Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 473137 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1225 on: November 29, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »
It seems like you can't criticise his performances so now you're literally inventing scenarios to have a pop at him for.

Why no outcry/witch hunt for the guy saying he's had a falling out with Pereira? Mind boggles with you fellas sometimes... It was just something I noticed, ironically after Williams went through the back of Jake's mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1226 on: November 29, 2019, 09:55:16 AM »

Close up tv pictures. What's the big issue here?

No big issue, just asking how you came to your assumption.
 I saw Livermore speak to the ref a few times, on more than one occasion he appeared to be pointing out where a player had committed fouls already, which would lead me to assume that he was asking why the Bristol wasn't being booked.
Before you ask I can't remember which Bristol player it was as there were a number that were going unpunished for fouls.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1227 on: November 29, 2019, 09:56:53 AM »

Why no outcry/witch hunt for the guy saying he's had a falling out with Pereira? Mind boggles with you fellas sometimes... It was just something I noticed, ironically after Williams went through the back of Jake's mate.
Because nobody has said he's had a falling out with Pereira? ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1228 on: November 29, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »

I've only just noticed it was you who started all of this  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1229 on: November 29, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »

In Jacko's defence (I never thought i'd ever type that....  ;D) it was implied by a couple of comments there may be something inferred from the lack of celebrating each others goals...

*Edit*
One of which I just realised was you   ::)

The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1230 on: November 29, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
To be honest I was surprised he wasn't booked himself, I thought the ref was a bit generous all round

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1231 on: November 29, 2019, 10:51:18 AM »
To be honest I was surprised he wasn't booked himself, I thought the ref was a bit generous all round
Maybe it's a deliberate strategy?
There were times when he seemed to be playing down Bristol tackles and, instead instead of screaming for a card, he remained calm and appeared to encourage common sense.
Deliberate or not, the end result was zero Baggies bookings, including Jake himself who, as you say, could have easily picked one up.
Personally, I hope it is an ongoing plan as I hate the petulant, angry, surrounding of the ref.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1232 on: November 29, 2019, 11:06:48 AM »
Maybe it's a deliberate strategy?
There were times when he seemed to be playing down Bristol tackles and, instead instead of screaming for a card, he remained calm and appeared to encourage common sense.
Deliberate or not, the end result was zero Baggies bookings, including Jake himself who, as you say, could have easily picked one up.
Personally, I hope it is an ongoing plan as I hate the petulant, angry, surrounding of the ref.

Reverse psychology  ;) .

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1233 on: November 29, 2019, 11:10:47 AM »
Maybe we should start castigating him for chatting so amicably with a la-di-da Vile fan at the Great Barr training ground.
Disgusting!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1234 on: November 29, 2019, 11:30:04 AM »
He also 'seemed' to be actively discouraging the referee from booking BC players.

Do you know what I thought the same aswell

Quite a number of times he was arguing with the ref and looking to deter him talking to the BC player

I thought it seemed strange at the time

First time I thought it was just him being decent and even calming a situation down but 2nd/3rd time after it registered as being strange

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1235 on: November 29, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »
I’m sure it was Jake being a captain, reasonable when nothing really bad had happened other than niggly fouls. I’d rather that kind of captain if I’m honest.

Perhaps it was tactical based on watching Bristol City tactics in other games?? Be interested to see if they rely on winding the other team up and the fans to gain an advantage with clever fouls and exaggerating fouls on them with over zealous expressions of faux pain and getting reactions from the team they are playing to get cards handed out etc

There could be a multitude of reasons

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1236 on: November 29, 2019, 11:36:30 AM »
You can't beat a good conspiracy theory can you?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1237 on: November 29, 2019, 11:45:36 AM »
He's in a purple patch right now thats for sure, playing better than when he made the England squad.

DurhamBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1238 on: November 29, 2019, 01:14:25 PM »
I’ve noticed it a few times with JL and MP.

Whenever MP dives (and he does from time to time) JL always consoles the opposition player.

I think our boys know he dives and is a little melodramatic when he feels contact.

Just my opinion 🤭🤭

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1239 on: November 29, 2019, 11:58:17 PM »
Saw him blow snot out of his nose once. A bogie may have come out too, not sure but I'll moan about it anyway just in case. Disgusting. Off my Christmas card list now. Going to buy tissues in the morning so I can blow my own nose when I cry about it. And another thing. Why does he always wink at people, look happy and smile like a Cheshire cat? He's got too many teeth. Boooooooo, never trust a man with a big smile who looks like he's enjoying life. Especially one who's had a good season so far. Can't stand happy players who are playing well, makes me seethe.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1240 on: November 30, 2019, 08:11:36 AM »
Playing the best stuff of his career in my view and fully deserving of the role of captain in our exciting team. Long  may it continue.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1241 on: November 30, 2019, 08:57:41 AM »
Saw him blow snot out of his nose once. A bogie may have come out too, not sure but I'll moan about it anyway just in case. Disgusting. Off my Christmas card list now. Going to buy tissues in the morning so I can blow my own nose when I cry about it. And another thing. Why does he always wink at people, look happy and smile like a Cheshire cat? He's got too many teeth. Boooooooo, never trust a man with a big smile who looks like he's enjoying life. Especially one who's had a good season so far. Can't stand happy players who are playing well, makes me seethe.

I once saw him helping others. I immediately demanded he was stoned to death.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1242 on: November 30, 2019, 11:46:52 AM »
Some of you are watching too much TV, try watching the game live, you will not see nearly as much of the detail as you seem to be seeing on Sky. I think we will have to get shut of Jake, rubbish player and Captain, too friendly with the opposition, does not  celebrate our goals correctly, personally I don't much care for his boots , but he is having a great season, and those who can't see that are ....... well.....I despair.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1243 on: December 01, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »
Some of you are watching too much TV, try watching the game live, you will not see nearly as much of the detail as you seem to be seeing on Sky. I think we will have to get shut of Jake, rubbish player and Captain, too friendly with the opposition, does not  celebrate our goals correctly, personally I don't much care for his boots , but he is having a great season, and those who can't see that are ....... well.....I despair.
You do realize you can go to the game and watch the highlights later?

DurhamBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1244 on: December 01, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »
I wasn’t being critical of Jake.

Just an observation.

I agree he is playing very well.

Difficult for me to get to many games as I live in Durham and coach my sons under 7s team on a Saturday morning.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1245 on: December 01, 2019, 12:30:31 PM »
I wasn’t being critical of Jake.

Just an observation.

I agree he is playing very well.

Difficult for me to get to many games as I live in Durham and coach my sons under 7s team on a Saturday morning.
Was not aimed at anyone in particular, but despite his good form , some still seem anxious to try to discredit him.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1246 on: December 02, 2019, 12:57:55 PM »
You realise what he currently offers when he doesn't play (Sheff Weds at home)

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1247 on: December 02, 2019, 10:31:20 PM »
Think he needs to have a pop a bit more when receiving ball on edge of area, clearly has a good strike on him
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1248 on: December 08, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »
Excellent performance from Jake today, second only to the magician.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1249 on: December 08, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
He's been excellent all season to be fair. A changed man under Slaven.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali