Poll

Are we going down?

Yes
201 (82%)
No
44 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Author Topic: Are we going down?  (Read 45404 times)

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

Re: Are we going down?
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2018, 10:52:05 AM »
I still think there are things to be positive about.
• We managed to keep Evans. His absence in the last two games has been obvious and we need our captain back
• Greg has started to look like the player we were expecting. Yesterday our midfield looked lethargic and was missing his energy.
• We have a class striker in Sturidge. He showed glimpses of his qualities yesterday and linked up well at times and showed good movement, he's going to need a couple of games to get his confidence and sharpness back but he's clearly a talented player and a huge improvement on Kanu. Although Phillips I thought had a poor game yesterday he and Sturridge look like they could have a good understanding.
• Players to come back. Gibbs, again was missed yesterday and is much better than Nyom. Chadli when he's back might just be the player to spot those Sturidge's runs and chip in with some goals.
• Rodriguez looks twice the player he was at the start of the season.
• Rondon got a much needed goal yesterday and has been looking better under Pardew as Pulis ruined him in my opinion.
• Still 12 games left

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2018, 10:56:00 AM »
Good post Yardley, my issue is the number of games we have left and the games against the big sides where we'll need to pick up the odd shock result.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2018, 11:57:01 AM »
I still think there are things to be positive about.
• We managed to keep Evans. His absence in the last two games has been obvious and we need our captain back
• Greg has started to look like the player we were expecting. Yesterday our midfield looked lethargic and was missing his energy.
• We have a class striker in Sturidge. He showed glimpses of his qualities yesterday and linked up well at times and showed good movement, he's going to need a couple of games to get his confidence and sharpness back but he's clearly a talented player and a huge improvement on Kanu. Although Phillips I thought had a poor game yesterday he and Sturridge look like they could have a good understanding.

• Players to come back. Gibbs, again was missed yesterday and is much better than Nyom. Chadli when he's back might just be the player to spot those Sturidge's runs and chip in with some goals.
• Rodriguez looks twice the player he was at the start of the season.
• Rondon got a much needed goal yesterday and has been looking better under Pardew as Pulis ruined him in my opinion.
• Still 12 games left

Those 3 won't be relevant next season in the Championship unfortunately.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:11 AM »
love the positive veiws on here but Alan has had 12 games in charge and won one game and drew four, seven points out of a possible thirty six. Yesterday was the last straw for me, blokes team selection was to say the least baffelling and dont start about substitutions. had a great start and went one nil up but after that you could see we had problems in midfield but he didnt do anything about it.for me if he stays were gone.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »
Its a yes from me. Several windows of failing to address the need for positive attack-minded midfielders are now reaping their rewards. If we cant supply the likes of Rondon/Sturridge the ammo there's not a fat lot they can do about it.
Really?
Do these windows include when we signed Jonny Evans , many on here think he is the best player we have at the club
Do they include Greg, possibly the best midfielder we have ever signed, Sturridge an England international who we are lucky to have?
Rodriguez who apparently was rubbish, scored a couple and now no one can understand him being on the bench

I do wonder wether some of our fans actually think the club deliberately try to break things , it's only a multi million pound investment after all.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 12:37:37 PM »
Yes the tables do not lie . We are at the bottom for a reason .sure it was on wn last night we have lost 19 points from winning postions .

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
Yes the tables do not lie . We are at the bottom for a reason .sure it was on wn last night we have lost 19 points from winning postions .
Stoke,Swansea,Southampton have all managed to beat us, but are within distance , this team is better than current position states, we have had a very hard season but some players will now be coming back
I think four from the next six points is doable, realistically 3 is not the end of the world..

Still doable
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 12:43:22 PM »
That's been the case for weeks.
It's not happening, and the games are getting less.
This time next week we could be 7 points adrift and ready to face Chelsea, perhaps a few more fans will be ready to accept the inevitable then

7 points adrift after the Huddersfield game and I will agree we are doomed.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »
Yeah we are done now, Yesterday proved the squad just isn't capable. 2017 we were the worst team and it's inevitable we will go down, Just gutted the dingles and vile will be passing us.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »
Can't see us getting more than 34 points now so yes we are down.
Not too bothered though, once the dust settled, we can at least look forward to next season and playing for something again.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2018, 01:30:17 PM »
Think we are down. With the squad we have I don't really understand it though I think injuries are really killing us at the moment. I guess if we beat Chelsea away then my thoughts would change, but we need a pile of wins to stay up and considering our record in 2017, and so far in 2018, has brought so few wins, I really can't see things changing.

As a long distance fan relegation means that I wont be able to watch every match on a stream which is a disappointment though I guess will be welcomed by my family.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
Really?
Do these windows include when we signed Jonny Evans , many on here think he is the best player we have at the club
Do they include Greg, possibly the best midfielder we have ever signed, Sturridge an England international who we are lucky to have?
Rodriguez who apparently was rubbish, scored a couple and now no one can understand him being on the bench

I do wonder wether some of our fans actually think the club deliberately try to break things , it's only a multi million pound investment after all.

Please read what I said. Other than Greg, the players you name aren't attack-minded midfielders, and Greg & Sturridge are only on loan anyway. I stand by my opinion that we've been crying out for creative attack-minded midfielders for the last 3-4 seasons! I  know we have Chadli, and its a shame he's been injured.....but not enough was done IMO.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
I wont accept we are going down until it is mathematical impossible to reach safety. Just a couple of results for us and it can all change. KTF.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 04:26:27 PM »
Not down yet. Way to many games left we can get something from.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
Not down yet. Way to many games left we can get something from.

I bet you believe in unicorns as well?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2018, 05:20:48 PM »
Swansea have Bony and Fer out for the season

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »
We are down. This optimism of not being down seems based on the fact we will win but no-one else will. The biggest problem is all the teams around us our winning games and we aren’t. Stoke, Swansea, Southampton couldn’t buy a win (and were on terrible runs) until “good old Albion” showed up.
Which games can we win? Maybe Huddersfield at home? Even Newcastle away seems tough to me.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2018, 06:38:05 PM »
Yes, we are dead and buried........the games between now and the end of the season will only prolong the agony for us fans as clearly the players dont really give a s**t !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »
Yes, we are dead and buried........the games between now and the end of the season will only prolong the agony for us fans as clearly the players dont really give a s**t !!!

THAT.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »
Yes. Unless we miraculously get the four/five key players who missed yesterday fit and play them every single game between now and the end of the season.

Our squad is awful

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 01:25:07 PM »
Yes, we are. We need at least 16 points from the last 12 games, having only taken 20 from the last 26. And when you consider the games we have to play, it's more like 16 from 8. It's just not going to happen.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 01:43:46 PM »
I've still gone no. I think if we can get a fully fit first choice starting 11 back by 24th February then we will just about make it. I think Saturday has highlighted that McAuley and Yacob are either no longer good enough and/or too slow for this level now, especially considering the lack of pace alongside them in their respective positions. Gibbs is also a huge loss and Krychowiak in the three consecutive games, Brighton, Everton and Liverpool was outstanding. For me, if we can get Evans, Krychowiak and Gibbs back fit for Huddersfield at home and sort out the preferred forward partnership by then, we will survive.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 01:48:17 PM »
Major doubts but Albion always do it the hard way , always !
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »
How many points does everyone think it will take to survive this season?
36/37 is surely a minimum?
Im not sure we can get there! But forever hopeful that we do!
Atmosphere has to be key at home, but cant ignore Chelsea first.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
How many points does everyone think it will take to survive this season?
36/37 is surely a minimum?
Im not sure we can get there! But forever hopeful that we do!
Atmosphere has to be key at home, but cant ignore Chelsea first.
I think 35 will be in with a shout, so 5 wins, meaning we would probably need to beat:

Huddersfield (H)
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Burnley (H)
Swansea (H)

Doesn't look too unrealistic on paper. Shame we keep having to play on grass.
Personally, I don't think we'll get 30 points, after Saturday, we just don't look up for it at all.