Author Topic: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.  (Read 32310 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2023, 02:32:40 PM »
He is the best player we have got!
In what sense ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2023, 12:03:02 AM »
In what sense ?
Well you see him play like i do. In every sense. Tell me a better player in our team? Technical, speed, fitness skill shooting, passing, crossing. And that goal he scored he meant it. But for some he will do as the next scapegoat.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2023, 08:02:57 AM »
Well you see him play like i do. In every sense. Tell me a better player in our team? Technical, speed, fitness skill shooting, passing, crossing. And that goal he scored he meant it. But for some he will do as the next scapegoat.

Not about him being a scapegoat. He is undoubtedly a talented player but he is still young and learning. He needs to improve his game intelligence, learning when is the best time to cross, when to shoot, when to play a simple ball, when to beat a player once and put the ball in etc.
He often turns into a ruck of players when he receives the ball and gets dispossessed or has to pass backwards.
All these things will, I'm sure, improve as he gains more experience and I certainly enjoy watching him play even if he is a little frustrating at times.

I agree that he meant that shot at Cardiff and the post match interview from the O/S backs it up.

https://www.wba.co.uk/video/player/0_8kx7bcx9?feed=c75d86f2-5bff-47ea-9509-b8de5d98494b&section=1c7de908-aa50-4bf2-9b16-417e3a4118cc
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2023, 09:40:17 AM »
He's still short of being a regular first team player for me, even at Championship level, but there is without doubt a talented player there, who im hoping we will see some real fruits appear from as the season goes on.

One of those players that will benefit from this season, and be better next for whoever he is playing for.

It would be nice if we signed one of those players from the top clubs though who can assist 8-10 and score 10-12 in the championship, like a Tella, Diallo, or a Barnes

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2023, 09:47:22 PM »
I’d be straight on the phone to Brighton to ask if we can terminate his loan. A complete waste of space with no end product.

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2023, 10:02:56 PM »
I’d be straight on the phone to Brighton to ask if we can terminate his loan. A complete waste of space with no end product.

https://youtu.be/A8o4WJxFR_8?si=gZlIpv46ueDDST9E

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2023, 10:11:14 PM »
I'm never quite sure of you are winding us all up for a laugh, or if you're genuinely the biggest naysayer on the forum. Seriously, which of the squad are you enthusiastic about?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2023, 07:03:50 AM »
Sarmiento didn’t have a bad game as such but he didn’t do anything to spectacular either, ending his loan seems very dramatic as he’s done some good things over the season but if Wallace is 100% I should imagine he’ll be on the bench this weekend and he seems to do better off the bench.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
Underwhelming again. I don’t see what he offers, no end product whatsoever

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2023, 11:49:06 PM »
Sarmiento is a highly skilled young player with a great future, a great shot as demonstrated today when Stoke keeper Bonham had to pull out a ‘worldy’ save to deny Jeremy scoring. His critics must be confusing him with Conor Townsend.
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2023, 07:23:47 AM »
I must have watched the wrong game because I thought he had a good game. He lost the ball a few times but players that try what do does will sometimes lose it.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2023, 09:02:06 AM »
I must have watched the wrong game because I thought he had a good game. He lost the ball a few times but players that try what do does will sometimes lose it.

Well this is it, isn't it? The tricksy, creative players by their very nature will try riskier plays, passes and runs. Its part of what they are.
If they did this and they worked almost every time, a) he wouldn't be loaned out for his development and b) he wouldn't be in playing in the champ.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2023, 04:26:52 PM »
Absolute garbage again. First thing we should do in January is send him back to Brighton.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2023, 05:20:56 PM »
Absolute garbage again. First thing we should do in January is send him back to Brighton.
Didn't have much threat today, but if we lose Sarmiento, our only wingers are Wallace, Fellow and Diangana, the latter of which is off to the Africa Cup.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2023, 10:42:14 PM »
Cracking idea, makes total sense. We have an embarrassment of riches in attack.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:44:29 PM by Albertbaggie »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2023, 11:40:55 PM »
I don't think he's a suitable replacement for Phillips in that role. He's too attack minded.

CC said he needs a Phillips replacement in Jan if nothing else, bearing in mind we have plenty of wide men. We need one who can fit into CC style which might be more troublesome than expected when we look back at Albrighton, which seemed ideal at the time of signing but bombed

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2023, 08:03:14 AM »

Oh another one you don’t like, what a surprise.

And what is the plan to replace him given our current financial dilemma?
MAGA!

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2023, 08:43:53 AM »
18 appearances in the Championship in a forward role in a team in and around the play offs. Zero assists and 2 goals.

Almost no end product or effectiveness. You can't really dress it up any other way.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #193 on: December 24, 2023, 09:44:52 AM »
18 appearances in the Championship in a forward role in a team in and around the play offs. Zero assists and 2 goals.

Almost no end product or effectiveness.
You can't really dress it up any other way.

I'll take every goal we can get.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #194 on: December 24, 2023, 03:24:19 PM »
Oh another one you don’t like, what a surprise.

And what is the plan to replace him given our current financial dilemma?

Switch to 3421 and play wingbacks.

I'm sick to death of watching him chop one way, chop the other, do a stupid step over, turn back, get in a tussle with the defender and then lose the ball. The reason why we’re not creating anything is because this show pony is taking all the pace out of our attacks.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #195 on: December 24, 2023, 03:43:53 PM »

I'm sick to death of watching him chop one way, chop the other, do a stupid step over, turn back, get in a tussle with the defender and then lose the ball. The reason why we’re not creating anything is because this show pony is taking all the pace out of our attacks.
Looks good in slow motion though.  ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #196 on: December 24, 2023, 03:50:22 PM »
He’s a young lad learning his craft, far from an end product. Not really what we need but hardly his fault.

If he was Brighton likely wouldn’t be sending him out on loan.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #197 on: December 24, 2023, 04:02:06 PM »

Not to mention the other one (Diangana). The most over-rated player we've had in years.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #198 on: December 24, 2023, 05:34:44 PM »
Not to mention the other one (Diangana). The most over-rated player we've had in years.
Dianga has been off the boil for a couple of games now, but that may be related to him playing inside. When he plays inside he tends to get crowded out by numbers. He's not a physical player who is going to win many 50-50 tackles. He tends to be more effective starting on the wing, where he can run into space behind defenders.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2023, 12:02:55 AM »
Not having him in the team today you saw how much quicker and cohesive our attacks were. Should be nowhere near the starting 11 from now on.