Author Topic: 22 Sept 2018 Albion 2 Millwall 0  (Read 33670 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

22 Sept 2018 Albion 2 Millwall 0
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:14:59 PM »
West Bromwich Albion v Millwall

Saturday 22nd September 2018 15.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:16:39 PM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 01:18:13 PM »

PRICES

Allocation:

£20/£23 Adults, £15/£17 Senior 65, £15 Students + & U23, £10 U18, £5 U11, £10 Disabled

SALE DATES

Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday August 13
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Wednesday August 15
General Sale - Wednesday August 15

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

Team
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 08:41:55 AM »
I’d like to see DM make tweaks. He changed brunt from centre mid, will he be brave to change back 3?

Johnstone

Dawson.   Tosin.      Brunt

Phillips.     Livermore Barry.     Gibbs

Barnes

Jrod.             Gayle

Just feel brunt is a player who can play from he back. He’s got ability to pick a long range ball over the stop for Gayle to use his pace too. His season at left back will help him therrr
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 08:47:13 AM »
I’d like to see DM make tweaks. He changed brunt from centre mid, will he be brave to change back 3?

Johnstone

Dawson.   Tosin.      Brunt

Phillips.     Livermore Barry.     Gibbs

Barnes

Jrod.             Gayle

Just feel brunt is a player who can play from he back. He’s got ability to pick a long range ball over the stop for Gayle to use his pace too. His season at left back will help him therrr

You want Brunt at centre back? Really?

:'(

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »
Left side of a back 3 yes.

Imagine the shock of wolves fans when nuno put midfielder Conor coady at the back. Reason being he was most comfortable on the ball.
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 09:14:04 AM »
Left side of a back 3 yes.

Imagine the shock of wolves fans when nuno put midfielder Conor coady at the back. Reason being he was most comfortable on the ball.

But Brunt cannot defend at all. The thought of him standing there dangling his leg out sends shivers down my spine. He may be like Beckenbaur there but it's not for me.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 09:17:10 AM »
The difference with the wolves reference is that Coady was primarily a defensive midfielder anyway so wasn't too different to what his game is about.

Brunt isn't a centre midfielder and certainly isn't a centre back. I would rather see us play Barry there IF WE HAD to play a centre mid there.

I would look to stick with the same team that started last night, potentially changing Field for Barry depending on how he recovers. (2 games in a short period might be too much for the veteran).

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
3298 tickets left in the home areas.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 10:01:02 AM »

But Brunt cannot defend at all. The thought of him standing there dangling his leg out sends shivers down my spine. He may be like Beckenbaur there but it's not for me.

Much the same as Bartley fills me with dread with rash challenges and shirt pulling. I’d be open to field or Barry in there . Just someone calm on the ball

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 12:50:19 PM »
Millwall have sold over 2000 for this.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 01:01:13 PM »
I would go with the same 11 that started against Bristol City. We won, it was exciting and, last but not least the defensive 3 need the practice to improve their distribution ;)
I would though like to see a match that does not include the certainty of HRK coming on as sub and doing nothing. If circumstances allow, bring another of the kids on please Darren!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
Tosin for Bartley and it will suffice.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
Brunt back in for Barry after being rested last night. Would try Tosin ahead of Bartley. Will do a graphic later.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 01:12:15 PM »
Brunt back in for Barry after being rested last night. Would try Tosin ahead of Bartley. Will do a graphic later.

No way Barry is far better in there. Brunt is not a central midfielder.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 01:20:34 PM »

I believe 99.9% of the fan base would concur that Dave does not know what he is doing if he reverted back to Brunt in centre mid.

Plus, I seriously enjoyed your hissy fit last night, so it is worth leaving Brunt out again for that alone.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Matthew McGrath
Assistant Referee: Mark Jones
Fourth Official: Adam Crysell

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 01:58:44 PM »
I believe 99.9% of the fan base would concur that Dave does not know what he is doing if he reverted back to Brunt in centre mid.

Plus, I seriously enjoyed your hissy fit last night, so it is worth leaving Brunt out again for that alone.

You've mentioned this a couple of times? I'm not sure what you're on about?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 02:03:41 PM »

You've mentioned this a couple of times? I'm not sure what you're on about?

Centre backs getting us in trouble again. Brunt's fault for not showing though surely...

See Barry's range of passing has sorted everything out...

Midfielders fault  :D

No but it's clearly not the fault of the midfield despite Brunt being blamed for the entire seasons ills.

#obsessed

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:08 PM »
Centre backs getting us in trouble again. Brunt's fault for not showing though surely...

See Barry's range of passing has sorted everything out...

Midfielders fault  :D

No but it's clearly not the fault of the midfield despite Brunt being blamed for the entire seasons ills.

#obsessed

All sound like astute observations from the first 20 minutes of the match to be honest...

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 06:18:16 PM »

Not really sure Barry was any better or any worse than Brunt has been in there.
For large parts of the game our midfield were overrun. However think be harsh to change the winning team.
60 mins out of Barry and get field on. As somebody else posted be nice to not see the obligatory hrk sub especially if it's for Gayle who is a great outlet for us.

O Albion we love you

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:02 PM »
Be nice to follow up the Bristol game with another 3 points takes the pressure off us for the following away game. Think a few tweaks will be seen in this game/ palace in the cup. No way Barry is playing more than a hour in each surely if he even plays both. Be tempted to let Gibbs play one game Townsend the other (Gibbs injury record worse than Darren andertons) I also think we need to get Phillips some rest because if he gets injured we are up the creek without a paddle- if we are going to see hrk come on I would like it right side to rest Phillips
O Albion we love you

westbrom3wolves0

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 02:19:33 AM »
QPR beat them 2-0 tonight so that means we will win 9-1.

In all seriousness, anything but 3 points here is a disappointment. If we are to mount a serious promotion push then we need to string a winning run together and with our next few games being; Millwall, PNE, Wednesday, Reading and Wigan ... we have a good chance to build some momentum, on the back of a great win against an in-form Bristol.

I don't expect our defence to have fixed up, but with our attacking threat, I'd like to think we will have too much for Millwall.

Would like to see Barry continue in midfield and depending on how the game goes, as Beechy says, give him a rest  - ideally bringing Field on around the 60 min mark. I wouldn't be against Tosin coming in for Bartley, but I can't see Big Dave making that call.

Our performance against Bristol was better than the shambles at Blues, so hopefully we can continue to build with a good performance here on Saturday. A win and a clean sheet would be a dream.
Oooooohhhh West Bromwich Albion! #SPRAY32

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 06:49:43 AM »
Be nice to follow up the Bristol game with another 3 points takes the pressure off us for the following away game. Think a few tweaks will be seen in this game/ palace in the cup. No way Barry is playing more than a hour in each surely if he even plays both. Be tempted to let Gibbs play one game Townsend the other (Gibbs injury record worse than Darren andertons) I also think we need to get Phillips some rest because if he gets injured we are up the creek without a paddle- if we are going to see hrk come on I would like it right side to rest Phillips

Wasn't Gibbs missing on Tuesday through illness rather than injury?
That said I do agree play Gibbs on Saturday if fit and Townsend in the cup game
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'