Author Topic: Allan Nyom signs for Getafe  (Read 127031 times)

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

Re: WBA - Allan Nyom
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »
tight backside in charge of financies, probably hoping that Field could be converted to right back :o clueless at this club
think I’d rather see that than Nyom bumbling around for another season.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2018, 08:20:04 PM »
Every single time a player has departed this summer we have signed a replacement almost immediately.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2018, 08:31:30 PM »
Every single time a player has departed this summer we have signed a replacement almost immediately.

Correct. Still doesn’t stop people having a moan though. Anything to knock the powers that be sometimes.  ::)

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
Nyom is a better full back than Dawson. Stand by it. Every day of the week.

Jacko, I'm afraid your judgement is going with reference to the ability of both Nyom and Brunt, sorry :D

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
If things went to plan we could have a back line of:
Ward--Dawson--Bartley/Hegazi--Gibbs/Townsend

Much, much better than our current line up of:

Nyom--Bartley--Hegazi--Gibbs/Townsend

I think we would concede a lot less goals with those involved. Hopefully this is what happens, perhaps Tosin will play on Saturday which isn't the end of the world.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #405 on: August 16, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
if reports are true and we are some days from any incomming transfers , makes no sense to let the only RB leave at this point.

elminius

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #406 on: August 16, 2018, 10:05:16 PM »
It does if he obviously doesn't want to give anything like his all for the Albion. Play someone who cares

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #407 on: August 16, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
It does if he obviously doesn't want to give anything like his all for the Albion. Play someone who cares

Doubt I’d want to either if I was getting abused by a bunch of numpties

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #408 on: August 16, 2018, 10:08:33 PM »
I assume that whoever replaces Nyom will be on less wages - another budget cutting move by the club. Chadli, too, will be off the payroll by the end of the month

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2018, 10:21:27 PM »
I assume that whoever replaces Nyom will be on less wages - another budget cutting move by the club. Chadli, too, will be off the payroll by the end of the month
.    Just don't get some of the posts on here sometimes . Ok it's not working out for the player this season ,So he gets dogs abuse from some so called fans. So the club do everyone a favour by letting him go out on loan , and then it's the clubs fault because some people think it's a cost cutting exercise and we're penny pinching . Get real don't you realise loan deals can run into millions If some folk on here are not moaning about the club then they're not breathing .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2018, 10:40:28 PM »
Whatever difficulties Nyom has had these last few games, he's better than no right back at the club. I trust therefore that we are not going to be left high and dry and a new back is definitely coming.
Maybe Roy will do us a favour and let us have Ward. I'm sure he'd be happy to help, if feasible. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

wba_jd26

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2018, 12:35:26 AM »
maybe going forwards we're moving to 3-5-2?

It wouldnt surprise me if we go back in for the lad from luton though

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2018, 12:39:08 AM »
Thought we were after Ward  ???

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2018, 01:58:34 AM »
Poor buy under Pulis of a Watford reject so happy to see him gone.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2018, 06:51:48 AM »
Maybe Dawson will be back in this week end as part of a back 3
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »
Poor buy under Pulis of a Watford reject so happy to see him gone.

I disagree, he did a job for us, may well be time to move him on, but there have been far worse signings than Allan Nyom.
Baggie in Southampton

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2018, 12:05:22 PM »
He's gone (loan) now officially.

Hope we play 3 at the back on Saturday rather than Adarabioyo at right back.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2018, 12:07:51 PM »
Even though I feel a bit sorry for him being given so much stick, he has got loads of money to show for it, so it's a goodbye and good luck from me.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #418 on: August 17, 2018, 12:15:06 PM »
I actually quite liked him. Not the most gifted footballer but he could tackle and robbed a fair few of our superstars. Some called him bambi on ice and that is a fair assessment. What he did once he got the ball however is anybodys guess. In that sense he reminded me a bit of Lee Hughes, when he had the ball you got the feeling he wasn't entirely in control of it but it worked, time and time again.....

I think the stick he has been getting is a bit harsh to be honest, we all know that there is better out there so I didnt see the point of the criticism.....given that he has now gone out on loan suggests that the club were aware of the issue as well

Good luck to him
MAGA!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #419 on: August 17, 2018, 12:15:35 PM »
Interesting departure given our lack of RBs but assume we have something solidly lined up. Thanks Allan, good luck in Spain.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
So our only right back is on Loan at Walsall.

Must be someone close to arriving, surely.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2018, 12:24:02 PM »
I actually quite liked him. Not the most gifted footballer but he could tackle and robbed a fair few of our superstars. Some called him bambi on ice and that is a fair assessment. What he did once he got the ball however is anybodys guess. In that sense he reminded me a bit of Lee Hughes, when he had the ball you got the feeling he wasn't entirely in control of it but it worked, time and time again.....

I think the stick he has been getting is a bit harsh to be honest, we all know that there is better out there so I didnt see the point of the criticism.....given that he has now gone out on loan suggests that the club were aware of the issue as well

Good luck to him

That's the most sense i've seen spoken about him anywhere.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2018, 12:24:57 PM »
Feel a bit sorry for Nyom, he seems to of been made a bit of a scapegoat by some of our fanbase.

As far as i know he has acted professional throughout his time with us, never caused any trouble, always seems to try his best, even though the last 18 months that hasnt been good enough.

His first season when he played left back he was pretty good, like most of the squad he stopped playing in February 2017 and he was one of the main ones whose form just couldnt get going again.

He has been in poor form and his confidence looks shot to pieces so a move is probably best for all parties but i know nowadays social media gives fans from all clubs a voice but some of the abusive messages he has received as well as general sarcastic delight that he is going i do find truly weird, wonder how many would have the balls to say it to his face, one on one if they saw him in the supermarket, bet half of them would be wanting selfies, etc.

Rant over!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:28:15 PM by Albion79 »

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »
Great guy good character and though a few hiccups the lad gave 100% and you can't ask anything else. Some might moan but over a game he usually gave more to the team than a few who seem bomb proof I understand his critics but he always tried to rectify his mistakes and I wish good luck

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #424 on: August 17, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »
I've nothing against Nyom. Yes he's been out of form but overall he's not half as bad a player as a lot of people make out and he's given us no trouble at all.

Good luck to him.