Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 774622 times)

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #375 on: July 21, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
I belive everything that is on the interweb!  ??? lol

No i understand that it might not be true, but what if it is? Then going in quickly is the only thing to do! Dilly Dallying around will only mean we miss out!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #376 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »
When players who come up for sale and to behonest 1million to loan foster for a season is a bargin with a view to sign has to be snaped up quickly in my opinion!

In an ideal world yes.

But take the Foster transfer as an example. No-one else is reported to be interested. The longer it goes on the more tempted the Blues will be at accepting a lower offer for Foster meaning we may have more money to spend on other targets.

In regards to the reported loan, 1million is a lot to pay for a season especially when you think we maybe able to get him on a permanent deal for around 6mill maybe even less.

Sometimes there are times that need you to get in and make an offer (a bit like Wolves with Johnson) others where we need to wait, like this one and the Odemwingie deal last season.

Additionally, Roy may want a final say before finalising a deal and with him not back until the weekend it maybe that he wants to do his own talks (to get an idea of fosters personallity) before anything is agreed.

I understand what you're saying but we just need to be patient.

We can moan if we are in September with no new signings.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #377 on: July 21, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »
He's also linked to Arsenal in one report. How feasible could this be considering they also desperately need a keeper. Arsene doesn't really like to splash the cash either.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #378 on: July 21, 2011, 01:19:56 PM »
He's also linked to Arsenal in one report. How feasible could this be considering they also desperately need a keeper. Arsene doesn't really like to splash the cash either.

Oh dear
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #379 on: July 21, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
My point of signing him up quickly seems to make sence!

Arsenal...West Brom...mmmm hard choice!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2011, 01:23:02 PM »
We have definitely held talks about signing him, is there anything to suggest that Arsenal have or are we just going by the newspapers assuming Arsenal have an interest in him?

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
We have definitely held talks about signing him, is there anything to suggest that Arsenal have or are we just going by the newspapers assuming Arsenal have an interest in him?

Im sure there was nothing concrete just some papers putting 2 and 2 together. Arsenal need a keeper, foster is 'available'...

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »
Im sure there was nothing concrete just some papers putting 2 and 2 together. Arsenal need a keeper, foster is 'available'...
why though? fabianski and szczesny are good keepers?

dB

« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2011, 01:49:57 PM »
why though? fabianski and szczesny are good keepers?

Good, yes. Arsenal standard (aiming for top 4), no.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2011, 02:02:26 PM »
Good, yes. Arsenal standard (aiming for top 4), no.

Exactly. Fabianzki is average imo and Szcesny would be good for someone like Everton, Villa but for Arsenal who should be aiming to win the league no chance.

Ogwani

« Reply #385 on: July 21, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
Why would he go to Arsenal over us if he wants to stay in the Midlands and he'll be getting exactly the same wages because we are paying his wages for Birmingham City...

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
Exactly. Fabianzki is average imo and Szcesny would be good for someone like Everton, Villa but for Arsenal who should be aiming to win the league no chance.
Sames foster then , good but not top 4 class. I don't think we'd have too much genuine competition for his signature if we really want him. Probably why there doesn't appear to be any hurry.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »

So is Foster good enough for Arsenal on that basis, a former Man Utd Reserve?

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »
Anyway back to foster. Is there any ITK people on here who can shed a bit of light on this subject? Getting annoyed now that we seem to be dragging the deal out. Very impatient me!

Also, if blues want 1mil for loan and then 4mil if we stay up next season, why can't we just buy him outright now for 4mil?
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:54 PM »
I think he will become a baggie, just depending on whether its loan or permanent is the issue.

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2011, 02:12:38 PM »
Its so that if blues come back up they will have Foster back. It has nothing to do with the albion staying up!

1.5million to loan and then 4.5million to sign next year!

6million for Foster i would sign him up stright away!

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »
Its so that if blues come back up they will have Foster back. It has nothing to do with the albion staying up!

1.5million to loan and then 4.5million to sign next year!

6million for Foster i would sign him up stright away!

I thought it was 1 mil and 4 mil. At 5 mil I'd snap him up now! If I had the money ;D
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2011, 02:27:36 PM »
Anyway back to foster. Is there any ITK people on here who can shed a bit of light on this subject? Getting annoyed now that we seem to be dragging the deal out. Very impatient me!

Also, if blues want 1mil for loan and then 4mil if we stay up next season, why can't we just buy him outright now for 4mil?
Because Blues don't want to sell him outright now for 4mil.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2011, 02:33:01 PM »
So is Foster good enough for Arsenal on that basis, a former Man Utd Reserve?

Id say so yes. Got the potential without question

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »
A loan deal would be OK , we get a top keeper for a season if the Blues don't come up we buy him for 6 million, in a way if we did get him on loan it would be great business because we can spend money on Long and a defender, it gives us a year to save the money for foster that's if we stay up and if this rumour comes true :D
BOING BOING

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
Why would he go to Arsenal over us if he wants to stay in the Midlands and he'll be getting exactly the same wages because we are paying his wages for Birmingham City...

There is no way he choose us over Arsenal. London isn't a million miles away either and it would be for 1 season initially. Chances are it's just papertalk anyway.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
Sorry to put a downer on it

Beacon has not put out anything about ben foster despite certain reports on a #WBA fansite
TweetDeck • 21/07/2011 14:38
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
That has hardly put a downer on it, that was always unlikely to be true given that only one person on twitter appeared to hear it and someone posted it on here  :D

The thing that has got people hopeful is that Hodgson has confirmed we have held talks about him and that is after all the stuff about Green last week.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:49:06 PM by B_H_Baggie »

dB

« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2011, 02:48:07 PM »

Beacon has not put out anything about ben foster despite certain reports on a #WBA fansite

The E&D have confirmed it though.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2011/07/21/albion-in-talks-over-ben-foster-move/

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »

Part of the Express &  Dingle, what do you expect
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties