Author Topic: ticket prices- should we drop them more often  (Read 4581 times)

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

ticket prices- should we drop them more often
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:02:13 PM »
The atmosphere today was great on both sides.  This was much helped by the full house, which in these difficult times we can only get if the prices are reasonable.  I am a season ticket holder and I do take the point that there has to be some reason to buy an ST.  But personally I would tolerate lower prices to fill the seats (particularly for under 16s, pensioners and armed services personnel.  What do you think?

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: ticket prices- should we drop them more often
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
It does prove that if the tickets are priced low enough we dont have a problem filling the stadium.  I think the same applies to other clubs up and down the country.  Football needs to wake up.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 09:10:07 PM »
They should do really, because in the Prem ticket revenue is a minute part of a clubs income.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Good Topic, i think so with the way people struggle for money.At least S/T holders still get tickets and their chosen seat but i do understand some may not be happy about paying up in advance then prices get lowered.With todays and the Wigan game coming up families can return to football for less than £50 quid for 4 ,theres a real market there for the Albion to exploit.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Rich99

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
For a football game today, a lower table side,  I'd say £13-25 for most fans would be a fair price, full stop.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:52:41 PM by Rich99 »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:50:07 PM »
Yeah absolutely, I will keep my ST no matter what but we need a full house every game or we won't move forward as a club.

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:59:08 PM »
£26.26 per game is what a top seat costs up the hawthrones! So when the club start charging 15quid for a ticket isnt really to fair for fans who buy a season ticket!

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
However when tickets are 42 yes we get a bargain!

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
It does prove that if the tickets are priced low enough we dont have a problem filling the stadium.  I think the same applies to other clubs up and down the country.  Football needs to wake up.

It doesn't prove that these extra fans would be here every week if we lowered the ticket prices though. It could be the novelty of the cheaper prices that decides for them that they go to these games. If they usually watch on the internet, watching every match for free with the odd visit for cheap games is different to consistently spending £15 every week.

Rich99

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 05:09:36 AM »
It could be the novelty of the cheaper prices that decides for them that they go to these games.

Or maybe they are just working class fans who just can't afford to go every week anymore when considering the ridiculous prices that are charged.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:22:10 AM by Rich99 »

albion70

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 08:26:29 AM »
first game ive been to this year with one of my lads.

cracking value at 20 quid and the lad loved it as usual.

will be me and all 3 kids there against wigan. we cant commit to season tickets but on the other hand can not justify the normally high match day packages.

the major advantage to making it affordable for more people to come to the hawthorns is that you are looking after your future generations.

if i was a season ticket holder i wouldnt mind a fair sprinkling of cheaper games as it will benefit the club in the long run.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 10:24:10 AM »
first game ive been to this year with one of my lads.

cracking value at 20 quid and the lad loved it as usual.

will be me and all 3 kids there against wigan. we cant commit to season tickets but on the other hand can not justify the normally high match day packages.

the major advantage to making it affordable for more people to come to the hawthorns is that you are looking after your future generations.

if i was a season ticket holder i wouldnt mind a fair sprinkling of cheaper games as it will benefit the club in the long run.
Great post mate,nail on the head for me.Once you get the Albion bug as a kid it tends to stick.I wonder how many kids came out of the ground yesterday asking when they could go again?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:32:38 AM by Dexy »

reiss

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »

IM a home season ticket holder, and agree we should drop the prices more often, it was the best atmosphere yesterday all season apart from the wolves macth

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 10:55:02 AM »
The easy answer would be yes,as it leads to bigger crowds,better atmosphere which usually produces a better game to watch also as somebody has already said it encourages the next generation to leave their psp's behind and get a feel for the live experience,BUT(sadly there is always a but!)in this days of money being the God football bows down to 20,000 @ £40 is far better than 26,000 @ £15 or £20 ::).Also you do have to consider the st holders who have stumped up their hard earned in advance only to be undercut and finally i amnot totally sure but i seem to remember from somewhere there is a league rule limiting the number of times you can do this kind of thing once the seasons prices have been announced.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Ultimately, I feel that every now and then should do fine, as then everyone's happy in that enough money is made whilst keeping everyone else 'just' about happy. :P
WestBromwichAlbion

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »
I am a season ticket holder and have no problem with cheaper tickets to fill the ground.Maybe season ticket holders should get an incentive like free travel to an away game :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »
When I had a season ticket and there were offers like this or the kids for quid, I would invite some friends down and have a cracking day out. There is nothing stopping season ticket holders taking advantage of a few cut price games.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

danwatson

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
Also got to remember the extra 6000 people who are potentially buying food drinks and programmes... Makes up for what the club are perhaps losing in terms of ticket revenue.

James,SBFC

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 07:27:51 PM »
yes you should as me and a few others may be coming up to you on Saturday, so drop them for Saturday ;)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the ground full, and with that also enjoyed the atmosphere.

As a season ticket holder, I don't mind prices being reduced to get people through the gates. It should be done more often by football clubs. As a poster in the thread pointed out, we have to draw in the next generation. Prices like these and those kids a quid game certainly get the youngsters involved and enjoying life with the football club. Afterall, they're the future.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 11:12:58 PM »
Probably should be lower in the first place really, however with the capacity were at it should only be implemented when were playing the likes of Bolton and Wigan.

If we want to offer cheaper tickets on a more consistent basis I think we should be looking to increase the capacity of the ground to get even bigger gates for the games we can sell well for with a cheaper price than the ridiculous £42 we do currently charge for the "grade A" games like against United, Liverpool and Wolves.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

cricket

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »

bringing my 5yr old grandson to the hawthorns for first game v Wigan, he came to the training session and enjoyed that. Good deal £20 for the pair of us, couldn't afford full price tickets, hope he brings us some luck

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »
Hopefully taking my 10 year old cousin with us to the Wigan game a fiver for a Premiership game is really good another full house for the Wigan game I expect.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 12:14:40 PM »
I think prices should be dropped as it does sell out when they do but in the clubs favour are the games against man utd , liverpool and wolves. Those games were nearly sell outs even though they were £40 plus. People obviously are willing to pay those prices.

I was dumbstruck that we got 25,500 for the Liverpool game when the game was on tv, a 5.30 kick off and it was £42 a ticket.

While people are still buying tickets the club will keep charging those prices.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
I think there will always be a floating 4/5000 fans who want to see the Man U/Liverpool/Man City/Chelsea's,not really Albion fans.While there is the club will always charge bigger prices.