Author Topic: Press conference / Local Papers  (Read 17433 times)

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Press conference / Local Papers
« on: June 15, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »
Alan Irvine unveiling due in the coming days.

Whilst I do not feel it is the responsibility of local reporters to vent our anger on our behalf, they should at least be asking the pertinent questions, especially in relation to the back lash this appointment has received.

Steve Madely and Chris L are top local journalists imo. I'd encourage as may of you has possible to tweet them with your comments and questions you'd like to see asked at the presser - sensible though; make sure they have a point to them. Not just a load of vitriol.

Steve Madely - @smadeley_star
Chris L - @chrislepkowski

I asked SM to essentially ask 'does the backlash to the Irvine appointment show that the club is detached from it's fan base' ?

Over to you guys. Tweet them and perhaps leave a comment below with the question you'd like to see the local journalists ask. 

Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Press conference / Local Papers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:04:33 PM »
I do like this idea, I think that they know the club well enough to be more than aware of the anger this has caused. I very much think that they know this situation is coming - I second your thoughts and actually think this is a very good channel of communication to go down.

viaductbaggies

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »
Do you deliberately make your decisions just so they antaganise the supporters ?

Are you expecting demonstrations about this appointment ?

Whos decision was it to go ahead with pinstripes on the new kit ?

Do you regret any of your decisions ?

Do you realise you are hated by at least 95% of supporters ?

Which team do you actually support ?

Can people have a refund on season tickets ?

Who will be next coach when irvine goes in November ?

Has Downing got photos of you ?

Why are you so tight ?

How do you justify your salary ?

Please sell the club ?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
Could you please quit now Irvine before you even start?

Are you still a miserable git?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:45 PM »
Could you please quit now Irvine before you even start?

Are you still a miserable git?

You forgot arrogant.

He does have coaching badges you know. How many do you have?  ;D ;)

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »

You forgot arrogant.

He does have coaching badges you know. How many do you have?  ;D ;)

Yeah but I would sooner have appointed the chap driving the players coach, he has a coach's badge too.

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 08:52:52 PM »
Jeremy, after your speech saying you take the blame and the same mistakes won't be made again why do you make the mother of all f*** ups and appoint a man who failed at championship/league 1 level???
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:24:15 PM by Quakes Fan »

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 08:57:10 PM »
Problem is, if the locals antagonise the club too much, we could end up with a Newcastle type situation - where a local paper is openly at war with the owners.

pau1200

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »
Ive tweeted chris L and asked him to ask peace one question, What were these mistakes he wanted to learn from as I thought it was appointing inexperience. Maybe he sees a different problem, or maybe he just a tw*t.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
I think asking 'Will you offer fans who are unhappy with this appointment a refund on their season ticket' is a very good question.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 09:17:54 PM »
The response on the clubs official Twitter account to Irvine being announced should tell them all they need to know.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »
The response on the clubs official Twitter account to Irvine being announced should tell them all they need to know.

Facebook was even worse. Last time I looked they had 1600+ comments in response to the announcement on FB. Then they put something up about Fathers Day and got absolute pelters again.

Regis no 1

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 09:55:32 PM »
How many transfer requests have you had since the announcement ????
The Lord is my shepherd .

weareblueweare white

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »
Problem is, if the locals antagonise the club too much, we could end up with a Newcastle type situation - where a local paper is openly at war with the owners.
Put's them in the same boat as the majority of the fans then.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
Facebook was even worse. Last time I looked they had 1600+ comments in response to the announcement on FB. Then they put something up about Fathers Day and got absolute pelters again.

Keep bombarding them with abuse, perhaps the penny will drop!
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 10:28:05 PM »
Keep bombarding them with abuse, perhaps the penny will drop!
Doubt it! If Dr NO/ Peace has not got it by now he never will.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
Ask him why its taken him so long to get a job in football since leaving Father Ted!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »
Whilst I do not feel it is the responsibility of local reporters to vent our anger on our behalf, they should at least be asking the pertinent questions, especially in relation to the back lash this appointment has received.

Steve Madely and Chris L are top local journalists imo. I'd encourage as may of you has possible to tweet them with your comments and questions you'd like to see asked at the presser - sensible though; make sure they have a point to them. Not just a load of vitriol.

Steve Madely - @smadeley_star
Chris L - @chrislepkowski
When they're sometimes accused of being overly negative about the club, they keep stressing how they're simply doing their job and reporting news, whether it's good or bad. The dismay felt by so many Albion fans over this appointment is undeniably news, so they should reflect it in the articles they write in the coming days. Madeley's reference yesterday to "....the prospect of a luke warm reaction from supporters...." was laughable, given what was already unfolding. I hope he's got the message loud and clear now.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »
Very disappointed to read paragraphs full of patronising rubbish from Ally Robertson this morning.

Link: Birmingham Mail
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:28:01 AM by WorcsWBA »

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Who else thinks that the first comment from Chris Lepkowski since his holiday is biased towards the Club/Irvine:

For example, Chris L mentions that Darren Carter reckons Irvine is meticulous in his preparation, but doesn't say anything about the views of quite a few Sheff Wed fans that Irvine served up the worst football they'd seen for 20 years. Chris L also doesn't mention the bizarre tactical "nous" that led Irvine to use 4 central midfielders in 4-4-2 formations.

Like it or not, the Club is now in a situation that can't be whitewashed.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »
Very disappointed to read paragraphs full of patronising rubbish from Ally Robertson this morning.

Patronising how?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:47:51 AM »
Who else thinks that the first comment from Chris Lepkowski since his holiday is biased towards the Club/Irvine:

For example, Chris L mentions that Darren Carter reckons Irvine is meticulous in his preparation, but doesn't say anything about the views of quite a few Sheff Wed fans that Irvine served up the worst football they'd seen for 20 years. Chris L also doesn't mention the bizarre tactical "nous" that led Irvine to use 4 central midfielders in 4-4-2 formations.

Like it or not, the Club is now in a situation that can't be whitewashed.

Not biased towards the club at all. He is very critical of JP in the last few paragraphs.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »
I thought CL's article was pretty fair to all parties to be honest , interesting he brings up our limited squad already.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 10:06:17 AM »
Birmingham Mail reporter will be at Hawthorns today - anybody wanting to get their voice heard, with/without banners, or to highlight season ticket refund, make sure you seek them out. 

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:39:22 AM »
Patronising how?
I would have thought it was obvious - by saying we all need to be good boys and girls and get behind the decision. Unless Irvine does something remarkable in his first few games, backing the decision just isn't going to happen for many fans.