Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 774612 times)

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2575 on: January 06, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
Devastating news that this clown is back just in time to give his beloved Villa a helping hand. I look forward to his condescending tweet afterwards.

Cannot stand this bloke.

Why do you think this?  His first tweet said:

Ben Foster ‏@BenFoster
Sorry to let the lads and fans down tonight, I love you all😘😘

Professional footballers generally hate losing. Keepers generally hate letting in goals.  Foster knows what beating V*lla means to us as an Albion player and also from his days with BCFC.    I really struggle to believe that he did what he did because he loves V*lla any more than I believe that Rondon did what he did because he loves Bournmemouth.

Care to elaborate?  You are clearly an experienced poster and may know something I don't

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2576 on: January 06, 2016, 07:35:27 PM »
Devastating news that this clown is back just in time to give his beloved Villa a helping hand. I look forward to his condescending tweet afterwards.

Cannot stand this bloke.
if villa got 6 points for a win it wont help them now mate, anyway glad Fozzies back, best keeper we have and have had for a good few years!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2577 on: January 07, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »

Cannot stand this bloke.
He made a mistake, get over it.  How you can constantly be so dismissive of someone who has served the club you say you support so well shows you to be rather pathetic.
"This crack is really moreish."

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2578 on: January 07, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
He made a mistake, get over it.  How you can constantly be so dismissive of someone who has served the club you say you support so well shows you to be rather pathetic.
He's made quite a few over the years the f**k up with Tamas that allowed Shotton to score a last minute winner also stands out vastly over rated by a lot of people on here.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2579 on: January 07, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »
He's made quite a few over the years the f**k up with Tamas that allowed Shotton to score a last minute winner also stands out vastly over rated by a lot of people on here.

What Keeper doesn't make mistakes? He's made far fewer mistakes the majority of prem keepers over the last 5 or so years, in a team where he has lots to do!

Before his dip in form last season and the clanger at Villa Park, I don't remember anywhere near the abuse he is getting on here from some!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2580 on: January 07, 2016, 12:24:49 PM »
Foster is a good goalkeeper, as for mistakes they all make them just that he made one at the wrong time against the wrong team.
i confess to never having seen it because i was watching on Sky and nipped to the loo  the wife shouted that they had a penalty and to this day i haven't been able to watch it the pain was bad enough already  :(.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2581 on: January 07, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »

The club I say I support? I must have imagined the last twenty years I've been a season ticket holder and the countless away trips then.

It is my OPINION (everyone has one if you weren't aware) that Ben Foster was in rapid decline before that Villa game and needed to be dropped before conveniently (suspiciously in my OPINION) having the worst game of his life. Didn't good old Ben give away a penalty against Villa when he was at Blues as well? Hmmmm.

Anyway, what do I know. You are clearly incapable of taking anyone else's view on board so I wouldn't worry about replying.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2582 on: January 07, 2016, 02:16:52 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their view - especially after 20 years of season tickets (respect!) However, I don't think you can suggest Foster supports the Villa and so throws matches against them!!! Before his injury lay off, he was in a bit of decline hence why his kicking was poor for a bit too but if you can only recall two big mistakes (Stoke and Villa) in the past few years, then he's done amazing! I recall him almost winning us points single handed-ly against Liverpool away, Swansea away and a few other matches along the way........

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2583 on: January 07, 2016, 02:45:26 PM »
Is this the same Ben Foster who ran round punching the air when Gardner scored the winner against Villa???

To call him a Villa sympathiser is laughable...my opinion of course.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2584 on: January 07, 2016, 02:55:38 PM »
Is this the same Ben Foster who ran round punching the air when Gardner scored the winner against Villa???

To call him a Villa sympathiser is laughable...my opinion of course.

Fair enough that's your opinion, it's a shame you have to call mine "laughable" but each to their own.

I remember watching the game in question, it wasn't just the mistake it was his overall performance from start to finish. Everyone has off days but on that day his was so, so bad that a Sunday League keeper would have been embarrassed by it. For an experienced, international, Premier League keeper like Foster to put in that kind of "performance", capped off by a rash (to put it kindly) foul in the area to gift Villa 3 precious points, was beyond an "off day" - it was borderline intentional.

If we are getting the Ben Foster of his first season with us when he returns from injury then fantastic, he WAS a very good keeper at this level. However, since then he has rapidly declined even before this injury and I suspect he is finished as a top keeper at this level. We shall see.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2585 on: January 07, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »
The club I say I support? I must have imagined the last twenty years I've been a season ticket holder and the countless away trips then.

It is my OPINION (everyone has one if you weren't aware) that Ben Foster was in rapid decline before that Villa game and needed to be dropped before conveniently (suspiciously in my OPINION) having the worst game of his life. Didn't good old Ben give away a penalty against Villa when he was at Blues as well? Hmmmm.

Anyway, what do I know. You are clearly incapable of taking anyone else's view on board so I wouldn't worry about replying.
Sorry its just I'm never sure if it's Albion or Chelsea with you.

Anyway an opinion on any player is fine but when you are suggesting he is a Villa sympathiser and threw the game then that is ridiculous, as is the tweet claim you made which you can't seem to back up?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:50:18 PM by Signor_Maresca »
"This crack is really moreish."

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2586 on: January 07, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
Fair enough that's your opinion, it's a shame you have to call mine "laughable" but each to their own.

I remember watching the game in question, it wasn't just the mistake it was his overall performance from start to finish. Everyone has off days but on that day his was so, so bad that a Sunday League keeper would have been embarrassed by it. For an experienced, international, Premier League keeper like Foster to put in that kind of "performance", capped off by a rash (to put it kindly) foul in the area to gift Villa 3 precious points, was beyond an "off day" - it was borderline intentional.

If we are getting the Ben Foster of his first season with us when he returns from injury then fantastic, he WAS a very good keeper at this level. However, since then he has rapidly declined even before this injury and I suspect he is finished as a top keeper at this level. We shall see.

Well I'm sorry but I think to suggest Foster is deliberately helping Villa out is laughable.

I was also at the game - Foster had a mare of the highest order, one of the worst displays I've seen in years! However, shockers happen! His dip in form came before his injury - for all we know, he could have been carrying that injury for a while. If that was the case, he should have been taken out of the firing line long before the Villa game...but I seriously don't buy into him helping Villa out on purpose!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2587 on: January 07, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
That ain't support borderline bullying someone who is quiet as hell I should know living in Warwick, he makes mistakes but can't fault how good overall he has been for us.

Disgusting mate it ain't like he's Berahino.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2588 on: January 07, 2016, 04:39:43 PM »
IMO, he had a mare against Vile.
and its true that his distribution had been dire for a while.

Do I rate Foster? - Yes he is a very good pro in my opinion, however, I think Dean Keiley going would have had an adverse effect on him though, as they seemed to be very close buddies.

Should he walk back into the side - no, Myhill has earned some loyalty IMO.

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2589 on: January 07, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »
IMO, he had a mare against Vile.
and its true that his distribution had been dire for a while.

Do I rate Foster? - Yes he is a very good pro in my opinion, however, I think Dean Keiley going would have had an adverse effect on him though, as they seemed to be very close buddies.

Should he walk back into the side - no, Myhill has earned some loyalty IMO.

I agree...as much as I rate Foster, it would send an awful message out if he walked straight back into the team...added to which he isn't fully fit and Myhill has had a solid season (barring a couple of questionable errors lately)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2590 on: January 07, 2016, 04:51:06 PM »
I agree...as much as I rate Foster, it would send an awful message out if he walked straight back into the team...added to which he isn't fully fit and Myhill has had a solid season (barring a couple of questionable errors lately)

Disagree, I think it's widely accepted by the squad and more importantly by Myhill, that Foster is number one.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2591 on: January 07, 2016, 04:55:03 PM »
Disagree, I think it's widely accepted by the squad and more importantly by Myhill, that Foster is number one.

I think the communication would improve between the back four and the keeper if Foster comes back in.

Those seemingly under rating Foster seem to be over rating the credentials of Myhill. He's a stop gap, and a number 2. No more than that.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2592 on: January 07, 2016, 05:07:19 PM »
if villa got 6 points for a win it wont help them now mate, anyway glad Fozzies back, best keeper we have and have had for a good few years!!

Would take The PIG over him every day of the week. Personally think he's better than Myhill but also don't think the latter deserves to be dropped anytime soon.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2593 on: January 07, 2016, 07:22:55 PM »
It's quite funny how Foster is perceived I work with a Barnsley fan a Leeds fan and a Blackpool fan and they all used to cringe if Foster got anywhere near the England side.
I have took a lot of stick over Foster and have always maintained he was a decent keeper but the truth is he's no better than Myhill.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2594 on: January 07, 2016, 07:32:38 PM »
It's quite funny how Foster is perceived I work with a Barnsley fan a Leeds fan and a Blackpool fan and they all used to cringe if Foster got anywhere near the England side.
I have took a lot of stick over Foster and have always maintained he was a decent keeper but the truth is he's no better than Myhill.

Well they'll have seen him play so much?!? Couldn't tell you the first choice keeper of any of those sides... I'll take watching him week in week out, than "perception". As to the "truth" well it's not is it, like mine it's just your opinion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2595 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:35 PM »
is his kicking being so rubbish down to his knee ? seems so

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2596 on: January 07, 2016, 08:19:02 PM »
I think the communication would improve between the back four and the keeper if Foster comes back in.

Those seemingly under rating Foster seem to be over rating the credentials of Myhill. He's a stop gap, and a number 2. No more than that.
I think it depends which Foster is on show. At his best he is top notch and clearly our best keeper. For 5 or 6 months before his injury though his form was very patchy...as well as the Villa game, he let another shot through and there were 2 or 3 occasions at least where he came for crosses and didn't get there (which is worse than not coming as it leaves an unguarded net behind him).
Myhill has definitely been no worse than Foster was in that period.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2597 on: January 09, 2016, 05:04:22 PM »
How did he play today?
Any good?
How was his distribution?
Any good at commanding his area?

PepeMel