Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269835 times)

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #1025 on: September 27, 2021, 03:15:48 AM »
Frank Bruno was a better boxer than jousua he just fought in a way better era.
A gentleman to

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1026 on: September 27, 2021, 10:23:04 AM »
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bloke as far as I’m concerned.

Well in Usyk.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1027 on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »
Just got round to watching this fight in its entirety (so busy) and it's a clear Usyk win but not the beat down I expected from what I've read. Most of the rounds were close but Usyk edged them. Last round Joshua was lucky there wasn't another minute to go. 117-112 I have it.

I'm with Liam. Joshua's previous racist comments don't sit well with me (imagine a white man saying don't buy from black men and imagine the repercussions, it works both ways despite the PC agenda). For this reason I'm happy to see him humbled.

From a sporting point of view neither beat either Fury or Wilder.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1028 on: September 29, 2021, 01:28:17 PM »
Frank Bruno was a better boxer than jousua he just fought in a way better era.
A gentleman to

That's nostalgia talking. That era wasn't up to much. Mike Tyson domiated a dire bunch (Tony Tucker and the like) till the likes of Lewis came along and even he got KO'd by Hasim Rahman and he wouldn't have survived in today's pool.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1029 on: September 29, 2021, 03:33:29 PM »
That's nostalgia talking. That era wasn't up to much. Mike Tyson domiated a dire bunch (Tony Tucker and the like) till the likes of Lewis came along and even he got KO'd by Hasim Rahman and he wouldn't have survived in today's pool.
It's all opinions and eras are very difficult to compare. Lewis was good enough to survive in any pool. He was unusually complacent and out of shape going into that Rahman fight. He interrupted his camp for several days to go off and do the filming for Ocean's 11 or whatever it was.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1030 on: September 29, 2021, 09:58:09 PM »
It's all opinions and eras are very difficult to compare. Lewis was good enough to survive in any pool. He was unusually complacent and out of shape going into that Rahman fight. He interrupted his camp for several days to go off and do the filming for Ocean's 11 or whatever it was.

I meant Rahman wouldn't survive in todays pool. I agree that Lewis would. He was good enough to be competitive in any era despite the Rahman loss.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1031 on: September 29, 2021, 10:24:43 PM »
I meant Rahman wouldn't survive in todays pool. I agree that Lewis would. He was good enough to be competitive in any era despite the Rahman loss.
Ah OK we agree then  :)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1032 on: October 09, 2021, 09:18:56 PM »
Good evening guys,
Ready to rumble?
Fury will knock one trick Wilder spark out tonight, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tyson is the best heavyweight in the world.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1033 on: October 09, 2021, 09:42:22 PM »
Fury is the best heavyweight in the world, but don't discount the knockout merchant.

* Fury is coming in at a career high weight - arguably not ideal for the "boxer" of the two, particularly as he beat Wilder with his movement last time out. Wilder's career high weight probably doesn't matter as he is a slugger anyway.

* Despite dominating the last 2 fights, Wilder did put Fury down twice in their first fight. He has proven he can catch Fury. The times I have stayed up to watch Wilder (Washington, Szpilca) he was arguably losing at the point he knocked them out. Wasn't he behind in both of the Ortiz fights as well, because he was no mug. The only fight in Wilder's 44 fight career where he hasn't found the bout winning/saving punch was last time out vs a very good Fury. 43 times out of 44 means he can't be discounted easily.

* Fury's prep has hardly been ideal with his newly born daughter having been in intensive care 2 months ago.

Just like last week, I have an ominous feeling that the underdog will win. I just hope Fury took enough out of Wilder in the last 2 fights and that Wilder's self belief has gone. It is better for boxing now if Fury finishes it off and they both move on to new fights because there are fights out there that have been stalled for 2 years for both boxers if they want them (Uysk, Joshua, Whyte, Joyce, Hunter, Yoka).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 09:44:07 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1034 on: October 09, 2021, 09:44:40 PM »

Your opinion

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1035 on: October 09, 2021, 11:10:55 PM »
I am absolutely discounting Wilder
Fury will be in his face from the first seconds of the fight, I hear what Baggies is saying but fury has his mumber and he is in his head and Wilder is a confused fella and once that happens in boxing you've lost it
You see, fury will be able to dominate him and use his weight and height advantage to tire Wilder out, I imagine that by r3/4 tyson will be battering Wilder he will be beating him up in his own backyard again, because to my mind he won the first match up, in fact its ridiculous that these pair are fighting for the 3rd time
It'll be 3 strikes and your out for Wilder, from what I've seen he is not a balanced fighter his legs and arms don't seem in unison, he likes to go on the front foot with his opponents but he can't do it with tyson because he's getting out thought in the ring and outside the ring
He is a one trick pony

bosh

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1036 on: October 10, 2021, 01:40:33 AM »
The fact that Wilder still, publicly anyway, says that he did not deserve to lose the second fight to me shows he is mentally beaten already.

He would need to change his style to beat Fury and he has already hit Fury with his best shot in the first fight. I can't see him changing his style enough even if he could. First two rounds dictate how to the rest goes.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1037 on: October 10, 2021, 04:32:11 AM »
I am absolutely discounting Wilder
He is a one trick pony

It’s a hell of a trick though.....
MAGA!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1038 on: October 10, 2021, 05:40:55 AM »
What a fight!

Fury is absolute class.
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1039 on: October 10, 2021, 06:01:09 AM »
My respect to Wilder tonight
A man fighting for his life
He was like a drunken man somehow staying on his feet
He was like a cheetah who gives up after sprinting towards his prey
His weight idea was wrong
Now, I say that I said that Fury would knock him spark out, which he did, just took a bit longer
Fury is fast becoming the greatest heavyweight of all time
He has overcome mental issues and all that means
I'm proud to say he's an English world champion
He will become the undisputed world champion, then he may retire,
A fantastic crowd draw, who wouldn't want to pay good money to watch him live
Fantastic

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1040 on: October 10, 2021, 06:13:03 AM »
Cracking fight. Thought fury was going to finish it inside 6 after the start. 4th round flipped it on its head and wilder could well have stolen it. As ever at that weight your only a punch a way from losing. Like to see fury unify and retire undefeated
O Albion we love you

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1041 on: October 10, 2021, 06:38:58 AM »
Pity Wilder couldn't see his way past the fact he had been battered and give respect to the better man.
Fantastic performance Fury.
Just as well Tyson is a boxer as he would never make a living out of singing
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1042 on: October 10, 2021, 07:27:56 AM »
Slightly off topic,  why is it the west Midlands is quite poor when it comes to boxing World champions, its a massive area yet its under represented

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1043 on: October 10, 2021, 08:24:04 AM »
We do have the Yafai brothers, with Kal having been a world champion and Galal being Olympic champion. Matthew Macklin deserved a world title while Richie Woodhall held one.

Frankie Gavin had the World Amatuer Championship as well, we seem to have some good pedigree in the amateurs with Ben Whittaker also looking likely to have a good career (3 of GB’s boxing medals at the Olympics came from the region).
Boing Boing

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1044 on: October 10, 2021, 09:00:03 AM »
Professional world champion,  richie woodhall, I had hair then lol,

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1045 on: October 10, 2021, 09:34:21 AM »
Please don't forget one of my boxing heroes at featherweight, Pat Cowell born in Smethwick
Look up his history it's very interesting, I think he lives in Oldbury
A fantastic boxer if I remember right bronze medal at Olympics, 2 or 3 ABA belts, euro champ British champ fought for World title
Brilliant boxer, not a puncher but a technician of the art

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1046 on: October 10, 2021, 10:01:03 AM »
Who were the judges for this fight where were they from,id be interested in their scorecards
Don't forget that in fight 2 all 3 judges Inc the referee were Americans, that's never fair in my opinion
In America you have to knock them out just to draw
An interesting also rans fight for me would be Joshua/Wilder, might never happn
So we wait for Fury/Uysk let's hope that comes off in UK
I'd love to go to that one

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1047 on: October 10, 2021, 10:06:48 AM »
Who were the judges for this fight where were they from,id be interested in their scorecards
Don't forget that in fight 2 all 3 judges Inc the referee were Americans, that's never fair in my opinion

All three judges were American which I thought was odd, good job we didn’t need them.

I think Fury will now fight Whyte whilst Joshua/Usyk/Wilder sort themselves out, but it wil make no difference as Fury can beat them all.
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1048 on: October 10, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »

Tim Cheatham 94 - 92
Dave Moretti 95 - 91
Steve Weisfeld 95 - 92

All USA. All three had Fury ahead.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2021, 11:00:37 AM »