Author Topic: 1 Jan 2019 Blackburn 2 Albion 1  (Read 37074 times)

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: January 01, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »
How very grown up of you... go to every game or you cannot possibly offer a valid opinion.

Watched the entire game, saw it all, you do actually get a better view watching it through a TV camera in fairness  ;)

I guarantee I was closer to the action than you and see things that the cameras who tend to follow the ball do not.

It seems you don't accept critiscm as shown by your reply, did you get that from kindergarten when you left last year. Thanks for leaving the mature comments to the grown ups ;D
 ;D

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »
Ask Stoke or Swansea (or Hull, Sunderland, Boro) fans how the transition from prem to championship and winning the league on the bounce is going. Having financial clout counts for nothing when rebuilding and refocusing a team. Something which Darren has done superbly.

Forgot other teams.  We resisted bids for JRod, Dawson amongst others in the Summer.  Credit to Jenkins for that.  He has put Moore in a healthy state for promotion. 

The other clubs probably had a fire sale on relegation.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
I guarantee I was closer to the action than you and see things that the cameras who tend to follow the ball do not.

It seems you don't accept critiscm as shown by your reply, did you get that from kindergarten when you left last year. Thanks for leaving the mature comments to the grown ups ;D
 ;D

#cringe.

No issue with criticism, just not sure what the criticism is supposed to be. Having a different opinion to some? Having the audacity to voice my opinion? I have no issue with people disagreeing with my opinion, all I expect with any opinion is that people articulate it. Your two posts in my direction have articulated precisely nothing.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2019, 09:00:44 PM »
How about the pair of you cut the childish stuff out and start commenting like the grown ups you are supposed to be ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
Shambolic defending cost us today. Why Bartley felt the need to give an entirely avoidable corner away before his non-attempt at getting close to Dack before his goal is beyond me; Hegazi is 100x the defender this impostor is. Honourable mentions to Johnstone and Gibbs for contributing to both goals by the way.

I actually thought we were the better team with Phillips and Barry our standout performers, as usual.

As for the Blackburn 'fans' - shocking. Apart from the 20 or so to our left, the rest of the stadium should hang their heads in shame.

All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
Today highlights how blunt we are without Gayle. It shows Hegazi is a huge player for us. Shows we really lack in midfield (Barnes and Phillips being relied on too much are jaded). Our bench is very weak and sako still can't get game time. We still have deadwood taking up funds and places. Wish the manager would give the kids a go.

We haven't lost ground on Leeds. Norwich game biggest of season and probably defines if we have a chance for automatic or if we are destined for playoffs
O Albion we love you

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2019, 10:16:55 PM »
Today was definitely a disappointing result and to be honest I was expecting it.

One of the few times I didn’t stay up to 2am and follow the game, just had this thought we’d be up against it.

It’s been a tough schedule and when you look back at it, to only lose one game is admirable.

But going forward we have some issues. Gayle and Hegazi injured, Livermore suspended, Barnes out of form and by all reports about to be recalled, an aging midfield and youngsters who aren’t quite up to it.

When you put all that together it’s a bit of a miracle that we’re only three points away from the automatic promotion places. Swansea and Stoke are really struggling so compared to them we’re doing ok.

Is Darren Moore the answer? I honestly don’t know the answer to that question.

A lot of people on here continually give him grief but don’t make any suggestions on who replaces him. I think he deserves to see out the season and see where we finish. If we don’t make the play offs, there’s always next season. It’s always a tough ask to bounce back to the PL.

And again to be honest, if we did get promoted, there’s a good chance we’re going to get relegated again.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2019, 10:21:02 PM »
disappointing result considering how the top 2 got on.we were very lethargic first 45 and conceded a goal that really shouldn't be seen at this level. second half we should have equalised with Gibbs missing a great chance. the subs i don't get at all, they didn't alter the game in our favour in fact I think it slowed us down.
it's a team game and several players were poor today
Bartley a shadow of the player at Leeds last season.
HRK, I ain't a pro footballer or coach but he must be so easy to defend against. he tries the same thing over and over again, just gets his back to goal and tries to spin away but he's not quick enough so coach him to do something that contributes to the team.
Johnstone, bloke scares me every time the balls played to him.
Brunt yet again ends up in CM, how many times does it have to fail to get it.
IF Barnes gets recalled and Gayle is side lined for a length of time I think we'd struggle to make the play offs.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2019, 12:20:12 AM »
disappointing result considering how the top 2 got on.we were very lethargic first 45 and conceded a goal that really shouldn't be seen at this level. second half we should have equalised with Gibbs missing a great chance. the subs i don't get at all, they didn't alter the game in our favour in fact I think it slowed us down.
it's a team game and several players were poor today
Bartley a shadow of the player at Leeds last season.
HRK, I ain't a pro footballer or coach but he must be so easy to defend against. he tries the same thing over and over again, just gets his back to goal and tries to spin away but he's not quick enough so coach him to do something that contributes to the team.
Johnstone, bloke scares me every time the balls played to him.
Brunt yet again ends up in CM, how many times does it have to fail to get it.
IF Barnes gets recalled and Gayle is side lined for a length of time I think we'd struggle to make the play offs.

You could pick just about any team in the league and say if they lost 2 of their best 3 or 4 players they would struggle. If Sharp at Sheffield Utd, Wilson at Derby, Pukki at Norwich, Grealish at Villa (see how their results have slipped with his injury) and Roofe at Leeds were to get injured it would be a devastating blow to their promotion hopes. All are in the same boat as us in that regard.

Philips is our best all round attacking player anyway!

Bartley, HRK and Brunt are bench players and  I'm guessing we'll be seeing even less of them after a few more signings are made this month.

Johnstone is as good as any keeper in the league.

Today was a disappointment but I half expected a Blackburn response to their recent run of form. There are no easy games in this league especially away from home and our run had to come to an end at some point. What's important now is how the team respond against Norwich.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2019, 04:36:31 AM »
Great oppprtunity lost over last couple of games to be in the vanguard of the division Norwich have struggled to Produce a consistent run of results Leeds have been getting a way with it for the last few games finally losing 2 on the bounce and here we are unable to take advantage by dropping points ourselves we know there is no consistent team in the division so if you want auto pro then you must keep the consistency going the most worrying thing to me is that when Gayle is out Barnes struggles to be involved and all of a sudden we look mid table the club must get 2 or 3 quality players in especially midfield holgate reasonable r b  or central defender is a start but we must keep in that top 3 or 4 front runners because this will go to the wire

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2019, 08:44:12 AM »
Ok I've waited till this morning to post so I'm not making emotive points. I didn't see the game just the highlights on Quest so I'll comment on what I did see.

Their first goal - What the hell is Johnstone doing? I'm sorry but that corner just cannot go in. Awful goalkeeping.

Their second goal - superbly taken by Dack to be fair. Their boy Armstrong should've been stopped on the touchline though. Take the yellow card if you have to but that attack has to be stopped there. After that Bartley chases back but instead of forming a barrier or making Dack rush his shot he backs of practically onto Johnstones lap. Ridiculous defending.

Red card- stupid from Livermore and not the first time he's done that. However, it shouldn't be a red. It wasn't a punch, more of a throw. A yellow would've been justified. The Blackburn player lying on the floor holding his face looks a right tit.

Poor result and not the best of performances from what I understand but not the end of the world. We pick ourselves up and prepare for our next game.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:13 AM »
Ok I've waited till this morning to post so I'm not making emotive points. I didn't see the game just the highlights on Quest so I'll comment on what I did see.

Their first goal - What the hell is Johnstone doing? I'm sorry but that corner just cannot go in. Awful goalkeeping.

Their second goal - superbly taken by Dack to be fair. Their boy Armstrong should've been stopped on the touchline though. Take the yellow card if you have to but that attack has to be stopped there. After that Bartley chases back but instead of forming a barrier or making Dack rush his shot he backs of practically onto Johnstones lap. Ridiculous defending.

Red card- stupid from Livermore and not the first time he's done that. However, it shouldn't be a red. It wasn't a punch, more of a throw. A yellow would've been justified. The Blackburn player lying on the floor holding his face looks a right tit.

Poor result and not the best of performances from what I understand but not the end of the world. We pick ourselves up and prepare for our next game.

I thought he was fouled and bundled into the back of the net by two Blaclburn players.

I agree with your analysis of the 2nd goal terrible defending. He got back and gave him so much space effectively blocking the goal keepers view.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2019, 10:45:37 AM »
Very lacklustre first half, looked like the players had been up til 3am celebrating.

Better in the 2nd half once we'd gone behind. I haven't seen any highlights yet but the 1st goal looked like a foul on Johnstone but hard to tell from the other end of the ground, 2nd goal should have been stopped we needed someone to take a booking for the team.

Substitutions didn't really add anything to the game and I would have brought Sako on once Phillips had gone to right back or put Dawson at right back and moved either Barry or Livermore into the back four. I'd have taken HRK off instead of Rodriguez.

The red card looked justified to me but as I say I haven't seen any highlights yet.

Thought the ref was shocking, as bad as he was when we played at Sheff Wed,every time one of theirs went down he gave a foul. It's as if he's trying to prove that although he's registered as being from the West Midlands he won't allow any chance of him being called biased.

We missed the chance to go second but are still well in with a chance of automatic promotion if we can get back to winning ways.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2019, 11:12:55 AM »
I've seen trucks with trailers turn in smaller spaces than Bartley needed for the second, only thing that surprised me was that he didn't fall on his backside, would have completed the comedy sketch.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2019, 02:50:16 PM »
Having seen the red card incident I'm surprised so many think it was justified, as it looks very harsh to me. The Blackburn player barges Livermore after the ref has blown for a foul, Livermore then tugs the players shirt in response, with the player more or less then throwing himself to the floor and writhing around. The Blackburn player was at least as culpable for 'violent conduct' as Livermore for his initial barge. Both perhaps should have been booked.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
I've seen trucks with trailers turn in smaller spaces than Bartley needed for the second, only thing that surprised me was that he didn't fall on his backside, would have completed the comedy sketch.

Not sure about the tight spaces part but if it's a competition then I've seen milk turn quicker than he did for the second  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2019, 06:24:19 PM »
Having seen the red card incident I'm surprised so many think it was justified, as it looks very harsh to me. The Blackburn player barges Livermore after the ref has blown for a foul, Livermore then tugs the players shirt in response, with the player more or less then throwing himself to the floor and writhing around. The Blackburn player was at least as culpable for 'violent conduct' as Livermore for his initial barge. Both perhaps should have been booked.
I hear we're not appealing it, and to be honest I don't think they'd rescind it, it looks so stupid and petulant, even if the Blackburn player made a meal of it.  The funny thing, is if it had been an on the ball tussle he might have got away with a yellow, but as it was off the ball it seems a much worse offence.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2019, 10:34:00 AM »
Gave the old age pensioners a run bless and don't forget the Sunday league centre halve. Moore again costing us points with his team selection and BAFFIING use of bench.

What would you have done with the side then?

I see you criticise - but you never put forward your suggestion

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom