Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 470555 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1275 on: February 09, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »
I see he was calming things down with the referee (again) after Millwall players committed fouls. :o
NB An observation, not a criticism!
Very composed today - except when he got pinged for 'high kicking'.
He wanted to join the "Tiller Girls" as a young lad.
(Showing my age again).  :o

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1276 on: February 09, 2020, 08:29:08 PM »
Outstanding for the majority of the season. I was never really a fan but this season has converted me. Fantastic leader.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1277 on: February 09, 2020, 08:47:59 PM »
Last 2 games have suited Livermore they have been dog fights. Reading game (they will be scrapping for points) will probably be the same. When it comes to us being on front foot trying to break sides down is when Livermore gets found out.

Solid game today
O Albion we love you

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1278 on: February 12, 2020, 10:48:24 PM »
Outstanding again tonight.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1279 on: February 12, 2020, 10:51:02 PM »

Predicted this post at 8pm.

6/10.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1280 on: February 12, 2020, 10:53:36 PM »

Predicted this post at 8pm.

6/10.

Eh? What do you mean.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1281 on: February 12, 2020, 10:55:23 PM »
Eh? What do you mean.

He was 6/10 tonight, which is one of his better performances.

Predicted you would post something along the lines he was much more than this, and you have.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1282 on: February 12, 2020, 11:01:56 PM »

He was 6/10 tonight, which is one of his better performances.

Predicted you would post something along the lines he was much more than this, and you have.

:o Oh dear. That’s slightly disconcerting. You must have other things to do than predict what I’m going to post surely. Maybe put the device down and give it a break for a few hours. Have a nap or something.

Predicting something to nobody means nothing.

We won a game by the way - maybe focus on the positivity of a win.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1283 on: February 13, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »

Yep.   I was a Jacko level critic of his last year, but  in this side he can play to his strengths.  Covers ground, quick and strong in the tackle and drives the team on.   Looks a leader too. 

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1284 on: February 13, 2020, 06:28:46 AM »
Does what we've been asking a captain to do for years.
Not the best player on the field but the best leader we have.
Never lets the ref rest
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1285 on: February 13, 2020, 08:15:55 AM »
He’s easily covered the most distance of any player on the pitch the past 2 games, I’ve been critical in the past his footballing skills aren’t the best but you can’t deny the bloke is leader who gives his absolute all every time he steps on the turf.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1286 on: February 13, 2020, 09:02:53 AM »
He’s easily covered the most distance of any player on the pitch the past 2 games, I’ve been critical in the past his footballing skills aren’t the best but you can’t deny the bloke is leader who gives his absolute all every time he steps on the turf.
Have to disagree with this bit, I think he's a confidence player and has a tendency to go missing and shirk responsibility when things are not going well, as was evident in our poor run.
Seems to have got his mojo back, and found an extra burst of energy, now though and is undroppable at the minute.
7/10 would have been 8 if he hadn't missed that sitter.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1287 on: February 13, 2020, 09:10:12 AM »
Is there any neutral person or organisation out there that can give ratings: B'ham Mail or Express and Star?
I would be good if we could get the opinion of one or two managers of other Championship clubs.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1288 on: February 13, 2020, 09:13:15 AM »
Jake's playing better now than when he was picked to play for England. Keep it up mukka.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1289 on: February 13, 2020, 09:14:32 AM »
Another solid performance last night.

Never going to a world beater but despite what Jose Jacko may say, there is no doubt in my mind that he should be ahead of 35 year old Chris Brunt and 38 year old Gareth Barry in our pecking order.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1290 on: February 13, 2020, 09:17:20 AM »
Some real great performances this season. Having the equally fit Sawyers next to him instead of the old legs of Brunt or Barry has really helped his game.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1291 on: February 13, 2020, 09:23:30 AM »
Is there any neutral person or organisation out there that can give ratings: B'ham Mail or Express and Star?
I would be good if we could get the opinion of one or two managers of other Championship clubs.

Both The Mail and The express & star do player ratings.

these are from the E & S for the millwall game:
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2020/02/10/millwall-0-west-brom-2-player-ratings/

Mails from last night:https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/west-brom-player-ratings-reading-17739304
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1292 on: February 13, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »
Jake's playing better now than when he was picked to play for England. Keep it up mukka.

True. His selection for England was bizarre really and he is playing a lot better now, albeit in the Championship.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1293 on: February 13, 2020, 09:56:29 AM »
As one of the travelling Baggies last night I have to very much agree with this assessment, loved the way he picked their pockets several times, often approaching them from behind, staying on his feet, and taking the ball away from right under their feet. As Mr Frazzle states an outstanding performance
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1294 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »
That's why it's frustrating in the match thread, Livermore barely put a foot wrong, but still copped a lot of flack.  I mean, he should have scored his goal, but he'd just made a great challenge to win the ball, then sprinted 50 yards to catch back up with play.  There were the usual comments about his passing but I don't remember anything particulary glaring, and he produced one absolute wonder of a pass on the volley late on which we should have done better with.  Not a peep from the usual suspects.

I think Livermore and Sawyers make a good team in there.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1295 on: February 13, 2020, 10:14:59 AM »
Livermore has been fantastic most of the season. In fact if there  was a player of the season vote so far he would probably get my vote fractionally ahead of Ajayi.

I have never rated Jake and I wouldve sold him last summer if it were left to me but I was wrong he's proved me wrong.

I thought he was man of the match last night, absolutely terrific our new 4-3-3 seems to suit him and us. He covered every inch last night, one minute getting into the box off the ball providing an attacking threat, next minute on the edge of his own box dispossessing a Reading player. Superb performance.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1296 on: February 13, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »
That's why it's frustrating in the match thread, Livermore barely put a foot wrong, but still copped a lot of flack.  I mean, he should have scored his goal, but he'd just made a great challenge to win the ball, then sprinted 50 yards to catch back up with play.  There were the usual comments about his passing but I don't remember anything particulary glaring, and he produced one absolute wonder of a pass on the volley late on which we should have done better with.  Not a peep from the usual suspects.

I think Livermore and Sawyers make a good team in there.

It's a few noisy individuals in the matchday thread, no way a majority view.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1297 on: February 13, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »
Bomber had him MOM on WM. That'll do for me.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1298 on: February 13, 2020, 12:32:55 PM »
For this division, he is is fantastic most of the time in doing what he does, and with Sawyers being so different the pairing is great most of the time.  The main issue is when we pour forward, he can't get back quickly and so with Sawyers awol we sometimes get left exposed, but that's the game plan, not his fault.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1299 on: February 13, 2020, 12:38:03 PM »
It's a few noisy individuals in the matchday thread, no way a majority view.

The in match chat drives me to drink it really does. If we are not 3-0 up after 15 minutes we are dross! Jake did well again last night.