West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Glamour  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Senior Baggie
Glamour
« on: February 01, 2018, 11:14:27 PM »
How do people (OK...Us blokes) feel about women who use glamour to get on and make a career etc for themselves?
https://news.sky.com/story/im-proud-of-being-a-grid-girl-dont-ban-us-11232330
Do we also say that Mr Universe shouldn't happen?
Too much PC for me.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
Re: Glamour
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »
No end to this chyte is there?
If the girls are comfortable doing what they do and not subjected to any harassment then let them pursue that career path.
I see some of the gallery's have already started taking paintings down before the furore escalates.
In my eyes what the PC brigade are doing is setting us back to the dark ages.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
It's absurd, all of it.

The art gallery I think is just cashing in on this crap with some publicity stunt.

Sexual liberation is going backwards not forwards with this puritanical movement we have going on.

Think I might move to Europe.....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »
 This PC is getting out of control it will take us back to Victorian times with bells on, also like all things liberal the hypocrisy is overwhelming we have actresses and pop stars  at the forefront of feminism yet they are only to happy to flash the flesh for money.

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 11:31:37 AM »
Where will all this PC saftness end?
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
Some people make money with their brains, some with their hands, some with their looks, it seems that only certain human attributes are acceptable today, but we all look at an attractive member of the opposite or same sex so its total hypocrisy.
Notes from a small island!

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »
No problem with women using their looks to make money. But it is the decision of the event organisers or TV companies whether they want to use women’s looks to promote the event.

Darts, F1 is becoming more and more family friendly and this is all just part of that. Still plenty of avenues for good looking women to make money from their looks.

Times change, attitudes change, the world moves on. Not a big story in my opinion.

Offline HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 10:41:56 AM »
The art gallery thing is absolutely nonsense. Artwork traverses centuries and you can’t expect a piece of art to adapt to changing attitudes. That being said the Galley in question is quite within their right to remove and add whatever art work they want, but I don’t agree with their reasons on this one.

Offline Albion79

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »
I dont get it at all.

If you go to the beach or go your local swimming pool there will be loads of blokes in just speedos or tiny shorts and loads of women in bikini's and costimes, a lot less clothing than the F1 and Darts girls wear, shall we now ban that as well?! Is somebody going to be offended by that?!

I saw one of the F1 girls said that crazily enough they actually like doing the work they do, nobody forces them, they get paid well and enjoy themselves and its people getting offended for them!

If people are being forced to do anything they dont want then thats different but with this subject its just PC getting more and more stupid.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »
I dont get it at all.

If you go to the beach or go your local swimming pool there will be loads of blokes in just speedos or tiny shorts and loads of women in bikini's and costimes, a lot less clothing than the F1 and Darts girls wear, shall we now ban that as well?! Is somebody going to be offended by that?!

I saw one of the F1 girls said that crazily enough they actually like doing the work they do, nobody forces them, they get paid well and enjoy themselves and its people getting offended for them!

If people are being forced to do anything they dont want then thats different but with this subject its just PC getting more and more stupid.
i know Michelle Westby has said something in that ball park, she started as a grid girl and now is now a stunt and drift driver. she says many are there because they actively want to. they see it as a career opportunity and not just to get paid.

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:48 PM »
Liberation for women, that's what i preach..... :D