Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1754132 times)

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #2275 on: September 13, 2014, 05:56:47 PM »
We're going the same way as Fulham unless something changes

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2276 on: September 13, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
Well, beyond embarrassing. We have appointed a rubbish head coach who is seriously out of his depth. We have appointed a Director of Football who doesn't seem to have made a scrap of difference and was responsible for appointing the rubbish haed coach. We have kept our two other coaches who failed last season and aren't any better this season. We have kept our same captain who shows no leadership and is so bad he has to be substituted two matches in a row. The whole system and personnel have failed as most of us predicted. All of the above people +JP have to be held accountable, not just AI. To get rid of him and him alone wouldn't solve our problems because we need a complete overhaul.

Yes but he's great on the training ground don't you know. As we keep getting told.

I'm not going to pay the money to come up from Cornwall and watch this. I might join the guys on the coach from the South West but a trip up with my girlfriend is out of the question!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2277 on: September 13, 2014, 06:01:11 PM »
Importantly, Downing and Kiely must go when we get a new manager. Downing has been a constant in our decline (and clearly has no tactical awareness as displayed by his short tenure as caretaker where he made some absolutely baffling decisions), and Foster's distribution, for example, has got gradually worse under Kiely. I'd also argue the number of errors in his game has increased. It's time to shake things up in that department as I feel it's highly likely the likes of Morrison, Brunt, Olsson, etc have become far too comfortable under the current set-up. I feel the departure of Irvine will help but won't be enough on it's own. What's also worrying is the fact that Terry Burton, our newly appointed director, recommended Irvine as the outstanding candidate for the role. Clearly his judgement has to be questioned too but he won't be going anywhere any time soon.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2278 on: September 13, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
A midfield of Brunt, Morisson, Dorrans and Gardner in a game of Premier League football!! What the hell was Alan Irvine thinking playing those duffers?

I don't think Irvine realises that his primary goal was to get the fanbase on side, he seems like someone on a mission to alienate people to me.

3 points needed by the Burnley game for me or he's in for the chop.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2279 on: September 13, 2014, 06:09:06 PM »
I noticed the stadium had a few empty seats too, not surprised with this kind of excitement under Irvine.

23,500 is really low considering there were 3,000 everton fans there

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2280 on: September 13, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »
He's not good enough, it's really as simple as that.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2281 on: September 13, 2014, 06:12:00 PM »
A midfield of Brunt, Morisson, Dorrans and Gardner in a game of Premier League football!! What the hell was Alan Irvine thinking playing those duffers?

I don't think Irvine realises that his primary goal was to get the fanbase on side, he seems like someone on a mission to alienate people to me.

3 points needed by the Burnley game for me or he's in for the chop.
Away to Spurs, hahaha, might as well do it now then.

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2282 on: September 13, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »
I wasn't at the game today but had the 'pleasure' of watching us away at Swansea before the international break.

How was the atmosphere today? Are there senses of frustrations in the stands again Irvine? Is there realistically a time frame that Peace is going to put on this? I mean I think he has until Burnley at home to change the team's fortunes drastically.

A win may appease Peace but this football is absolutely horrific.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2283 on: September 13, 2014, 06:15:56 PM »
Away to Spurs, hahaha, might as well do it now then.

Sorry I meant upon conclusion of the Burnley game  :)

Spurs is damage limitation before a ball has even been kicked as we will have no intention of winning the game.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2284 on: September 13, 2014, 06:17:58 PM »
"We have to have a bit more of a cutting edge than we have at the moment.
"It has been widely said that we have brought in the most players but we have also got rid of the most as well.
"We need to win games soon."

Pretty inspirational stuff Alan

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2285 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:09 PM »
Perhaps somebody could come on here and justify how as we speak he is still in charge of our football club, he is clueless and totally out of his depth. We were told he is a top class coach, where is the evidence that matters (on the pitch)to back up this fanciful claim >:( >:( >:(
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2286 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:16 PM »
has Alan Irvine got a big garden ? so can go get on gardening leave . has to go where is the 1st win coming from ????????/

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2287 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:49 PM »
I wasn't at the game today but had the 'pleasure' of watching us away at Swansea before the international break.

How was the atmosphere today? Are there senses of frustrations in the stands again Irvine? Is there realistically a time frame that Peace is going to put on this? I mean I think he has until Burnley at home to change the team's fortunes drastically.

A win may appease Peace but this football is absolutely horrific.

In some ways, it was a worse performance than Swansea away, as it was at home and we had no attack or creativity (our first shot on target came after 80 minutes)

The atmosphere wasn't even that bitter, mostly people moaning and being fed up (and rightly so, it was a very negative performance). Obviously there were clear booes after the game and whilst I didn't boo I can't blame them. As a positive, I'm sure Peace will have noted how bad Irvine was.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2288 on: September 13, 2014, 06:31:51 PM »
JP get rid of this clown NOW! :(
Baggie in Southampton

pau1200

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2289 on: September 13, 2014, 06:32:01 PM »
The atmosphere was flat today, and with the style we played you can understand why. The players we have got are getting worse and that's down to Irvine. He works with them day in day out so he knows what they can do. I don't believe the squad is weak and has got to be the strongest we have had in a while. How players like brunt, dorrans, Morrison can be in a starting line up is beyond me. When your leaking goals like we are you have to protect the back 4 so why isn't yacob playing and where is mulumbu. Where is sess he is our most creative player. I'm worried that Irvine is alienating some of our better players because they don't fit into his style of play what ever that may be.

Unless something changes quickly it may be too late to catch up..

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2290 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:53 PM »
Not reading anything into it, but i was
talking to malky MacKay  before the game.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2291 on: September 13, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »
Irvine is keeping Everton sweet by the sounds of his post match interview no negative comments about them looking like a dead man walking put him out of his misery jp and bring someone in with a bit of passion for the club

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2292 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
Is anybody feeling a little apathetic about all this?!

Those cheers when we hit the target for the first time, it's like we're not even angry anymore and have just come to accept this. Get Clarke back! Sherwood, Dave Jones! Anyone!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2293 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:38 PM »
Not reading anything into it, but i was
talking to malky MacKay  before the game.

About what?!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2294 on: September 13, 2014, 06:38:45 PM »
How was the atmosphere today?

It was OK until they scored their second goal.

Chants of "Irvine where's your subs" and "you don't know what your doing" were heard around me in the Smethwick. Neither of which caught on.

The frustration grew however and its understandable when players are seemingly incapable of doing the basics like passing a football.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2295 on: September 13, 2014, 06:39:04 PM »
The atmosphere was flat today, and with the style we played you can understand why. The players we have got are getting worse and that's down to Irvine. He works with them day in day out so he knows what they can do. I don't believe the squad is weak and has got to be the strongest we have had in a while. How players like brunt, dorrans, Morrison can be in a starting line up is beyond me. When your leaking goals like we are you have to protect the back 4 so why isn't yacob playing and where is mulumbu. Where is sess he is our most creative player. I'm worried that Irvine is alienating some of our better players because they don't fit into his style of play what ever that may be.

Unless something changes quickly it may be too late to catch up..
the justification for his appointment was how good a coach he is, clearly a load of PR rubbish  a sop to the fans, he has to go and go now tonight no fannying about get rid!!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Baggies54

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2296 on: September 13, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Irvine has a mega test tomorrow, when Hodgson came from Liverpool pretty soon after leaving them we beat them at home, when Clarke came from Liverpool we beat them at home in both instances giving as good as we got, now we have Everton he should know how to beat them or at least give as good as we get.  The question is will he shine or blow out like a damp squib ?

I posted this up yesterday and by all accounts he failed miserably, having seen it all before and know exactly what is coming next, I just can't find the enthusiasm to enjoy the Baggies any more........60 years and thoroughly inebriated off.
"Scientific criticism has no nobler task than to shatter false beliefs".......

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2297 on: September 13, 2014, 06:40:02 PM »
He's clearly not going to go anytime soon, you can wish it all you want but he's going to be here for a good while yet.

Dreadful again today and he does seem destined to be a massive failure, but who exactly do people expect to step in? No one with a decent track record, potential, or really anything about them is going to take a job of a team that's probably going to be relegated, and gives them very little control. There's a reason in pre-season we took so long and that's because no one reputable wanted the job then, yet alone with the side bottom of the table and probably adrift by the time they come in.

The clubs biggest mistake is choosing Hodgson's style as the wanted style of play. Under Hodgson we were well drilled, strong in defence, and at our best were deadly on the counter attack - we got what we paid for with him as manager. Trying to do that on the cheap we've got a shambolic defence, who are incapable of counter attacking due because the team is so slow and poor at moving the ball.

Clearly Mel going all out attack in a 180 turn from our usual perfromance was suicidal and really didn't suit the players we had. But bringing in 11 players in pre-season was the ideal time to start changing things. Not exactly Pepe Mel's you score 5 we'll score 4 style, but at least a team that had something about it. Instead we're slow, ponderous, awful in defence, and even worse in attack. Last season our problem was we could match the top teams but for whatever reasons bottled the easier sides. This season we look awful against even moderately good sides.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:41:49 PM by Dan »

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2298 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:03 PM »
About what?!
football!! What i mean  about
not reading anything into it is the fact
he was there. ;)

cheesyknackers

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2299 on: September 13, 2014, 06:41:27 PM »
I'm just hoping he doesn't take us into free fall like clipboard did for Wolves when they were last in the prem. fkin embarrassing.