West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Best goal ever
« Last post by AlbionFan on Today at 10:16:23 AM »
some great goals thats for sure, keep um coming.
i'm a bit surprised no one has said Jeff's goal in the 68 cup final a history making one to i mean scoring in every round ant no easy thing.

And with his left foot as well!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: I ain't giving up!
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 10:13:55 AM »
Going forward I want to see Albion's 'best team' ever, not 'best players'. There's a big difference.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Best goal ever
« Last post by bradleysrocket on Today at 10:00:00 AM »
Unsurprisingly my favourite was Bradley’s against the wolves. Probably not the best, Rondon would certainly require more skill to execute.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Alan Pardew
« Last post by liverbaggie on Today at 09:46:50 AM »
I can see what Pardew tried to do with Barry and Evans, I think he was saying to them that you two have let this club,your supporters,me and yourselves down now get on that pitch and show everyone what you can do and what your made of and put in your best performances.
Didn't work though did it,it only proved that us fans know they are both vastly operated overpaid players who only play for a wage not the club,those days are gone and only now and again a player comes along who genuinely loves this club and is happy to be with us.
Neither of them should be in that first team unless an injury occurs.
No fight no backbone,sick of them both.
A captain should lead by example,give it to Dawson now.
« Last post by B_H_Baggie on Today at 09:43:32 AM »
We simply have to do our bit from the stands and just pray that it helps the players on the pitch as quite frankly that is all we have left. At the very least we if we do that then we can all say at least we did our bit.
« Last post by B_H_Baggie on Today at 09:41:14 AM »
I personally hope that he can perform some kind of miracle and somehow keep us in the Premier League but then we part ways in the summer regardless and start a full rebuild. If it is true about Evans being reinstated as captain this week then that just proves how weak a manager he is and that can't be accepted by the club. With that said it is extremely unlikely that anyone else can come in at this stage and make a significant difference so unless they want to wave the white flag in a couple of games time and get someone in purely with Championship football in mind then I don't really see the point in making the change right now.
« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Today at 09:07:32 AM »
Saw on twitter that he still have two more games to save his job.
But I think it would be too late if we lose two more games, at that time relegation is inevitable even we hire Guardiola.

We need six points from the two games, ultimately. Our final few games are terrible so we need to amass some serious points in the next 6 or 7 games to stand any chance...which we won't.
« Last post by darbolina on Today at 09:05:40 AM »
It's a strange one re Pardew playing both Evans and Barry last week. I suppose it was a calculated gamble on his part - win and everyone says it was right, lose and you're slaughtered. From the outside, we look a bit of a mess and lacking in leadership from the top down really. Hopefully this is just perception? To state the completely bleedin obvious - the only way to turn it around for Pardew is to win games starting Saturday. Good managers who have the player's support just find a way...................
« Last post by darbolina on Today at 09:00:25 AM »
It's an interesting comparison with the great escape season! I'd say that team seemed to have more characters, scrappers than the current team who seem (all perceptions) a little quiet on the pitch. Teams that stay up against the odds generally have to find an x factor which is a sudden patch of goalscoring form or they have the character to dig in and fight for results. This 'character' factor is the biggest difference between a Villa last season and a Swansea this year. Players can have less quality but find an % together, as a team by working their socks off and focusing.

As you say Sturridge is the only potential x factor for goals and I have seen little character in the important games so far (against teams around us) to show that the players can dig out results.

This team feels more like Robson's relegated team the season after so far - flat, overpaid, selfish with in fighting being the only fight they had.

I'd love this bunch to find some balls and quickly!
« Last post by koren on Today at 08:47:38 AM »
Saw on twitter that he still have two more games to save his job.
But I think it would be too late if we lose two more games, at that time relegation is inevitable even we hire Guardiola.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10