Author Topic: Would we beat the Dingles?  (Read 32913 times)

kev

• Junior Baggie

Re: Would we beat the Dingles?
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »
WBA would shred Wolves

I actually believe that you think west brom would shred Wolves ...On what evidence are you  basing  this on ? There is not one team in the premiership that Albion would shred !!! so what makes believe that Albion would shred a team that is top of the  championship and nearly beat the same  team we lost to at home .?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2017, 07:20:32 AM »
WBA would shred Wolves

a very blinkered outlook.
Face facts, they'd make us look stupid on current form
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »
their second team of last night would turn us over at the minute
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »
I actually believe that you think west brom would shred Wolves ...On what evidence are you  basing  this on ? There is not one team in the premiership that Albion would shred !!! so what makes believe that Albion would shred a team that is top of the  championship and nearly beat the same  team we lost to at home .?
I wouldn't fancy us to beat Blues at the minute, never mind Wolves.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:10 AM »

I think given a tweak of tactics we have the potential to shred a few teams in the league as we did last year.

Also even in this state i think we could give palace a drubbing, they really are terrible.....poor uncle Roy  :(

We are moaning (and i see why) but at least we aint a eagles fan..... spent a lot more than us last few years, have better players.....and been absolutely dreadful.

Imagine the state of meltdown this board would be in if we were in there position

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
I think given a tweak of tactics we have the potential to shred a few teams in the league as we did last year.

Also even in this state i think we could give palace a drubbing, they really are terrible.....poor uncle Roy  :(

We are moaning (and i see why) but at least we aint a eagles fan..... spent a lot more than us last few years, have better players.....and been absolutely dreadful.

Imagine the state of meltdown this board would be in if we were in there position

Bloody hell. What a state of affairs that the best we can muster is "at least we're better than the worst team in the league".

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2017, 10:22:14 AM »

or...imagine if we were Watford fans, imagine the joy on this board if we were in their position.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »
Bloody hell. What a state of affairs that the best we can muster is "at least we're better than the worst team in the league".

I always try to find the positive

least we aint the poor villa either  ??? ??? ???

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2017, 03:00:52 PM »
we'd struggle against walsall because they have some good players and even if we worked very hard it would be difficult.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »
Have heard some rubbish on here but this thread kicks it. We would beat the Dingles 9 times out of 10. We're better in every position.

Form is temporary.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »
Have heard some rubbish on here but this thread kicks it. We would beat the Dingles 9 times out of 10. We're better in every position.

Form is temporary.

Blues 1-2 Albion
Albion 2-2 Bristol City
Bristol City 0-2 Albion
Albion 0-0 Port Vale
Albion 2-2 Peterborough
Peterborough 1-1 Albion
Northampton 2-2 Albion
Albion 1-2 Derby
Accrington 1-3 Albion

We've played 9 games against football league sides since Pulis took over and have won 3 of them so I'm no sure how that means we would beat a team comfortably better than any of those sides 9 times out of 10.

Saying that, we have better players and a better squad than them I personally don't think there should be any debate around that. Over the course of a season or if we played them 20 times I'd expect us to beat them in both scenario's unless we hugely under performed.

As things stand right this minute if we played them in a 1 off cup tie I can't honestly say we would win as it's very rare for us to actually attempt to win a game. They would have nothing to lose and can play with freedom. On top of that they are currently full of confidence and ours is shot.

Possibly they could beat us in a 1 off off game but no argument we have far better players overall.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »

Form is temporary.

We're better in every position than Huddersfield, Brighton, Burnley, even Watford. Doesnt mean w'ere better or above them does it. If only Football was as simple.

Leicester were weaker than alot of teams in 2016, we know how that ended.

California Dreaming

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2017, 08:56:22 AM »
I reckon we would just about scrape a 0 0 draw. 9 men behind the ball working aaard - because after all they've got some quality players, just look at their bench
We could probably beat them but with Pulis in charge, we wouldn't try.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2017, 10:15:55 AM »
Wolves are currently better than the sum of their parts.

Under Pulis we are worse than the sum of our parts.

Would be close I think. Probably a draw.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »
I can see this is all a bit too much for some to take on here.  Firstly, we've spent the best part of the last two decades laughing at them, let them have a bit of fun and take it on the chin. If you can't cope with this then football probably isn't for you.

Secondly, with FOSUN and Mendes they've essentially won the lottery - pot luck, a combination of hitting rock bottom with the double relegation and having an owner willing to sell to anyone for peanuts. They've got billions in the bank and a huge pool of (very talented) players they can cherry pick as and when they want them. There's plenty been written about the way Mendes moves his "assets" around the top European leagues, Google it. If they're promoted Mendes will ship some bigger names in bankrolled by FOSUN to get round the FFP rules. Decent work if you can get it.

We should be used to this type of nonsense anyway, we've had to spend the last 35 years listening to stories of how our biggest rivals won the European Cup... bastards.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
All that partying from the League Title win last weekend and winning the 'took Man City reserves to pens and lost' Cup double in the week must have taken it's toll today huh?

Would we beat them? Yes all day long.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2017, 07:57:01 PM »
the dingles got a draw against who we rolled over for today
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
On current form we would not win.

We might draw.

Soak it up, take on the chin, accept the reality check. They are playing football and we are not.

Our squad - with the right coach - could tear them a new one,but for some reason we are content to have our heads in the sand thinking we are still cock of the Midlands.

Time overdue for the head to roll.

Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »

Yet we managed to put two goals past them, despite setting up not to lose, like we always do...?
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »
Yet we managed to put two goals past them, despite setting up not to lose, like we always do...?

To answer the original question...YES, we would...!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »

They lost to QPR

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2017, 10:21:13 AM »
I watched their game last night, couldn't believe i was watching  the Wolves. After 130 years they have finally learned how to string some passes together.
They reminded me of us under Mowbray, too good for the Championship, but in the Premiership? Well that howler by the keeper would have been punished, then it would have been a different ball game.
If they  played us today we would beat them.
They would still be knackered from last night.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
On current form we would not win.

We might draw.

Soak it up, take on the chin, accept the reality check. They are playing football and we are not.

Our squad - with the right coach - could tear them a new one,but for some reason we are content to have our heads in the sand thinking we are still cock of the Midlands.

Time overdue for the head to roll.

That's about spot on.

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »
We wouldnt beat the Dingles family from Emmerdale at the moment .

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »
We wouldnt beat the Dingles family from Emmerdale at the moment .

;D

Yep.

I was going to say we couldn't bust out way out of a crisp packet right now.

Regardless of division, the very worst the Albion have ever looked.

I hope you are proud of yourself baseball cap for brains.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music