Author Topic: 18 Sept 2018 Albion 4 Bristol City 2  (Read 52292 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

18 Sept 2018 Albion 4 Bristol City 2
« on: August 18, 2018, 12:02:48 AM »
West Bromwich Albion v Bristol City

Tuesday 18th September 2018 20.00pm

Please use this board for all your After Match Debate. Away fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

In Game Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:03:52 AM »

Please use this board for all your In Game Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

Please keep this board Albion related, there are boards elsewhere in General Sports to discuss other games

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Pre Match Chat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 12:04:12 AM »

Please use this board for all your Pre Match Chat. Opposition fans are reminded to abide by the site rules.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 12:06:02 AM »

PRICES

Allocation:

£20/£23 Adults, £15/£17 Senior 65, £15 Students + & U23, £10 U18, £5 U11, £10 Disabled

SALE DATES

Home Season Ticket Holders Online/ In Person/ Phone - Monday August 13
Members Online/ In Person/ Phone - Wednesday August 15
General Sale - Wednesday August 15

For upto date ticket info
CLICK HERE

MEMBERS WITH LESS THAN 25 POSTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO OFFER TICKETS FOR SALE OR REQUEST TO BUY TICKETS ON WESTBROM.COM.
 ANYONE IGNORING THAT RULING WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »
Will this be on sky live?  I noticed the last time there was midweek championship games you could press the red button and watch any game that was on, also read that it was part of the tv deal with sky. So we should be on the red button shouldn’t we ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »
Will this be on sky live?  I noticed the last time there was midweek championship games you could press the red button and watch any game that was on, also read that it was part of the tv deal with sky. So we should be on the red button shouldn’t we ?

Yes.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 12:44:46 PM »
I'm away for this game so happy to offer up my seat at the back of the Smethwick to anyone who wants it and it's for free (I've already paid via my season ticket)
Its near the back, at the end of row NN, so it is in amongst the noisy buggers who habitually stand a lot. So if banging of drums or people who stand get on your wick then this is not the seat for you, however if you have always wanted to see what all the fuss is about being in the back of the Smethwick feel free to fill your boots.
PM me and it will be done on a first come first served basis and I'll post the ticket on to you
COYB
Ticket has now gone
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 05:56:56 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »
Referee: Jeremy Simpson
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Assistant Referee: Adam Matthews
Fourth Official: Mark Heywood

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Team
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 11:05:04 PM »
On the back of tonights display:
           Johnstone
     Tosin Dawson Barry
         Field Livermore
Phillips.                    Gibbs
                 Barnes
             JRod    Gayle

Reality will be the same team as tonight

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 11:01:34 AM »
Does anyone at the club read these forums? If so can you please knock on Darren Moore's door and please, please, please ask him to give Sam Field a run in the middle of the park. This is driving me nuts because the answer to our problem in there is right within the club and Darren just cannot see it.

Actually if anyone has a personal EMail address for Darren someone please let me have it. I've never even thought of contacting a manager before but I would politely ask for answers on this issue.

The other change I'd make is Adarabioyo for Bartley. I'm not certain if that's the answer but at least lets look at it. From what I've seen of Tosin so far he has far more natural ability than Bartley but can he play on the left of a three? One way to find out.

Johnstone

Dawson               Hegazi                  Adarabioyo

Phillips                       Livermore             FIELD                             Gibbs

Barnes

JRod / Burke / HRK?     Gayle.

Don't know who I'd play alongside Gayle.

Subs: Myhill, Bartley, Barry, Harper, Hoolahan, Brunt, JRod / Burke / HRK.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
I haven't seen Bristol City play last year so my team selection is based on the assumption that they will try and press us like they did against City in the League Cup last year:

Johnstone

Dawson
Hegazi
Barry

Phillips
Livermore
Brunt
Gibbs

Barnes

Burke
Gayle

Myhill, Adarabioyo, Mears, Townsend, Field, Hoolahan, Rodriguez

I worry about Phillips and/or Gibbs picking up and injury, hence Mears and Townsend on the bench. I know he has played as a forward for us but I do wonder whether Robson-Kanu could play rwb for us. He played wide plenty for Reading and looks disciplined enough to do his defensive work to me. If so, I'd have him on the bench ahead of Mears as he'd then cover rwb and cf.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »
If there aren't a couple of changes in the back 7 I'll be very surprised.  I also think he'll start HRK for Rodrigues.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »
Does anyone at the club read these forums? If so can you please knock on Darren Moore's door and please, please, please ask him to give Sam Field a run in the middle of the park. This is driving me nuts because the answer to our problem in there is right within the club and Darren just cannot see it.

Actually if anyone has a personal EMail address for Darren someone please let me have it. I've never even thought of contacting a manager before but I would politely ask for answers on this issue.

The other change I'd make is Adarabioyo for Bartley. I'm not certain if that's the answer but at least lets look at it. From what I've seen of Tosin so far he has far more natural ability than Bartley but can he play on the left of a three? One way to find out.

Johnstone

Dawson               Hegazi                  Adarabioyo

Phillips                       Livermore             FIELD                             Gibbs

Barnes

JRod / Burke / HRK?     Gayle.

Don't know who I'd play alongside Gayle.

Subs: Myhill, Bartley, Barry, Harper, Hoolahan, Brunt, JRod / Burke / HRK.

I think there’s more to the whole Field thing can we know about, maybe he just isn’t good enough? Pulis, Pardew and now Moore aren’t picking him, but a lot of fans seem to hold him as the saviour to our midfield. For why it’s worth, I would prefer to see Harper get some game time in the middle. He he abit more about him.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
I think there’s more to the whole Field thing can we know about, maybe he just isn’t good enough? Pulis, Pardew and now Moore aren’t picking him, but a lot of fans seem to hold him as the saviour to our midfield. For why it’s worth, I would prefer to see Harper get some game time in the middle. He he abit more about him.
If Field isn't good enough why do we keep extending his contract and why does he keep getting in England age squads ? Also, how did he look pretty decent in the premier league ?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »
It is on the red button - just don't expect the usual 'main game' full features. i.e. it's not HD, can't record or pause it and coverage has a limited number of cameras....but main thing is it's on.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »

Well he played in the first few games last season and did well, then Megson picked him in the two games he was in charge for and again Field did well yet not a sniff under Pardew or Moore which is a disgrace when we're awful in the centre of the pitch.

As for some saying he's not all that, how do we know one way or the other given the lack of decent chances he's getting ?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2018, 11:52:21 PM »
Well he played in the first few games last season and did well, then Megson picked him in the two games he was in charge for and again Field did well yet not a sniff under Pardew or Moore which is a disgrace when we're awful in the centre of the pitch.

As for some saying he's not all that, how do we know one way or the other given the lack of decent chances he's getting ?

Don’t get me wrong I’m with the 99% of the fans who want to see him get a run in the team. He looks tidy on the ball whenever I have seen him play. Just seems odd hat he’s not getting any game time especially this season when a lot of us expected to see him starting games here and there. He’s seems lower in the pecking order than ever before with Moore seeming to like Harper more out the two of them.

Genuinely think we should have sent him out on loan till January if we don’t have any plans of using him.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »

Right OK. This is how Sam Field was used in the league last season in central midfield. Don't forget he was a 19 year old kid.

Under Pulis

Bournemouth Home          W 1-0
Burnley Away                   W 1-0

Under Megson

Tottenham Away              D 1-1
Newcastle Home              D 2-2

Under Pardew

Palace Home                   D 0-0

Pardew then used him wide left at Swansea and Man City if I remember right but I stand corrected on that. The above shows quite clearly that Sam Field was hardly a negative on the team in the Premier League last season. Now I know that's a small sample and you can manipulate stats, of course but given the disastrous season that we had in no way can that record be looked on as a negative. It clearly shows he does not weaken the team and that's in the Premier League a year ago.

Now lets look at the attributes he has.

He is left footed which is ideal for the role he should be playing it creates perfect balance of the two in the middle of the park. He has more legs than Barry or Brunt. He is physically good. I know he's listed as 5'10" but he clearly isn't he's around 6'1". He is better defensively certainly than Brunt. He can tackle, he can head. His biggest attributes though are on the ball. He is calm and composed. He isn't wasteful he will play simple to retain possession when required but he can spot a forward pass and he can exectute it. Long balls, short passes, his range is excellent.

How is this boy NOT what we need alongside Livermore?

Football is about levels but the England set ups have no problem including him and he has showed he can hold his own in the Premier League. He is at the perfect age now to be pushed into the team from his personal point of view and he is exactly what we are crying out for.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:30:31 AM by Atomic »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
3837 left for this game. Looks set to be the lowest league gate of the season so far. I've no idea how many Bristol City have sold but 19,500 (approx.) sold in home ends.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 09:30:09 AM »
Good post . If Field, Harper, Burke, Edwards, and Leko are not actively used during the 6 games in 19 days coming up they may as well give up.
Darren Moore is trying to play safe with the old guard, and they will let him down and cost him his job.   
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »
Good post . If Field, Harper, Burke, Edwards, and Leko are not actively used during the 6 games in 19 days coming up they may as well give up.
Darren Moore is trying to play safe with the old guard, and they will let him down and cost him his job.
Let's hope he's got the nerve to go for it.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:55 AM »
It's obvious why Field isn't getting in the team - because he isn't one of the old boys. Moore, like others before him, selects players based on name and status in the dressing room, and is too scared to drop them (e.g. Livermore, Brunt) in favour of a younger player. Such a waste.

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 10:46:37 AM »
CB and JM have been a dominant force in the dressing room for many years and it seems DM is pandering to that.

The Board had the chance for a clean break and bring in a new broom management and do a reboot of the club. They chose a compromise which is trying to play football the modern way but with the old guard who are just not up to it.

Darren needs to grow a pair and commit to young blood in certain key positions for the rest of the season. I think Bristol will be a stern test. They will fancy their chances of a win.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 12:10:45 PM »
Reckon we will Win this 2-0.

Have to watch out for watkins, brownhill& weimann. All capable of causing us problems