Author Topic: The Kids next season  (Read 13318 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: The Kids next season
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 06:16:46 PM »
Kids next season, I'm bringing two of my grandsons (aged 4 and 2 months) to games, these are the kids that really matter and we really need to ensure West Bromwich Albion!

PS Grandson living in Australia, who is 3 and is already the CEO of the Melbourne, Hawthorn East West Bromwich Albion's supports Club  :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:40:03 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 12:09:43 AM »
Saw Tulloch play twice for England  U17's One was on TV against Isreal Came on as a Sub Did Nothing Really and Dived. Seen him Today at The Bescot Came on again as Sub added a bit more Creativity and got an assist or was involved in our First Goal but as soon as he came on Pulled a Player back got aye.low and at 2-1 up Dived in the box and Was lucky not To see A Second Yellow was in Front of me both times As England were Scoring at Tile Choice Stand in Second Half So Dives And is a bit on off But Might make an impact given time.

I think the sun must have been in your eyes chap.

In the context of the game he should never have received a yellow card in the first instance. If that was a booking the Italians would/should have been down to nine men before half time. Regarding his 'assist' he was brought down for a penalty from which we scored.

He didn't dive towards the end either, he fell as the challenge came in and didn't even claim for a pen'. You also say he 'did nothing really', yet 'added a bit more creativity' and 'might make an impact given time'. Which one?

Along with Appiah he stretched their back line, tied up their right back and prevented him from overlapping like he'd been able to do throughout the second half prior to Rayhaan's introduction. He thus assisted in us overloading both of their fullbacks thus bringing the game to the Italians, and his general movement was also very good.

Admittedly not a world beater yet but the lad's got a promising future, the only disappointment for me was that he didn't start.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Talking about two different games my dad thought it was Dive and I couldn't really See as it was closer to the Main Stand I agree Italians should have seen Players sent off Referee was useless He added more Creativity When he played against the Italians Did Nothing against Isreal Give him a full game he might do more Score Create Stuff And Give him time to Develope he should learn and Looks a good Prospect.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
Went to Burton yesterday and watched England u17s. Tulloch came on and showed real pace and skill. Not sure he is a left winger though but he does look a real prospect.

Fitzwater did very well at Walsall and I hope will get a chance with us at championship level.

Ultimately, these kids need to be given a chance, because we are spending a lot on the academy and it needs to come good. If we do not get back up, we will rely on it.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 08:17:38 AM »
Saw an article by Matt Wilson and it mentioned that Jack Fitzwater, Rayhaam Tulloch, Sam Field, Jonathan Leko, Rakeen Harper are expected to challenge for a first team place next season. No mention of Kane Wilson though.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 08:26:05 AM »
Saw an article by Matt Wilson and it mentioned that Jack Fitzwater, Rayhaam Tulloch, Sam Field, Jonathan Leko, Rakeen Harper are expected to challenge for a first team place next season. No mention of Kane Wilson though.

maybe they're waiting to see what happens with Exeter and the play off final, what I mean is maybe Exeter will make an offer for him if they gain promotion?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 08:26:44 AM »
Nor Oliver Burke?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 08:32:19 AM »
Nor Oliver Burke?

Think he's already considered part of the 1st team squad?

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 08:37:56 AM »
Think he's already considered part of the 1st team squad?

Yeah think they are talking about academy promotions. I’m interested to see what Fitzwater is like. Did well at Walsall when they had a tough season. At a good age to step up.

In a summer where me may loose Evans, Dawson, Hegazi (if rumours are to be believed) and with a 37/38 yo McAuley. We may have no choice but to use him.

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
Kyle Edwards came off the bench for Exeter against Coventry at Wembley today, & in the little time he was on, was excellent, scoring a consolation and playing really well for a well beaten team. Kane Wilson was sub too but didn't get on. Nonetheless 2 very good players that DM will know all about.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 05:37:45 PM »
Kyle Edwards came off the bench for Exeter against Coventry at Wembley today, & in the little time he was on, was excellent, scoring a consolation and playing really well for a well beaten team. Kane Wilson was sub too but didn't get on. Nonetheless 2 very good players that DM will know all about.

Paul Tisdale criminally underused those two this season, it will have stunted a year of their development, I'm glad they didn't get promoted.

Kane Wilson is the best right back you're going to get at that level and he was messed about being in and out of the team all season. Kyle Edwards is unlikely to ever be good enough for Albion but he should have got more game time than he did this season, showed today how effective he can be at that level.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 05:44:13 PM »
Paul Tisdale criminally underused those two this season, it will have stunted a year of their development, I'm glad they didn't get promoted.

Kane Wilson is the best right back you're going to get at that level and he was messed about being in and out of the team all season. Kyle Edwards is unlikely to ever be good enough for Albion but he should have got more game time than he did this season, showed today how effective he can be at that level.
Edwards had a good 20 minutes when he came on and took his goal really well. Not sure why you say he's not likely to be good enough for us, think it's a bit early to write him off especially as we are now a championship team. He's also under contract until summer 2020 so some faith has been put in him.

I think Wilson has had one or two injuries at Exeter and he's got sent off twice so it's certainly been stop start for him.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »
Edwards had a good 20 minutes when he came on and took his goal really well. Not sure why you say he's not likely to be good enough for us, think it's a bit early to write him off especially as we are now a championship team. He's also under contract until summer 2020 so some faith has been put in him.

I think Wilson has had one or two injuries at Exeter and he's got sent off twice so it's certainly been stop start for him.

Edwards is 20 now, needs to be knocking on the door of the first team by the end of this season or he'll be let go at the end of his contract. That doesn't look like it is going to be happening as things stand.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »
Edwards is 20 now, needs to be knocking on the door of the first team by the end of this season or he'll be let go at the end of his contract. That doesn't look like it is going to be happening as things stand.
He may or may not go out on loan again next year. Agreed if he's not a regular in the team or match squad by the end of his contract he will be let go but that's two years off and the fact he has that contract means he's rated. Anyway did well today so positive signs.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »
I understand what wba_1996 means when he says Edwards is unlikely to breakthrough here. Strikers generally develop earlier than defenders and midfielders, so to be on a leagye 2 bench at 20 suggests your % chance of cutting it at the top end of the championship are less. No shane in that, if you can forge a career at league 1 or 2 you have done very well, and some players are late bloomers.

As for next season, Fitzwater has given himself a chance to challenege, Field will be looking to get regular gamr time and Leko and Harper will no doubt get the 1st half of the season here unless we sign a few midfielders in the summer (in which case a league 1 loan deal could be useful to them). Rakeem Harper

Tulloch, at 17, might be a bit young for next season, but he will probably get a couple of chances from the bench and you never know.

After that, itnwill be a wait and see about any of the other academykids taking any chances they get from the bench next season.
Boing Boing

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 03:18:13 PM »
I remember watching a young 20 year old loanee at Barnet back in 2008/2009. He was pretty rubbish.

How much did Everton eventually pay for Bolasie in the end?

Moral of the story is players develop at different points. I wouldn't write Edwards off at all after that strike yesterday.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 07:04:00 PM »
Edwards isn't out on loan because he's rubbish, he's there to get experience of 1st team football (even from the bench) and experience of life. Given Exeter's financial position that was talked about yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if we are paying at least part and maybe all of the wages for him and Wilson.
Tulloch may go out on loan next year, though I guess it depends to what extent younger players impress during pre-season.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
Aren't Tulloch and Nathan Fergusen the highest rated out of the next crop of youngsters after the Harper and Wilson year?

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 07:43:13 PM »
Even if they are there could well be others that turn out better then them.

Sam Field seemingly came out of nowhere. At least I hadn't heard his name mentioned before 2016/2017. Whilst Izzy Brown had already buggered off before then and is only a year above Field.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 09:12:32 PM »
People have got prematurely excited about our youngsters before and they've almost always ended up being released or sold to a club in League 1 or below. It's better to hype them up when they've done something for us or at least at our (new) level.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 09:14:19 PM »
People have got prematurely excited about our youngsters before and they've almost always ended up being released or sold to a club in League 1 or below. It's better to hype them up when they've done something for us or at least at our (new) level.
Aren't we just discussing them here ?

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
Aren't we just discussing them here ?
Some are bigging them up to be better than they probably are, based on them playing in lower leagues. If Championship clubs wanted them, and they'd done well at one of them, then I could understand it more, but the only one who got that gig (Leko) flattered to deceive in the end.

Remember that Darren didn't select any of those that were here in the match-day 18 for the Palace game, when there was an ideal opportunity to give them a go. Does that say something about them, about him or neither?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:25:03 PM by WorcsWBA »

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 01:03:42 AM »
Aren't Tulloch and Nathan Fergusen the highest rated out of the next crop of youngsters after the Harper and Wilson year?

Yep, those are the noises coming out of the club. Tulloch will be in the Berahino bracket (before he went AWOL).

The one to watch out for is Morgan Rogers, looks an amazing prospect.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 06:39:17 AM »
Some are bigging them up to be better than they probably are, based on them playing in lower leagues. If Championship clubs wanted them, and they'd done well at one of them, then I could understand it more, but the only one who got that gig (Leko) flattered to deceive in the end.

Remember that Darren didn't select any of those that were here in the match-day 18 for the Palace game, when there was an ideal opportunity to give them a go. Does that say something about them, about him or neither?

Thought Leko was on the bench?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:41:28 AM by Hull Baggie »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 10:56:49 AM »
Thought Leko was on the bench?

You're right, he was.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.