Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)  (Read 176939 times)

Brooklynbaggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: Filip Krovinovic (on loan from Benfica)
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2019, 08:09:15 PM »
Came on last week and helped change things which I’m assuming is why he started. Didn’t work this week but still a good asset for us.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2019, 09:09:28 PM »
Never give up do you Jacko ?
I think Jacko is right on this one,fantastically gifted technical player .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »
I think Jacko is right on this one,fantastically gifted technical player .
Jacko would choose you over Livermore, Zippy, that's his agenda.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »
Not done enough for me yet to match the hype , in fairness like Perreira he seems to need time to get used to the physical element of this league .
Get more of an idea of them both in a few months.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
We haven't had a night game on a freezing cold night yet, we need to judge the merits of the individuals over the season not the first nine games !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »
Not done enough for me yet to match the hype , in fairness like Perreira he seems to need time to get used to the physical element of this league .
Get more of an idea of them both in a few months.
Perreira is far more technically gifted than Krovinovic based on what ive seen so far

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2019, 10:15:55 PM »
Jacko would choose you over Livermore, Zippy, that's his agenda.
Well I have boots, knees like pistons, work ard...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
He's definitely a good, technical player but I wonder where he's meant to fit in. I think his best game was against Forest on the opening day but our other options seem to suit us more than him. I don't even know what he's meant to do when he starts it's a bit of an enigma.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Filip Krovinovic Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2019, 01:40:17 PM »
It just begs the question of whether he might be more suited to the role Sawyers plays, with somebody with a bit more cutting edge playing further up the pitch.

This was my opinion 5-6 weeks ago and it remains so now.

Decent player, but it seems he is more suited to the Sawyers  role and I wouldn't drop Sawyers at this stage. You could replace Livermore but does that leave the defence exposed? Sawyers can't tackle so Krov would gave to show his defensive side if we do that.
Boing Boing

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Filip Krovinovic Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:30 PM »
This was my opinion 5-6 weeks ago and it remains so now.

Decent player, but it seems he is more suited to the Sawyers  role and I wouldn't drop Sawyers at this stage. You could replace Livermore but does that leave the defence exposed? Sawyers can't tackle so Krov would gave to show his defensive side if we do that.
If we had a solid back 5 I think we could get away with Krov in for Livermore but until Johnstone and Bartley are either dropped, or sort themselves out, it would be too risky.
Think everyone is pinning their hopes on Hegazi being the be the solution.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »

Needs to play in central midfield alongside Sawyers.

Christ Jacko, thats a recipe for suicide.  Sawyers does not tackle.  Krov certainly does not look like the type of player who will graft hard defensively.
I think a midfield two of Sawyers and Krov would allow teams to walk through our middle, and we'd look vulnerable at every attack.
Like you, I'm no fan of Livermore, but until such time as we have an 'improved' version of Livermore, Jake stays in for me.
Sawyers and Krov would be a disaster as a pair.  

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2019, 11:18:20 AM »

Christ Jacko, thats a recipe for suicide.  Sawyers does not tackle.  Krov certainly does not look like the type of player who will graft hard defensively.
I think a midfield two of Sawyers and Krov would allow teams to walk through our middle, and we'd look vulnerable at every attack.
Like you, I'm no fan of Livermore, but until such time as we have an 'improved' version of Livermore, Jake stays in for me.
I think so, Krov needs to calm down a bit basically I think he is just trying too hard, like the kid in the playground game who always wants to do everything

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »

This is so true.....

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2019, 04:25:28 PM »
This guy needs to improve quickly as he's just not doing anything at present. One great disallowed goal and pen won aside he just is not enough.

Maybe I was expecting too much after that Koren like finish that was disallowed and hopefully he is just getting the measure of the championship before taking it by storm.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »
I think Krovinovic is  good player who has neat control even in tight situations, not afraid to turn with the ball and does show energy and get back and tackle.
He would be a useful sub when Phillips runs out of steam and stops supporting his full back.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2019, 07:24:31 PM »
Did nothing on Sunday and rightly pulled at half time, too many sideways passing and dropping deep to pick up ball since he's been at club.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #191 on: November 01, 2019, 06:45:34 AM »
Obviously Filip hasn't played alot of football for us as of late due to the form of the players in front of him but I'd be interested to know if any of you would look to make Benfica a offer to bring him back to the club permanently in the summer? I know there's no view to a permanent in the deal but if he is available for a reasonable fee I would consider it at only 24 he could develop into a good player there's already some tidy bits and pieces there just needs to cut the amount of safe side ways passes for me.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #192 on: November 01, 2019, 07:29:20 AM »
I don't think he overdoes the safe passes personally, sometimes they have to be played and he seems more of a link player in the 10 role.
As for signing him in the summer, I think it's too early to say. He was out injured for a long period last season I believe. He could still be finding his best form as well as adjusting to Championship football of course.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »
There's a quality player in there somewhere (apart from his shooting is pretty poor :D).  I'd like to see how we can get the best out of him but it's tricky.  Most obvious is to use him as a sub for Livermore\Sawyers when we are pushing for a goal. 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »
May come into his own if Pereira needs a rest over the Christmas period. I actually think they compliment each other well when they're on the pitch at the same time though. Still a fan of Krov'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2019, 12:57:20 AM »
Depends upon where wefinish, promoted and I don't know if I would sign him, in the chumps and I definitely would
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #196 on: November 02, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »
Not done anywhere near enough for me yet to be talking about signing , technical yes but a bit lightweight . Does a lot of nice stuff without really hurting the opponents , time yet of course.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #197 on: November 02, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
I would definitely be eyeing up Krovinovic for a permanent signing.
He's very good, its just that right now Perira, Diangana and Philips are all preferred to him. Next season Diangana will go back to Wham. And thats when I can see Krovinovic slotting right in.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #198 on: November 04, 2019, 10:02:50 PM »
Good Impact today.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #199 on: November 04, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »
Good Impact today.

Yes was brilliant when he came on.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.