Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718410 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #3475 on: June 12, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »
if hes appointed then i will renew my season ticket all being well by xmas

Ring Bilic, I'm sure he'll jump at the job knowing that.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3476 on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:29 AM »
I like Bilic and hope I'm wrong but don't think it's a good appointment.

Talk that he had lost the dressing room at West Ham and was a poor tactician.

Sacked again at Ittihad who were probably well backed with a poor win ratio.

Limited knowledge of the championship.

That's it then.

Bilic Out!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3477 on: June 12, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »
If it is Bilic, he (like anyone) will need serious backing during the huge rebuild. Even Pep would struggle with our current squad.

Got to be a positive if the club appoint someone who can rebuild us whilst trying to actually play football though. It's been years since we've had a team who could (and who were allowed) to do that..............

webral

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3478 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
How do you figure that? He's had loads of experience of english football.
Not in the championship with a small shopping budget.

I hope he does well. At least there should be some honest post game assessment.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3479 on: June 12, 2019, 10:25:23 AM »
The one good sign if it is Bilic will be he will have wanted reassurances from the board that he will have enough of a budget to build his own team.

He doesn't come across as a Yes man and from the outside it looks like an ambitious coup from the club to get him in.

You would argue Bilic and Bielsa are the two highest profile managers in the division.

Just hope he is given enough backing by the board to actually bring in some new faces and build his own team, and that goes for us fans aswell, this isn't going to be an easy job and we need to give the new man time.

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3480 on: June 12, 2019, 10:31:33 AM »
The one good sign if it is Bilic will be he will have wanted reassurances from the board that he will have enough of a budget to build his own team.

He doesn't come across as a Yes man and from the outside it looks like an ambitious coup from the club to get him in.

You would argue Bilic and Bielsa are the two highest profile managers in the division.

Just hope he is given enough backing by the board to actually bring in some new faces and build his own team, and that goes for us fans aswell, this isn't going to be an easy job and we need to give the new man time.

I raised this myself, he's not exactly a shrinking violet and I'd imagine in his Contract (if signed) he would have assurances regarding budget etc....

stever60

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3481 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Looks like we're going to be linked with every current and ex WHU player now.

i hope it is SB now and he has the backing to start a re-build that will enable us to at least challenge for promotion.
Don't call me Walt

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3482 on: June 12, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »
Not in the championship with a small shopping budget.

I hope he does well. At least there should be some honest post game assessment.

This is mega important. Post game assessment is vital and DM was not capable of this. It's one thing to publicly defend your players, but it's another to be constantly coming out with the same old "we'll pick the bones out of it" tripe.

We need a manager who will be honest and come out and say "today wasn't good enough" instead of "they worked aaaard" or "we'll learn from it".

Bilic will organise the team and won't take any rubbish off any one, players, board or fans.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3483 on: June 12, 2019, 11:04:20 AM »
I would be over the Moon with this appointment but not believing it until i see him holding the scarf.
Agree with others he must be given time to build and bring in his own brand of football.
I remember when Johnny Giles took over at the start of the 75 - 76 season we were bottom of the old Second Division in September.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3484 on: June 12, 2019, 11:25:19 AM »
The one bit of news which made me cautious yesterday was the whole 'the contract has been sent to the solicitors' thing.

Found that really bizarre and from memory I cant recall any other club releasing that type of information.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3485 on: June 12, 2019, 11:32:57 AM »
The one bit of news which made me cautious yesterday was the whole 'the contract has been sent to the solicitors' thing.

Found that really bizarre and from memory I cant recall any other club releasing that type of information.

It's a boring thing to say, but I would highly doubt any manager would sign a contract without his own legal advisors reviewing and accepting first. I can only imagine the small print on contacts worth a few million quid over a number of years (especially from Jenkins - bet he tries getting away with a lot!).

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3486 on: June 12, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »

Was that a little prompt to Wilder - "last chance." Not really keen on that game!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3487 on: June 12, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »

The club haven't released that information. It has come from Matt Wilson, Sky Sports and wherever they got it from, most probably an agent or a representative. If it came from the club it'd be quoted as such.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3488 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:15 AM »

Probably wants to make sure we haven't changed something since we spoke, for example changing from it £ to € as we "allegedly" did with a player a few years ago which saw him go elsewhere. Don't ask me who or exactly when as I genuinely cannot remember but remember the rumours hence my "allegedly"

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3489 on: June 12, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
Was that a little prompt to Wilder - "last chance." Not really keen on that game!
No. It meant that the draft contracts had been sent to the solicitors to look over to make sure that they were legally correct. Normal practice. Nothing underhand or suspicious.

dway

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3490 on: June 12, 2019, 11:56:33 AM »
Is there a Croatian theme here?
Bilic was born in Split same as Ivanisevic, where was Adrian Chiles mother born?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3491 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
No. It meant that the draft contracts had been sent to the solicitors to look over to make sure that they were legally correct. Normal practice. Nothing underhand or suspicious.
Slaven making sure he isn't getting screwed over by Jenkins, like him even more now. Looks like a bloke who won't take rubbish

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3492 on: June 12, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »
Is there a Croatian theme here?
Bilic was born in Split same as Ivanisevic, where was Adrian Chiles mother born?

That's next seasons last away game theme sorted then... dressing as Adrian Chiles' mum!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3493 on: June 12, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »
That's next seasons last away game theme sorted then... dressing as Adrian Chiles' mum!

Forget it, I ain't dressing up like a Japanese rear admiral for nobody

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3494 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:08 PM »
Ring Bilic, I'm sure he'll jump at the job knowing that.

;D ;D ;D I like it

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3495 on: June 12, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
Not sure what to think of appointing Billic - is he the man for a rebuild job in the Championship?

Hope it works out.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3496 on: June 12, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9279209/west-brom-slaven-bilic-boss-west-ham/

Bloody hell. If we're going to have to wait for back up staff to be confirmed we could be waiting another week.

The one good thing is at least he's talking the club up unlike some of our own fans and certain previous people holding important roles at the club.

I would, however, take this report with a pinch of salt. Why would the Sun know anything our own Matt Wilson, or Sky Sports or John Percy wouldn't?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:29:36 PM by Atomic »

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3497 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:20 PM »
Not sure what to think of appointing Billic - is he the man for a rebuild job in the Championship?

Hope it works out.

Out of all the available managers not currently tied with a club i would say majority of Albion fans can agree he is the leading candidate by quite some distance.

i just hope there is no where near as much negativity in the ground next season and we actually back Bilic in what he tries to do. it will take time.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3498 on: June 12, 2019, 03:11:23 PM »
Was really hoping/half expecting this to be done today.. really hope we can get Bilic signed asap. The longer this drags the worse I feel

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3499 on: June 12, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »
In other words he wants his own people and the club are trying to get the existing staff to be kept on.