Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 774609 times)

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Ben Foster
« Reply #2525 on: December 18, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
Agreed.

Myhill has been decent, but I can't stand that he sticks to his line so much. He could have stopped the Alli goal, and the Vardy one I think.

Fosters distribution is poor though, hopefully he can work on it.

Funnily enough The keeper at Norwich's distribution wasn't looking great at the weekend just gone.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2526 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »
Playing 45 mins in a behind closed doors friendly against Kidderminster today
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2527 on: January 05, 2016, 05:07:00 PM »
And may be involved on Saturday.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2528 on: January 05, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »
And may be involved on Saturday.

Pulis has come out and said that he has been training and has asked the medics on Fosters availability for Saturday.

Be good to have him back, doesn't say much for Lindergaard though
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2529 on: January 05, 2016, 05:36:10 PM »
Great to see him back at last.......
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2530 on: January 05, 2016, 05:40:25 PM »
Official facebook account has just shared a video of him making a decent save from a kiddy free-kick. It's only kiddy though...  ;D No, seriously, fingers crossed he's still as good.
Keep St.George in my heart.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2531 on: January 05, 2016, 05:50:56 PM »
Cannot wait to get Fozzie back in this team.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2532 on: January 05, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
Can't wait to have him back.

I've missed him kicking the ball out of play every five minutes..  ::)

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2533 on: January 05, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »
Hopefully the lengthy time out will have got him missing the game and determined to get back to his best....which is not where he was for some time before his injury.

It also showed that we can survive without him ....Myhill a very able deputy.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2534 on: January 05, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »
Always makes me smile how players always get better in supporters eyes when they are out injured!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2535 on: January 05, 2016, 06:59:40 PM »
He might make the team for the Villa match - oh dear :(
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2536 on: January 05, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
Always makes me smile how players always get better in supporters eyes when they are out injured!

Football fans have short and selective memories.  :P

For what it is worth, if he is truly over the injuries and can return to the player he was when he first arrived, then I think we have a cracking keeper. I believe his form before he was sidelined was impacted by the knocks that he was playing with but we shall see...
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2537 on: January 05, 2016, 08:02:18 PM »

Don't get this, Foster has always been one of our best players since we signed him, and was player of the year one year I believe, he was poor in his last game for us, unfortunately it was at Vile Park, but it was obvious he was carrying an injury. Agree with Liam, his kicking has room for improvement to say the least.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2538 on: January 05, 2016, 08:14:32 PM »
Not knocking him I'm a fan but before his injury lots of people were saying maybe he should have a rest and Myhill should have a run, he dropped a few clangers apart from Villa park and his kicking is dreadful. He was player of the year in his first year and was amazing but since then I don't think he's much better than Myhill. But since the injury he's somewhere between Neuer and Lloris apparently.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2539 on: January 05, 2016, 09:43:05 PM »
Not knocking him I'm a fan but before his injury lots of people were saying maybe he should have a rest and Myhill should have a run, he dropped a few clangers apart from Villa park and his kicking is dreadful. He was player of the year in his first year and was amazing but since then I don't think he's much better than Myhill. But since the injury he's somewhere between Neuer and Lloris apparently.

100% agree, he's not the demigod he's made out to be by some. On his day he's slightly better than Myhill, but there's not much in it - and his distribution is usually woeful. Sometimes I think he's playing with the wrong shape ball the way he kicks it into touch

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2540 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:51 PM »
He's miles better than Myhill. No slightly about it. Myhill dropped by Hull the season he played PL there and a number two ever since. If anything Myhill is the one being overrated.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2541 on: January 05, 2016, 09:59:56 PM »
Don't get this, Foster has always been one of our best players since we signed him, and was player of the year one year I believe, he was poor in his last game for us, unfortunately it was at Vile Park, but it was obvious he was carrying an injury. Agree with Liam, his kicking has room for improvement to say the least.

Am amazed that his kicking is as bad as it is.  Seems very 'coachable' to improve it!

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2542 on: January 05, 2016, 10:22:45 PM »
He's miles better than Myhill. No slightly about it. Myhill dropped by Hull the season he played PL there and a number two ever since. If anything Myhill is the one being overrated.

All about opinions isn't it? And they are quite divided on the subject of Foster

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2543 on: January 05, 2016, 10:25:47 PM »
100% agree, he's not the demigod he's made out to be by some. On his day he's slightly better than Myhill, but there's not much in it - and his distribution is usually woeful. Sometimes I think he's playing with the wrong shape ball the way he kicks it into touch

IMHO Foster is far superior to Myhill though Boaz has done a decent job as back up.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2544 on: January 05, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »
I totally agree with albionbest, big Ben has been one of our best keeper's ever,he will come back and give our defence the boost it needs at just the right time,for the final push home to I think  the next 14 points then I think we'll end up with around 54 points in total.   

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2545 on: January 05, 2016, 10:54:35 PM »
Would always go with Myhill, about the same at shotstopping, foster shades commanding area, but Myhill wets all over him at distribution.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2546 on: January 05, 2016, 11:02:56 PM »
Pulis has come out and said that he has been training and has asked the medics on Fosters availability for Saturday.

Be good to have him back, doesn't say much for Lindergaard though

Surely Lindegaard now has to be offloaded?   Either that or we sell Myhill and keep Lindegaard as number 2?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2547 on: January 05, 2016, 11:05:32 PM »
Would always go with Myhill, about the same at shotstopping, foster shades commanding area, but Myhill wets all over him at distribution.

I think Foster is far superior in terms of shot stopping ability and the same goes for command of his area. Distribution in terms of kicking Myhill wins hands down but Foster distributes the ball much better with throws than Myhill ever has done. For me Foster is the better keeper by a good way but I will take nothing away from Myhill he has been a very good stand in.

The interesting thing will be to see what happens with Lindegaard once Foster is fully back in the fold. Given the nature of the injury to Foster I wouldn't be too quick to offload him either way.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2548 on: January 05, 2016, 11:14:03 PM »
I'd say they're even at lots of things, with Myhill's distribution being slightly better.

However, the thing which swings it for Foster is that he'll come off his line, unlike Myhill who seems rooted there and has been caught out a few times. Myhill is a nice number 2 to have, but Foster is better in my view.
That being said, big injuries can and do take it out of players so it will be interesting to see if Foster shows any decline after such a big injury.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2549 on: January 05, 2016, 11:46:43 PM »
Welcome back Ben hopefully between the sticks very soon, undoubtedly our best keeper