarrassment and an insult to not only the fans but the players also. I'm sick of hearing him praise the opposition how about having some confidence in your own players? I mean honestly how many of Watford team would you take in place of someone in ours? 1 maybe 2? I'm not being funny but Watford pinged the ball around today and if your telling me that Gareth Barry and Gregorz Krychowiak can't do what Dacore and Etienne Capoue did then I don't know what to say. If all the pro pulis fans honestly believe that this squad of players isn't capable of better then I'm not sure what world you live in. I mean time wasting at 60 mins at home to Watford. We have the best squad I have ever seen at the albion and this tosser is going to waste it. Outside of the top 6/7 who has a stronger squad? However clearly premier league players including the record appearance maker in the premier league and a £30m polish international clearly need constant instructions barking at them like Sunday morning pub players so what do I know.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:41:15 AM by kris_boing »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16144 on: October 01, 2017, 12:19:27 AM »
His record in 17 is awful and any other coach would have got the bullet.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16145 on: October 01, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »

Don't be ridiculous. I'm not a fan of Pulis but come on. Irvine would have us relegated by April.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #16146 on: October 01, 2017, 12:42:55 AM »
He simply has to go H as the best squad we've had in the premier league era and has little idea of how to go about winning games with them !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16147 on: October 01, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »
I do not know how Trading Standards, do not make us take the Football out our name.

Its a clear breach of service, and descriptive fraud

Arthur Pewty

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16148 on: October 01, 2017, 08:04:42 AM »
There seem to be a number of comparisons with his tenure at Stoke. Following promotion they finished between 11th and 13th, however after a period of Premier League stability, funds were made available to enhance the squad with quality signings.
The result, no improvement, muddled tactics and growing fan frustration and unrest. I think he is foolish if he doesn't realise this and therefore identifies the need to best utilise the playing resources at his disposal. Is it not a coincidence that of late he is beginning to put a greater emphasis on the referees performance rather than that of his team ??? 

jharman292

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #16149 on: October 01, 2017, 08:28:40 AM »
Lets face it, picture is much bigger than yesterday. Yes we were outplayed by Watford but can anyone remember the last time we treated a team like that? For 90 minutes?

Its not about players, its not about system and tactics, it all boils down to mentalilty. Those players are sent out every game believing thier most important job is to stop the opposition. To not step out of position. To not allow too much space behind them. To try and slow down the tempo of the game. This mentality must be incredibly frustrating for a player and ultimately leads to a poor football match with zero creativity or imagination.

I sit in BRE and on 25 minutes watched Foster give ball boy a rollocking for being too quick, urging him to slow it down. This went on all game and then Pulis has the cheek to complain about too much stoppage time. It really is embarrassing.

I will be there every game but i long for the days when he is no longer in the dugout. I hate everything we have become and get zero enjoyment out of watching us play the game. He still has support, no question about that but it will be interesting how long that lasts because we have tougher fixtures coming up and there is nothing at all to suggest things are on the up. Call me negative, i dont really care but i have a feeling things are going to look at lot worse by the end of October.