Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327323 times)

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #3225 on: May 25, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/24/exclusive-middlesbrough-sue-derby-alleged-breaches-offinancial/

"Middlesbrough to sue play-off finalists Derby County over alleged breaches of financial rules"

Steve Gibson is certainly upping the ante on this one, clearly feels there's a case to answer!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3226 on: May 25, 2019, 09:49:39 AM »
I would not expect the dispute between Derby 'Boro and the EFL to be settled quickly. Derby's move is questionable on any number of levels and unfortunately a dispute that hinges on accounting technicalities has potential to get bogged down in legal arguments for months if not years. However as ever the Football authorities will be desperate to keep the matter out of court, because their rules seldom stand up to close legal scrutiny and once an unfavourable ruling has been passed it may have many often unintended consequences. 

This is potentially very significant watch this space.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:55:36 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3227 on: May 25, 2019, 12:28:07 PM »
I've read about this previously, but don't understand why other clubs in the EFL didn't "support" Gibsons position at a recent EFL meeting when this was raised.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3228 on: May 25, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
I've read about this previously, but don't understand why other clubs in the EFL didn't "support" Gibsons position at a recent EFL meeting when this was raised.

I doubt they want extra scrutiny into their own clubs dealings any more than Derby do. Us included.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3229 on: May 25, 2019, 02:26:24 PM »
I would be very surprised if this ever went to court as I think that the efl rules will state how disputes are resolved and they are responsible for enforcing their own FFP rules.

In the past the rules of football creditors get paid first even at the expense of hmrc have prevailed at court. It will be in their rules and imo the court case will be deemed ultra vires.

The Leeds owner was on about this earlier this week too so I think it is sabre rattling to get the efl to look into this.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3230 on: May 27, 2019, 06:57:30 AM »
I am hoping today is going to be a good day for 'Frank Lampards Derby'...…

If not then I will console myself to enjoying the weekly maulings the vile will endure next season
MAGA!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3231 on: May 27, 2019, 07:46:58 AM »
Anyone heard Smith’s interview  ??? ???

He talk about momentum and they are confident after dominating both PO games  :-X

He’s proper Villa ain’t he
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3232 on: May 27, 2019, 07:49:13 AM »

If not then I will console myself to enjoying the weekly maulings the vile will endure next season
I'll be getting my prayer mat out for Frank and co.
Started to dislike Dean Smith more than Villa the club.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3233 on: May 27, 2019, 07:50:21 AM »

If Villa go up I think the’l stay up and build on that, the owners will plough money into the club and as they have shown with signing the likes of McGinn, Abraham & Mings (all be it the last 2 on loan) the new sporting director seems to know what he’s doing so i’d be suprised if they did a Fulham. If they don’t go up though they are going to be in real financial mess with the FairPlay rules and it’l be the end of the greasy one I’d expect them to be a middle of the road championship club next year.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3234 on: May 27, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »
Anyone heard Smith’s interview  ??? ???

He talk about momentum and they are confident after dominating both PO games  :-X

He’s proper Villa ain’t he

:D Maybe he's read your tagline!  Anyway today is the new traditional last day of the season for me -come late afternoon we can finally consign another year of frustration to history. I'll watch the game and think it could be quite entertaining whatever the result. Then it's cricket and athletics all the way with a bit of moaning about managerial appointments thrown in to keep me ticking over until August! :D

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3235 on: May 27, 2019, 08:49:38 AM »
I’ve got a bad feeling about today.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3236 on: May 27, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
I'll be getting my prayer mat out for Frank and co.
Started to dislike Dean Smith more than Villa the club.
Don't worry about  Dean Smith it's all going to end in tears in six months time which ever way the result goes today.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3237 on: May 27, 2019, 09:03:43 AM »
Come on The Rams!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3238 on: May 27, 2019, 11:05:15 AM »
Come on The Rams!
Yes come on Derby, please come on Derby, I dont know any neutrals that want viya to win

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3239 on: May 27, 2019, 11:12:47 AM »
Derby 3/1 to win in 90 minutes. Decent.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3240 on: May 27, 2019, 11:21:47 AM »
Yes come on Derby, please come on Derby, I dont know any neutrals that want viya to win

I suspect Forest fans are probably as keen for Villa to win as we are for Derby to win. Although Villa have such a capacity to annoy everyone  they ever come into contact that is probably not a given.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3241 on: May 27, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
I'm bucking the trend here as I want vile to win COYv!

But only because I seldom back a winner and hope it holds true, just for another day anyways  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3242 on: May 27, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
I'm indifferent, not bothered who wins it now we're out.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3243 on: May 27, 2019, 12:20:00 PM »
I know I might get pelters for this, but thinking long term, would it be better if villa actually get out of the way in this league? I know the general feeling is wevare going to be nowhere next season anyway, but villa will almost certainly be up there. Whether we like it or not they are a big club in this league

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3244 on: May 27, 2019, 12:21:22 PM »
I know I might get pelters for this, but thinking long term, would it be better if villa actually get out of the way in this league? I know the general feeling is wevare going to be nowhere next season anyway, but villa will almost certainly be up there. Whether we like it or not they are a big club in this league

Why?

No Grealish or Abraham, probably lose McGinn too. They are a very very very average side without little Jack.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3245 on: May 27, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »

Why?

No Grealish or Abraham, probably lose McGinn too. They are a very very very average side without little Jack.

Agreed, but they will certainly reinvest that cash

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3246 on: May 27, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
I don't come from the Midlands so I don't have the strong anti Villa feelings of most.
On balance though, I will be pleased if Derby win, as if Villa go up, it would mean that Wolves and Villa may start pulling away from ourselves and Blues in terms of attracting new support and resources. So, it's come on you Rams!

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3247 on: May 27, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »
I'm indifferent, not bothered who wins it now we're out.

If you lived, worked or had regular day to day contact with vile fans, you'd be more inclined to want to see them fail.

When the, and I know fans find this hard to believe, vile won the European Cup I got so sick of hearing it day in and day out, I actually memorised their winning team, who the opponents were, the major incident in the game, the score and the scorer.

Starting Line Up: Rimmer, Swain, McNaught, Evans, Williams, Mortimer, Cowans Bremner, Morley, Withe, Shaw

Opponents: Bayern Munich

Major Incident: Rimmer was substituted after 9 minutes and replaced by Nigel Spink

Score: 1-0 vile

Scorer: Peter Withe, 67 mins

You'd be amazed at how many vile fans haven't got a clue to most of those question. I respond to there silence by firstly laughing and then reciting the above and telling them a Baggies Fan knows more about their team than they do, some are not savvy enough to be embarrassed 

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3248 on: May 27, 2019, 01:41:28 PM »
Villa fans and Albion fans are diametrically opposite in their character.  Villa fans cannot see any flaw at all  in their team.  If they ever should lose - perish the thought - it's bad luck or poor refereeing.  They are totally conceited and arrogant.
On the other hand it's sometimes an uphill struggle to get a positive view from an Albion fan about his/her team.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3249 on: May 27, 2019, 02:33:44 PM »
Come on you Rams it's time to SOTV!