Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 643072 times)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #1700 on: February 26, 2018, 07:44:53 AM »
Our decision making as a club has been awful for the past two or three years. If I were in charge he would of been sacked after the loss in the league to Southampton. Players aren't interested in playing for him. He has managed to alienate supporters with questionable and weak tactics. Time to go Alan and while your at it take your pet Hammond with you.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1701 on: February 26, 2018, 08:16:45 AM »
AP has one more game to save his job apparently, according to the media today. What is the point of that? Just imagine that we actually win [which we wont]. so what happens then when we get trousered by Leicester and then Bournemouth? An absolutely pointless statement IMO. Lai has two choices, either throw the kitchen sink at survival by placing AP on gardening leave, or accepting that we are down and prepare for next season. Either way, one game to save your job will not make a blind bit of difference. Do you think the players will actually play to keep him in his job? From the evidence I saw on Saturday, the answer is no.......  if we are planning for next season then it would be nice for the club to actually say that in some way so that we can at least manage our expectations.

I have been away for a month, touching base on an almost daily basis. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that  Southampton would beat us twice, or we would put up such a pathetic display against Huddersfield.........what a sorry state of affairs we find ourselves in. 

I have always been protective of Hammond and co in the past, as we have been very good at assuming he hasn't done this or that, but its time that Lai got rid of the lot of the prawn sandwich brigade, including Hammond. The past couple of years have been a complete disaster and they have to take a lot of the blame........ 
MAGA!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1702 on: February 26, 2018, 08:42:27 AM »
I think it's simply a case of nowhere else to go now. If we could make a change to someone out of work who is decent, who wants it, who could rebuild next season as well in the Championship whilst getting one or two results this season, I think we probably would. That's a lot of criteria plus who would want the inevitable depressing whimper to relegation we have now. I just can't see anybody half decent wanting it.

We have to accept , we're a bit lost at the moment and hope that whatever changes are made in the summer are meaningful and have the effect of resetting the club...............what a mess though.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1703 on: February 26, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
Just end it now Albion. we need to re build. May as well start now
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1704 on: February 26, 2018, 09:16:39 AM »
no point in sacking him now but behind the scenes we need to be talking to and deciding exactly who we want to take over, whoever it is should be in place no more than 48 hrs after the seasons final whistle blows . We do not need the usual Albion faffing about.Whoever is coming in needs to be already armed with a pretty good idea of who is staying who is going and what exactly we need for the next season. An early appointment is more important than ever with a change of division , a large turnover of players and an earlier close to the transfer window looming.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1705 on: February 26, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
Two trains of thought on this:

Realistic: We are already down and have been for some time, due to 2 inept managers and a group of players who lack the ability or strength of character to do anything about it. In this scenario, we may as well keep Pardew until the end of the season as no-one is going to come in just to inherit a bunch of gutless no-hopers and get a relegation on their CV.

Optimistic: We are not mathematically down, so could bring someone in to throw the kitchen sink at survival. Who is available who has the skillset to get a tune out of this mob? Why would they want to?

Has to be one or the other for me but, as usual, our pathetic board come up with a completely pointless and ridiculous 3rd option of giving him "1 more game". What miracle do they think Pardew is going to come up with in a week, when every other week, he has just done the same thing?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1706 on: February 26, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Tell's you everything you need to know about Pardew when somebody like Chris Brunt has a go at you regarding tactics .
Pardew out , embarrasing and pathetic.
You don't need to be a football genius to see 4 4 2 won't work with most squads let alone ours , somebody with half a brain and a bit less self loving would have had us right in the mix with a 4 2 3 1 or 451 . Id sooner Moore and James Shan see the season out that this clown with his note pad .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1707 on: February 26, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
We are already down so should be drawing up managers who can get us out of the Championship.

If they are available now, bring them in so they can assess the players likely to stay etc. If they aren't available, looks like we will be keeping Pardew, unless we lose against Watford, then Big Dave will probably be in charge.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1708 on: February 26, 2018, 09:42:19 AM »
If it’s correct that he had two games, surely the second of those were dependant on winning the first? Otherwise the club are saying 3 points out the six was good enough, and in our position  it clearly isnt.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1709 on: February 26, 2018, 09:47:55 AM »
I can see the logic of firing him although it is too late in the day.  I can see an argument for leaving him there to the end of the season. I cannot see the point of firing him after we lose to Watford assuming that is the plan.
Logic agrees with you,who in their right mind will rock up? Any good young progressively coach is probably in and around the championship play offs so count them out and the likes of Silva? Loffin no way will he rock up here

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1710 on: February 26, 2018, 09:48:15 AM »
I just dont know what the board are waiting for. What is the point in him getting the Watford game when he is just going to put in the same players in the same formation with no tactics! The guy is clueless!
He needs to go and go now! How he is playing 4 in the midfield vs everyones 5 is pathetic!
Pathetic by him and pathetic by the board.
Feeling like what is the point in going to Watford when we know what is going to happen. Just going for the urine up in London now.

Id rather have Big Dave in charge, he wont take 2 sh*ts from the players and wont definitely play the 4 in midfield.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 09:50:18 AM by Singhwba »

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1711 on: February 26, 2018, 10:11:12 AM »
He should certainly go now. His 'success' rate is appalling. Clearly his motivation skills are terrible and his ideas around formation, tactics and team selection border on school playground stuff.
He persists with Mclean whereas Brunt at least offers something. He won't play Field - probably thinks it's a risk. Well Mr Pardew - think on this - he's 'one of us' he's young, he was in the side when Sir Gary took over and was in the most part our best player.
Why did you call back the kids on loan? ere you scared they might learn something? They won't from you.
It's pretty obvious you've lost the plot, the players don't care for you or your methods. You seem to have no idea of how to set up a side or how to instill a win in the team. Why did Chadli go to Barcelona?

Can I give you a lift anywhere? LEAVE YOUR OFFICE DOOR OPEN - I RECKON I COULD DO AS GOOD AS YOU FOR A FRACTION OF THE PAY - SOME MAY LAUGH BUT I WOULD DAMN WELL TRY HARD.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1712 on: February 26, 2018, 10:13:21 AM »
Truth is that probably Jenkins and his cohorts haven't got any idea where to turn to next

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1713 on: February 26, 2018, 10:16:03 AM »
Brunt laid into him and still the board think that Pardew is the man for another week because something is going to change? Nothing is going to change, just going to be same old same old.
Either the board have tried to get a new manager in and no one wants to come or its financial that hes still in charge.
Whatever it is, its beyond a joke now. We have become a laughing stock this season, and the main guys who are laughing are playing in our starting 11.
Pardew has no bottle to drop those guys, so the rut will continue.
Get rid, rebuild for next season, get players who want to play for our club!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1714 on: February 26, 2018, 10:55:08 AM »
Tell's you everything you need to know about Pardew when somebody like Chris Brunt has a go at you regarding tactics .
Pardew out , embarrasing and pathetic.
You don't need to be a football genius to see 4 4 2 won't work with most squads let alone ours , somebody with half a brain and a bit less self loving would have had us right in the mix with a 4 2 3 1 or 451 . Id sooner Moore and James Shan see the season out that this clown with his note pad .

Not only that but going up against another 5 man midfield with 4.  That's always going to be a struggle.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1715 on: February 26, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »
Yes Pardew needs to go right now; I would definitely cope with Big Dave in the seat for the rest of the season even if we lost every remaining fixture. Keep AP and I'm sure we will anyway.

Brunty's right and he's been a great servant for us. If only we could say the same about the board, where further heads should most definitely roll. But I bet they don't.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1716 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »
 :o
God forbid this Saturday's match is postponed due to the weather! The agony would have to be drawn out for another week...

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1717 on: February 26, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »
he's still here because it's typical Albion as in it being the easiest choice, it's about time these useless lazy people running this club got their act together or bugger off and get people in who what they're doing. basically we've done nothing so how does that address the situation? when they closed St Margrets Mental Hospital i didn't realise it had relocated at B71 4LF.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1718 on: February 26, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
So what do they do of we fluke a win??

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1719 on: February 26, 2018, 12:26:08 PM »
:o
God forbid this Saturday's match is postponed due to the weather! The agony would have to be drawn out for another week...

Can't we just give them the points if the weather intervenes?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1720 on: February 26, 2018, 12:41:25 PM »
No point in getting shut now, it achieves nothing.
Hopefully the Brunt effect will do something, as Jacko says we lost no ground at the weekend, Pards needs to ring the changes big time and give us a side that will at least compete.
Ie no places for Phillips / Barry / Evans / Gibbs,

Bring in Field / Nyom / Ali Gabr / Yacob, and at least send the fans a message !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1721 on: February 26, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »
Hopefully the Brunt effect will do something, as Jacko says we lost no ground at the weekend, Pards needs to ring the changes big time and give us a side that will at least compete.

Bring in Field / Nyom / Ali Gabr / Yacob, and at least send the fans a message !

Great in theory but I've got no confidence whatsoever in Pardew showing any willingness to be making those changes that you've suggested and that I totally agree with. We haven't lost any ground but at the same time we haven't looked like GAINING any ground either have we. No point keeping the status quo if the best we are hoping for is not losing any further ground on the sides above us. We might as well be relegated by 20 points as be relegated by 7 points. Why delay the inevitable, we need a total change. It's quite clear we are 99% resigned to relegation with this current manager and this current starting 11. If Pardew was willing to throw caution to the wind and make wholesale changes and throw some of the youngsters in and be willing to be more flexible tactically then I'd say yes, give him until the end of the season but I'm convinced that he wont. He will be relying on the same old sluggish, incompetent, experienced, spineless heads to find some balls from somewhere that they haven't looked like showing for the last 7 months. We need to hit the start of the season running in August and these next 10 games will be a telling point on if there is to be any encouragement to boost the mood amongst our fan base and to generate season ticket sales in the summer. I'm suggesting that keeping Pardew until May will do nothing to aid our cause at the start of the Championship season and do nothing to encourage the increasingly disillusioned support to get behind the club both vocally for the remainder of this season and in terms of season ticket renewals.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1722 on: February 26, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
So what do they do of we fluke a win??

They'll probably give him a five year contract!!

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1723 on: February 26, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »
Correct in every way - well said

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1724 on: February 26, 2018, 01:33:32 PM »

Isn't the fact that we didn't lose any ground at the weekend another good reason to sack him? Big ask now but if we could string a couple of wins together we would be right back in it. I just don't see it happening with Pardew in charge.