Long
23 (42.6%)
Thomas
1 (1.9%)
Scharner
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: October 07, 2011, 07:12:09 PM

Author Topic: 1 Oct 2011 Sunderland 2 Albion 2  (Read 120096 times)

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #775 on: October 03, 2011, 07:03:41 PM »
Still more negatives than positives at the moment for me unfortunately. Obviously it was very disappointing to not being able to hold onto a 2 goal lead against a team really struggling and the manager under a high amount of pressure.
The few positives to take is they we did perform to our capabilities at least for part of the game, unfortunately only the first 15-20 minutes, another is that we didn't completely fall apart as we still managed to come away with a point, following the point against fulham so its not as if we're performing badly and losing all the time.

Some of the major issues are though, firstly performing badly on a consistent level, lack of ideas and spirit  :( Another key concern for me is unfortunately Roys substitutions or lack of them, i think on saturday once again the team was begging for some replacements, with Roy at the moment it seems to late or its just not happening at all. This is something that has occurred a few times this season, obviously you can't always get it right but for me they seem so obvious. Twice now the game has been begging for Somen Tchoyi to come on with around about 30 minutes to go, against Fulham it was with 5 minutes to go (i think) which was to late and on saturday it didn't happen at all.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 07:06:46 PM by Wbamitch »

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Man of The Match v Sunderland 1st October 2011
« Reply #776 on: October 03, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »
Long and Morrison are the two stand out options, i voted for Long, did want him dropped for this game, but took his goal well and ran his socks off unlike his strike partner.

Glad to see Morrison have a good solid game to maybe get some trust from some fans again.

I thought Mcauley had a decent game again, maybe at fault for one of the goals.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Support
« Reply #777 on: October 03, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
I thought the support was probably the best it has been so far away from home, i do agree with other posts that when you don't have to allocate to particular seats it helps as the people who like to create an atmosphere usually go to the back.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Any Highlights?
« Reply #778 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »
Thanks.... :D

but any downloadable one?
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #779 on: October 04, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »
id agree with mcauley thought he played well jsut abit worrying how far he and olsson let strikers run with the ball.

true enough. I said the same after the Chelsea game...if Olsson had made a challenge on Anelka rather than backing off then maybe Anelka wouldn't have scored. I'd rather they put their foot in early and risk a freekick and a booking rather than back off and concede ground. Also if they put the challenge in early enough and miss they still have time to chase back and put a second challenge in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Support
« Reply #780 on: October 04, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
im not really sure how many there was there? I was there and the upper part of the stand seemed reasonably full! The bottom was very empty might have just about made 1500-2000 and we were very nosiy until the collapse of our defence!
O Albion we love you

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #781 on: October 04, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »
need more "professionalism" and taking the booking!
morrison should have done it higher up pitch against chelski for second goal
our midfielders dont make tackles as it is so they might aswell get the booking some how and save the points
O Albion we love you

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #782 on: October 05, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »
I like Long. He's got an arrogance about him that says: "Look at me, I'm good!" Strikers need that and he showed it in spades in the Sunderland game. He's not the world's best, but he's an excellent signing and I think he will get better as the season gos on.
Remember the past - learn from it