Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2348556 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5700 on: January 04, 2019, 07:56:20 AM »
If this was even remotely correct how do Wolves' owners continue to plough multi millions into their quest for world domination (but don't tell Huddersfield & Palace!)?

FOSUN have money all over the world not just in China

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5701 on: January 11, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
The (inevitable) departure of Harvey Barnes is a pivotal moment for the future of our club. Now is the time for Lai and the board to show us some intent of their ambition...and go all out to buy Dack.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5702 on: January 11, 2019, 01:29:30 PM »
The (inevitable) departure of Harvey Barnes is a pivotal moment for the future of our club. Now is the time for Lai and the board to show us some intent of their ambition...and go all out to buy Dack.

Lai has little money, and needs the club to be self sufficient. Jenkins has been bought in to balance the books, and we still need an overdraft. The bids for Dack and Tavernier were only to make it look like the club was serious and had ambition. We won't be signing anybody permanently this window unless they are on a free.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5703 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:29 PM »
Lai has little money, and needs the club to be self sufficient. Jenkins has been bought in to balance the books, and we still need an overdraft. The bids for Dack and Tavernier were only to make it look like the club was serious and had ambition. We won't be signing anybody permanently this window unless they are on a free.

Quite. Sad but true...that's why I said 'pivotal moment'. Despite the recent upturn in belief and anticipation levels from our fans we're now in danger of becoming just another mid-table championship club for a long time to come.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5704 on: January 11, 2019, 01:55:39 PM »

I agree with most of that although I don’t think any Dack bid even happened so I don’t buy the low ball bid to appease fans conspiracy.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5705 on: January 11, 2019, 02:08:18 PM »
If Dack leaves Blackburn, it will be for a Premier League Club, similarly Jarrod Bowen. I really don’t believe we have a cat in hells chance of signing anyone more promising than Harper. Don’t forget Field, Edwards and Leko, time to see if they can step up. As for the esteemed Mr Lai, I made my feelings towards him very clear some time ago, my opinion has not changed and I see no evidence to suggest that he will take any action to make me, and most others, to change our minds.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5706 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:34 PM »
I agree with most of that although I don’t think any Dack bid even happened so I don’t buy the low ball bid to appease fans conspiracy.

Looks as though it did

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7146871/west-brom-fail-15m-bid-leicester-city-bradley-dack-blackburn/
MAGA!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5707 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:20 PM »

I thought Lai headed up a consortium with serious money ?
Plus, how do you know he has no money? You don’t buy s major club without putting some initial investment in both on and off the pitch ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5708 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
If Dack leaves Blackburn, it will be for a Premier League Club, similarly Jarrod Bowen. I really don’t believe we have a cat in hells chance of signing anyone more promising than Harper. Don’t forget Field, Edwards and Leko, time to see if they can step up. As for the esteemed Mr Lai, I made my feelings towards him very clear some time ago, my opinion has not changed and I see no evidence to suggest that he will take any action to make me, and most others, to change our minds.

Field and Leko seem to have gone backwards and not the standard needed for a top Championship/ lower Prem team ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5709 on: January 11, 2019, 06:45:31 PM »
I should think the man is very rich, but it’s probably on paper. Plus he cannot get money out of China, not that I understand it

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5710 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:50 PM »
It’s sickening to lose Barnes however the true test his how we (Mr Lai) respond. For the obvious blow this inflicts on the quality of our current best 11, this is nothing compared to the pressure now on the ‘management’ of our club. We have lost a diamond, but is the club looking for another diamond or some ‘cut glass’ to fill the void. Mr Lai is about to be ‘found out’ and exposed on every level. From his ambition/commitment and passion for WBA and demonstrate if he wants this season to ultimately conclude with success.

We were already 2/3 quality additions short of promotion. Let’s see if Mr Lai was more interested in equity and assets...or if he has a genuine desire to take this clear opportunity to gain promotion by the scruff of the neck.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 07:04:39 PM by sconesy »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5711 on: January 11, 2019, 07:47:48 PM »
If we don't go up this year I'd say he can wave good bye to the money he invested

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5712 on: January 12, 2019, 03:50:07 AM »
If we don't go up this year I'd say he can wave good bye to the money he invested

Let’s pray we do go up and he sees it as an ideal chance to ‘get rid’ and he has already sounded out potential new buyers - we all live in hope!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5713 on: January 12, 2019, 06:19:04 PM »
Imo, he'll never get the reported £200m he paid back, Premier league or not.

He overpaid substantially any diligent purchaser would know that. So question is how big a loss will he accept.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5714 on: January 12, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »
I should think the man is very rich, but it’s probably on paper. Plus he cannot get money out of China, not that I understand it

I would not believe that cannot get money out of China bull

Doesn't stop other Chinese clubs trying to buy Arnoutvic from West Ham with a bid of £35m and £21m in wages.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5715 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:59 PM »

Doesn't stop other Chinese clubs trying to buy Arnoutvic from West Ham with a bid of £35m and £21m in wages.

That would make Arnautovic a Chinese asset. Not remotely the same.

Lai is wealthy, there is no way with no previous experience he would spend ALL of his money on us.

Every report states he's worth £2.5 Billion.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5716 on: January 12, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »

How can you be so ill informed on World Affairs, this isn’t something made up for a conspiracy against the Albion it’s a major thing for Chinese investors that a every article for about 4 pages on Google can tell you with a little search.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5717 on: January 12, 2019, 07:43:54 PM »

That would make Arnautovic a Chinese asset. Not remotely the same.

Lai is wealthy, there is no way with no previous experience he would spend ALL of his money on us.

Every report states he's worth £2.5 Billion.

It's money leaving China to West Ham.

We're a Chinese asset.

It is bull that the Chinese cannot get their money out of China. They are encouraged to buy foreign businesses and take the anticipated profits back to China. That requires further investment in some cases so why would the Chinese government stop that investment after promoting it to get the aforementioned profits.

Anybody can say whatever lai is worth, we will never know the truth.

Chinese own wolves and Ac Milan amongst other clubs, their owners get their money out.

Truth is there was a lot of cheap (low interest) money in China that has dried up with their downturn and trade war with the USA.

We know nothing in relation to how leveraged lai's businesses are, but I would it would be quite high.

I don't think his Wba themed eco houses are doing too great since our relaxation and with their downturn.

£2.5bn and mears on a short term, says it all about lai really.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5718 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:09 PM »

We're a Chinese asset.

It is bull that the Chinese cannot get their money out of China. They are encouraged to buy foreign businesses and take the anticipated profits back to China. That requires further investment in some cases so why would the Chinese government stop that investment after promoting it to get the aforementioned profits.

Chinese own wolves and Ac Milan amongst other clubs, their owners get their money out.

Truth is there was a lot of cheap (low interest) money in China that has dried up with their downturn and trade war with the USA.

We know nothing in relation to how leveraged lai's businesses are, but I would it would be quite high.

I don't think his Wba themed eco houses are doing too great since our relaxation and with their downturn.

What? The difference is Marko will go over to China and play football. If we played in the Chinese Super League Lai could spend what he wants... Lai injecting cash into Albion will provide China with sweet FA.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5719 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »

What? The difference is Marko will go over to China and play football. If we played in the Chinese Super League Lai could spend what he wants... Lai injecting cash into Albion will provide China with sweet FA.

His business (us) was supposed to produce the profits which were shown to him in previous years and for him to take those profits back to China.

The Chinese have nothing to gain seeing their entrepreneurs buying business abroad and then killing those business with under investment.

Truth is more likely he has borrowed at low rates and is now suffering and is cash poor, despite whatever is reported about his worth the guy actions speak louder than words.

The dingles managed to get their £13m out to buy costa then another £15m the year after for neves.

You can't get money out of China if you haven't got any.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5720 on: January 12, 2019, 08:05:18 PM »
He makes a good point though, we are a Chinese owned company. You invest money into a Chinese owned company and it exceeds, then the Chinese company gets the profits. Is that really investing funds overseas when the money doesn’t actually, in real-ty leave home?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:12:45 PM by robbo_wba »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5721 on: January 12, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »
His business (us) was supposed to produce the profits which were shown to him in previous years and for him to take those profits back to China.

The Chinese have nothing to gain seeing their entrepreneurs buying business abroad and then killing those business with under investment.

Truth is more likely he has borrowed at low rates and is now suffering and is cash poor, despite whatever is reported about his worth the guy actions speak louder than words.

The dingles managed to get their £13m out to buy costa then another £15m the year after for neves.

You can't get money out of China if you haven't got any.

Dingles a different case altogether. Fosun have huge cash reserves outside of China and weren’t reliant on getting it out to fund Wolves

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5722 on: January 12, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »

We're a Chinese asset.

It isn’t “bull” at all.  There was a period of a couple of years ago when Chinese exchange control restrictions were virtually non-existent and then the government reintroduced them.  Lai’s timing was very unfortunate.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5723 on: January 12, 2019, 08:23:47 PM »
Dingles a different case altogether. Fosun have huge cash reserves outside of China and weren’t reliant on getting it out to fund Wolves

The question remains why would the Chinese government strangle the businesses of their entrepreneurs after encouraging them to invest abroad?

If Lai has the money and desire to invest nobody could stop him as the Chinese government aren't idiots who would see him just throw £200m away.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5724 on: January 12, 2019, 10:17:50 PM »
I'd be really interested to see a paper on how anybody made a profit from an English Football club.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?