Poll

Who will be the next West Brom manager? *FINAL VOTE*

Ralf Rangnick
Chris Hughton
Andre Villas-Boas
Ray Wilkins
Michael Appleton

Author Topic: Next Manager  (Read 1276487 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Next Manager
« Reply #3325 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a supporter of Ralf Rangnick's former club Hannover 96. I can only congratulate you of getting this excellent manager (if he finally comes to West Bromwich). He is one of the best managers in Germany with a modern football philosophy. Moreover, half of the Bundesliga would be glad to have him as a manager, thus, he has a high reputation. He often stated that he would like to join the Premier League and now it looks like he can do so.

I am pretty excited how this story is going to develop. If you have any deeper questions regarding Ralf Rangnick I am trying to answer them.

Kind regards

Welcome, are there any clubs in the Bundesliga who need a coach that might make him an offer thus wrecking our chances of signing him?
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3326 on: June 02, 2012, 11:23:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a supporter of Ralf Rangnick's former club Hannover 96. I can only congratulate you of getting this excellent manager (if he finally comes to West Bromwich). He is one of the best managers in Germany with a modern football philosophy. Moreover, half of the Bundesliga would be glad to have him as a manager, thus, he has a high reputation. He often stated that he would like to join the Premier League and now it looks like he can do so.

I am pretty excited how this story is going to develop. If you have any deeper questions regarding Ralf Rangnick I am trying to answer them.

Kind regards

Welcome aboard mate.

Most of us seem pretty excited about this appointment and I for one really hope it comes off.

Unfortunately (for the reason of news only!) We have a 4 day weekend this weekend for the Queen's diamond (60 years) jubilee so news on this side of the channel will be slow to break with everyone on holiday. So please keep us informed on anything that comes out in Germany. Cheers.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3327 on: June 02, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
You can still get even money on RR with Paddy Power. Bookies are no fools and wouldn't offer such generous odds if it was a done deal.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3328 on: June 02, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
You can still get even money on RR with Paddy Power. Bookies are no fools and wouldn't offer such generous odds if it was a done deal.

Odds on with all other bookies though. But the market changes so quickly and is twitchy to small ammounts of money being placed it's not really a good indicator, as we've seen recently.

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3329 on: June 02, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
Hi Hannover, thanks for your interest in West Brom,what are your opinions on the possibility of this appointment and the general consensus of the German press, and is it deemed very likely to happen.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 11:38:12 AM by apple »

JBullyWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3330 on: June 02, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
Never trust a bookie. The amount the odds have fluctuated just shows how little they actually know. I've given up!

hannover96

« Reply #3331 on: June 02, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Guten Morgan, Ich Heibe (not got that funny s/b button) Liam  :D

Welcome to the board and thank you for that insightful post. If he so highly rated in Germany, has he never been considered for their national team? And what are the chances he would leave, if Joachim Loew left after these upcoming Euro's?

Danke. Auf Wierdersehn.

Guten Morgen, ;)

even he is highly rated in Germany, there were no considerations that he could manage the national team (of course some newspaper debated his name, but these were more speculations), because since 2006 (after the Jürgen Klinsman era) Joachim Löw is doing quite well. Consequently, there was no need to talk about this option. Especially, if you consider today's statement of the DFB (German Football Association) that Löw will stay even if Germany screw up during the European Championship.

But there is one name often discussed, who could follow after Löw: It is Jürgen Klopp (Manager of our league winner Borussia Dortmund).

Nevertheless, for me "Ralf Rangnick" was the inventor of this new German football philosophy, which is followed (of course every manager has his own style) by some young football managers today. In earlier days, he got the moniker "football professor", due to his meticulous working style.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3332 on: June 02, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »
The more i hear about Ralf the more excited i become about the possibility of him being our head coach....I just hope come next week im not bitterly dissapointed!

hannover96

« Reply #3333 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
Welcome, are there any clubs in the Bundesliga who need a coach that might make him an offer thus wrecking our chances of signing him?

There are some clubs, but most "top-clubs" have already their manager. Bayern München, Dortmund, Schalke, Hamburg, Wolfsburg etc. The only top club, which has no real manager is Bayer Leverkusen. But, Leverkusen said that they want to go in the next season with the current inexperienced manager. Hence, Ralf Rangnick has to wait if he wants to obtain a job at a top club.

Nonetheless, it often was Rangnick's dream to go in the Premier League, therefore I could also imagine that he would refuse a "Bundesliga top club offer", if he has the chance to go in the PL.

sooty2

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3334 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
on sky sports germany at the bottom off the screen running across like it does on sky UK watching it now

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3335 on: June 02, 2012, 12:02:31 PM »
on sky sports germany at the bottom off the screen running across like it does on sky UK watching it now

Whats running across???

hannover96

« Reply #3336 on: June 02, 2012, 12:08:45 PM »
Hi Hannover, thanks for your interest in West Brom,what are your opinions on the possibility of this appointment and the general consensus of the German press, and is it deemed very likely to happen.

I also cannot see into the future, therefore I would rely on the recent quote of the Stern:

Rangnicks Agent said:

Laut Rangnicks Berater Oliver Mintzlaff gibt es aber bislang keinen Vollzug. «Ich kann lediglich bestätigen, dass es Gespräche gab, eine Entscheidung steht noch aus», sagte er. http://www.stern.de/sport/fussball/rangnick-soll-trainer-bei-west-bromwich-werden-1835576.html

Oliver Mintzlaff: "I can only confirm, that there have been talks, but no decision has been made yet"

In my opinion the HAZ (my home town newspaper  :D ) was too fast in announcing a fixed transfer, but in general their press reputation is high. So the Stern statement looks like the most recent.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:13:28 PM by hannover96 »

sooty2

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3337 on: June 02, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
about Ralf joining the baggies i can pick up sky germany on my TV just put it on and it was running across the bottom off sky sports germany

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3338 on: June 02, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »
I also cannot see into the future, therefore I would rely on the recent quote of the Spiegel:

In my opinion the HAZ (my home town newspaper  :D ) was too fast in announcing a fixed transfer, but in general their press reputation is high. So the Spiegel statement looks like the most recent.

I understood from my German language teacher that the Hannover dialect is the purest in Germany, the equivalent to "Oxford" English and that you consume the most tea per head in Germany. 
So Ralf will be at home with the tea, however he may have a problem with our  local dialect ;)

albionproud70

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3339 on: June 02, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

Kind regards
Wilkommen auf dem brett.
Entschuldigen sie miene schlechte Deutsch ich versuche die sprache zu lernen.
Ich habe schon lange bewundert Deutschen Fussball.
Rangnick wurde excel bei West Brom.
Hoffentlich entscheident sich unser trainer sein.
(Basically welcomed the chap to the board ,and having watched German football in the past stated i though Rangnick would excell here if he comes and hope he does)

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3340 on: June 02, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »
I think we're finally reaching the end of the next manager saga. If the German media are confident enough to run the story I suspect it might be true. Just need to wait the three days it will take the OS to confirm it now.

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3341 on: June 02, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
Its all over Twitter, well the German side that he's agreed to take over.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3342 on: June 02, 2012, 12:27:48 PM »
I think we're finally reaching the end of the next manager saga. If the German media are confident enough to run the story I suspect it might be true. Just need to wait the three days it will take the OS to confirm it now.

3 days? You're joking.

We've got a four day weekend, add the usual 3 days that takes us to Saturday at the earliest but that's the weekend so expect the press conference at 2 o'clock a week on Monday!

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3343 on: June 02, 2012, 12:31:19 PM »
We can thank our Royal Family for our manager not being announced today then  :P

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3344 on: June 02, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
3 days? You're joking.

We've got a four day weekend, add the usual 3 days that takes us to Saturday at the earliest but that's the weekend so expect the press conference at 2 o'clock a week on Monday!

Your right early July announcement then :D

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3345 on: June 02, 2012, 12:33:06 PM »
What's the  latest? Is Rangnick finally ours?!

Someone confirm it's killing me!

hannover96

« Reply #3346 on: June 02, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »

Basically, I guess all the media running this announcement refer to the HAZ. Therefore, if the HAZ statement is not true, the rest is neither true. ;)

Wilkommen auf dem brett.
Entschuldigen sie miene schlechte Deutsch ich versuche die sprache zu lernen.
Ich habe schon lange bewundert Deutschen Fussball.
Rangnick wurde excel bei West Brom.
Hoffentlich entscheident sich unser trainer sein.
(Basically welcomed the chap to the board ,and having watched German football in the past stated i though Rangnick would excell here if he comes and hope he does)

Thank you for your warm welcome. I appreciate this.

I understood from my German language teacher that the Hannover dialect is the purest in Germany, the equivalent to "Oxford" English and that you consume the most tea per head in Germany. 
So Ralf will be at home with the tea, however he may have a problem with our  local dialect ;)

I did know that we talk the purest dialect (and even if you do not know it, you will realize it pretty soon, especially if you talk to the southern Bavarians  ;) ), but I did not know that the tea consumption here is the highest in Germany. Learning never stops. :D

JimWBA

« Reply #3347 on: June 02, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
By googling 'Ralf Rangnick' and changing the search filter to most recent, there seems to be a lot of talk on German Forums and Twitter accounts. Nothing Official as of yet but looks promising!

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ralf+rangnick&hl=en&tbo=1&output=search&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:h&sa=X&ei=WvrJT5D9J4fE0QX6-simAQ&ved=0CAcQpwUoAQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=209b33b240045ae3&biw=1280&bih=687

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3348 on: June 02, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »
Odds really shortening on Skybet. Do they know something?  :o

1/4

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3349 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »
Odds really shortening on Skybet. Do they know something?  :o

1/4