Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 48149 times)

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

Re: Graeme Jones - Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2018, 12:04:03 PM »
Do you know what,forget talk carp graham,get on with training our players get them ready for Saturday

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2018, 12:21:53 PM »
Do you know what,forget talk carp graham,get on with training our players get them ready for Saturday
Maybe they’ve already trained or are on a day off.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2018, 12:38:43 PM »
Didn't say much, just that hes excited to get back in to day to day coaching after spending a lot of time scouting around Europe for Belgium (will we benefit from that?) and that our business isn't done yet as we've still got a bit to do.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »
Didn't say much, just that hes excited to get back in to day to day coaching after spending a lot of time scouting around Europe for Belgium (will we benefit from that?) and that our business isn't done yet as we've still got a bit to do.

"Belgian fringe players around europe" just hit top of google searches emanating from black country
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »

I feel we will as he would have noticed the quality of other nationalities playing with or against his targets, that’s what scouts do
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
'He's worth giving everything I've got'

An interview with our new Assistant Head Coach

Source: https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/august/hes-worth-giving-everything-ive-got/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2018, 08:33:18 PM »
Underlines what we've already seen from Darren to date, really looking forward to him shaping our future - "The Redeemer"

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
Underlines what we've already seen from Darren to date, really looking forward to him shaping our future - "The Redeemer"

The Redeemer; I like that and very apt.  Can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to the season this year.  We’re getting our club back.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2018, 11:07:50 PM »
The Redeemer; I like that and very apt.  Can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to the season this year.  We’re getting our club back.

Me too I just cannot wait for Saturday. For once PLEASE Albion don't naughty word things up.

Can't remember the last time I looked forward to a season like this.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
"Hopefully we can introduce a different brand of football, obviously still paying attention to defending well but playing expansive football" Oh for the Ossie Ardiles days!  ;D

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
"Hopefully we can introduce a different brand of football, obviously still paying attention to defending well but playing expansive football"
I'm very pleased to see Graeme say this, as Darren had been vague about it previously, saying that we would play expansive/attacking football "when needed". I now feel more confident that we won't be Pulis-like in our approach and I'll be delighted if that's the case.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2018, 11:47:59 PM »
Been a steadying addition for Dave,this attacking policy is no coincidence is it?
Just thinking have we appointed a club doctor yet?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2018, 12:18:53 AM »
Been a steadying addition for Dave,this attacking policy is no coincidence is it?
Just thinking have we appointed a club doctor yet?
according to the club directory, it’s someone called Julian Widdowson. From a quick google, he’s attached to a bunch of hospitals and has worked with many other sports and athletes over several decades up to Olympic level.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2018, 07:48:12 AM »
Thanks wb,for that info'.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »
Could he be our own Peter Taylor, the perfect foil for Darren Moore's Brian Clough>

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2018, 09:06:00 AM »
loved this:

“Culturally, I know what's gone on here for the last four or five years. In order to move forward we can't play that way any more. We're West Bromwich Albion, one of the best, if not the biggest side in the Championship.

“We need to move forward, we need a different style, different shape, in order to win football matches, because you only get promoted winning football matches.

“I ask them to be patient, because it's a new culture that's arriving at the club, and try to support that.

“Did Wolves get 100 points last year? 99. You have to score goals and win football matches. Draws are sometimes good results in the Premier League, in the Championship they're not.”

Perfect attitude and with Big Dave that will certainly rub off on the lads.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2018, 09:11:52 AM »
what a blessing and a breath of fresh air. god i hope he helps turn Mr Negative over on Friday
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2018, 09:13:53 AM »
Bloody hell someone at the Albion actually talking the club up? Well it's been a long time coming, Paul Thompson I think was the last one.

A refreshing and hugely overdue attitude and that sort of attitude gets into peoples subconscious.

We'll be building a decent stand to replace the Halfords next ..................  :)

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2018, 09:34:37 AM »
Love his attitude and his connection with Big Dave we may actually have stumbled on the right management team and one that will play how we the fans want them to play, for the first time in a long time i am looking forward to the season and hopefully many more.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
If a person believes in what he is saying & his actions back them up it WILL rub off on people around him, backed up by bringing in players fitting the philosophy i only see a bright future him & the club.
Thanks Darren it took a long time to get Graeme in but it was worth it.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »
Thanks Darren it took a long time to get Graeme in but it was worth it.
To be fair to DM, it appears he had sorted the deal some time ago. Moore had urged GJ to take a holiday before the formalities were sorted out.
Having seen the way this guy conducts himself and communicates his views, it may calm the those who talk about Darren Moore being out of his depth and inarticulate.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:54:56 AM by MarkW »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2018, 11:03:22 AM »
To be fair to DM, it appears he had sorted the deal some time ago. Moore had urged GJ to take a holiday before the formalities were sorted out.
Having seen the way this guy conducts himself and communicates his views, it may calm the pant wetters who talk about Darren Moore being out of his depth and inarticulate.

I really wouldn't bank on it  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:39 AM »
You form your views based on evidence to hand. Some unease about Moore getting the job was reasonable - if Moore and Jones had been unveiled as a double act at the start there would have been more positivity as it would have hinted at the change of playing style that most wanted.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:55:19 AM by MarkW »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill