Author Topic: 15 Apr 2018 Man Utd 0 Albion 1  (Read 25991 times)

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »
Just goes to show what happens when JE does not play. I put him down as the main culprit for many of our problems on the pitch this season. Doubt very much we would have got that fight and grit with him swanning around the back. Hope he remains 'injured' for the remaining games.

So pleased for darren Moore. That is on his CV for ever.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
I fear our fate is signed, sealed and all but delivered. However, we should continue fighting to ensure we don’t finish bottom of the league and thus win more prize money, which would come in useful and give fans a filip going into a Championship season

Yep, let's try and aim to finish above Stoke!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2018, 07:03:49 PM »
Sheer grit and determination which did the job today. Special mentions for Foster and Jay Rod but a bit unfair on the others. Had a couple of close ref. calls which might have gone the other way, but for sheer character and guts we deserved it.

Headlines will be for Citeh, but we'll be getting quite a few mentions right across the national and international media. Good to get a bit of positive publicity for once.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:08:55 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
I'm absolutely buzzing for Moore. He has got 4 points out of his first two games. Whatever he has done or said to these players has got them playing well. As things stand I wouldn't say no to him having the job on a more full-time basis but I'll wait until the end of the season to cast judgement on that. We are down and out but the fans who travelled north today deserved that. It was excellent. Apparently foster and J Rod were very complementary towards Moore in their post match interviews. Sounded very much like they want him to get it full-time.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
Unbeaten in 5 games without a manager now. Megson and Moore anybody?

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »
Really happy for Big Dave. Shame we couldn't have done this a few weeks ago. Still, even if the worst happens, we've enjoyed a great victory at Old Trafford and prevented them from winning the PL.

Well done lads, enjoy a drink tonight, you showed a good spirit.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
It was good to see the smile put back on the face of our players today and fans spirits lifted, thank you Darren Moore!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »
Great result but where have the players been hiding all season  >:( well done big Dave

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2018, 09:33:52 PM »
Just shows that splashing ridiculous money on big name players is not everything.
Pogba got substituted today.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:50 PM »
The only annoying thing to come out of today is the performance  as one that we all know the team is capable of, yet we haven’t really seen it all season.

Defiantly a season of what could have been.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
A fantastic battling display, rode our luck with the Dawson challenge on Herrera but the right call from the ref I think.

Not many mentioning it but I thought McClean was very good yesterday, his best game for us without a doubt. On another day Rondon would score at least one of the 3 or 4 decent crosses that McClean put in for him but Rondon did the hold up work all day and mostly did it well.

Rodriguez was all over the pitch, dropping deep and finding space, another very good performance. Great anticipation for the goal too.

Thought Brunt and Livermore were poor at the start but soon got to grips with the Man Utd midfield and both improved after about 15 minutes.

Foster is MOTM for me mainly due to the save from Lukaku's header but his whole game was excellent, he seemed to anticipate everything and was there to collect the ball at the first sign of danger.

Whatever Big Dave is doing/saying is working a treat, no chance of us staying up but at least we look as if we have some pride back. The team spirit looks good again.

Our first win with Tierney as ref!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:08 AM »
there's going to be some eggy faces this morning. :D

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:10 AM »
Mourinho talked afterwards of mental side of the game. I think we probably know this has been our main failing this season as most of the players have performed well below what they should've done. Big Dave seems to have taken the pressure away/ relaxed them a bit to me or maybe that happened when Pardew went. Either way, I hope we finish the season relatively strongly and can start to see the players who want to try and fix things and do their best to get us back up. 

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2018, 09:22:24 AM »
Great display all round yesterday, fantastic and they did us and Darren proud.

What a difference the right gaffer makes it seems!!

My only nagging thought is - were they providing a shop window for next season?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2018, 09:46:07 AM »
Interesting to hear McClean's comments... that the team is pulling together in the same direction, that Moore is very likeable.  Just shows what an utter disaster Pardew was.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Team
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:55 AM »
Fair play Big Dave. I was worried about the midfield especially quarter back Brunt but we didn't play that way this week. They were excellent.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »
I just want to comment on what a well worked goal it was. Dawson peeling off to the back post, Hegazi and Rondon making the front post runs to clear the space that Rodriguez runs into. Even having Rodriguez against Lukaku (good in the air but not as switched on for marking) is a good bit of play.

I didn't notice at first but it's actually Matic that nods it down for JRod.

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2018, 03:42:07 PM »
Cracking team performance and a thoroughly deserved three points.

Effort, grit and though shalt not pass determination ably accompanied by the away support who put the tourists to shame........ again!

Superb day out  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.