Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2362232 times)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #600 on: June 19, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »
how does that work out if they aint Chinese?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #601 on: June 19, 2015, 09:52:21 PM »
how does that work out if they aint Chinese?
The new buyer, may well "Yank" it out a bit more.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: June 19, 2015, 10:27:58 PM »
http://
I cannot imagine anything being released until 8th August.
The reason being that the number 8 is considered lucky in Chinese folk law.
So it may be at 8.08 on the 8th day of the 8th month, that we hear of something.
Whilst that might be auspicious I guess there might be more pressing needs to do the deal sooner. Maybe that day can be used for our marquee signing  ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:32:38 PM by Yamaka »
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: June 20, 2015, 07:42:39 AM »
What will Peace do after a sale? I would like to think he would take on another club and have another go because he has done a great job with us and would be ashame to see him walk away from the game.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »
I couldn't see him taking on another club. I think he will invest in something different.

If he get's £150m-£200m i can't see him doing a lot.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
So wang jianlin was involved in taking us to China in 79?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »
What will Peace do after a sale? I would like to think he would take on another club and have another go because he has done a great job with us and would be ashame to see him walk away from the game.

I expect he will see it as job done. Gained control of a football club for virtually no money yet walk away years later with over £100m in profit, I expect he'll either retire or move on to something else as he wont be able to do what he has here with another club.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #607 on: June 20, 2015, 10:15:42 AM »
This is going to come out one morning to the stock exchange/FA and that will be first we all know of it. The company I work for got an offer to be bought out by a competitor on Wednesday and the first we heard was the stock exchange announcement! And it's a $600million deal, so in the same region of money as the Albion takeover. We're pretty small and there wasn't a sniff of anything, so I very much doubt there will be a leak especially as only Peace has to make the decision.

We aren't floated, so forget the stock exchange.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #608 on: June 20, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
So wang jianlin was involved in taking us to China in 79?

Digging out some research apparently the England national squad was supposed to go but was unable to for whatever reason and Bert Millichip at the time suggested that we go as a replacement.  As to who was involved on the Chinese side I have no idea.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: June 20, 2015, 10:49:50 AM »
I heard that Janlin was a government official in some capacity when we did the tour.

Maybe some people are taking 2+2 and getting 5?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:51:43 AM by divinewind »

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #610 on: June 20, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
Who knows , that could explain some potential interest from him ? He has said in an interview he may buy a football club in England didn't he? Let's hope so!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #611 on: June 20, 2015, 10:59:47 AM »
Digging out some research apparently the England national squad was supposed to go but was unable to for whatever reason and Bert Millichip at the time suggested that we go as a replacement.  As to who was involved on the Chinese side I have no idea.

Not that it means anything but it is interesting. We were the first English team to visit China? I didn't know about that.

-------------------------------------------

Stephen Perry, chairman of the 48 Group Club in UK, on Wednesday hailed Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin a "pioneer" after he bought a 20% stake in Spanish champions Atletico Madrid for 45m euros($52m).

"I would think he is a pioneer against a broader strategy that will emerge over 5 years or so," Perry, who himself failed in an attempt to buy an 8% stake in English Premier League side Arsenal five years ago.

"He would be aware of the long term interest of China to build its capability in football," he told Xinhua.

Perry, whose independent business network committed to promoting positive links with China, is a pioneer in Chinese football history.

He brought West Bromwich Albion football club to Beijing to take on the "China Eleven" on Aug. 1, 1979, making it the first English team visiting China. He later found out late leader Deng Xiaoping was sitting in the stadium that day.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_Wire/2015-01/22/content_34624363.htm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:02:16 AM by addy »

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #612 on: June 20, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »
Reflecting on all this talk of takeover two things spring to mind;

1. We aren't pulling up trees in terms of signings - is this because we wish to wait and then utilise a big spending pot once the takeover is complete? I'd like to think so as otherwise wouldn't Tony P be jumping up and down about inactivity.

2. The lack of noise and the lack of communication out of the club does make me wonder if a deal is now very close. There's no way that JP would wish to alert other clubs to any buyer just in case they change their minds.

Finally a change of ownership could well be very profound - the things we love about the club might well disappear - takeovers are challenging and as many works as fail. We are potentially about to be dropped into the unknown. However I have faith that JP will have done is due diligence on this and will find a sympathetic long term owner.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: June 20, 2015, 11:20:35 AM »
I heard that Janlin was a government official in some capacity when we did the tour.

Maybe some people are taking 2+2 and getting 5?

He served in the People's Liberation Army between 1970 and 1988.

"Wang followed in his father's footsteps by enrolling in the People's Liberation Army in 1970 at just 15-years-old. He soon advanced to Platoon Leader and eight years later he was specially selected to attend Dalian Army School, where he became a staff officer and eventually its deputy director. He left the army in 1988 and formed a property company in the north-eastern city of Dalian using around £80,000 of borrowed money".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3092637/So-rich-s-got-not-one-TWO-private-jets-James-Bond-speedboat-firm-football-club-Inside-mind-boggling-world-China-s-25-billion-man.html

Albion tour guide? Doubt it but who knows?  ;).

Personally have no idea who will be taking us over, if anybody.
What I do know is that 'ITK people' all over Tw@tter have been saying he's taking over 'in the next couple of days' for what seems to be a rather long time now. There was even a post on The Sons of Albion page to this effect on June 5th.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #614 on: June 20, 2015, 11:59:17 AM »
Happy to think that this will all be resolved in the next week or so been a ridiculous guessing game for the last couple weeks.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »
Happy to think that this will all be resolved in the next week or so been a ridiculous guessing game for the last couple weeks.
I hope so as well doing my bloody head in.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #616 on: June 20, 2015, 01:04:13 PM »
Getting so sick of this... ;)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2015, 01:08:02 PM »
Reflecting on all this talk of takeover two things spring to mind;

1. We aren't pulling up trees in terms of signings
- is this because we wish to wait and then utilise a big spending pot once the takeover is complete? I'd like to think so as otherwise wouldn't Tony P be jumping up and down about inactivity.

2. The lack of noise and the lack of communication out of the club does make me wonder if a deal is now very close. There's no way that JP would wish to alert other clubs to any buyer just in case they change their minds.

Finally a change of ownership could well be very profound - the things we love about the club might well disappear - takeovers are challenging and as many works as fail. We are potentially about to be dropped into the unknown. However I have faith that JP will have done is due diligence on this and will find a sympathetic long term owner.

When have we ever pulled up any trees re transfers? This summer will be no different.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2015, 01:08:29 PM »
I expect he will see it as job done. Gained control of a football club for virtually no money yet walk away years later with over £100m in profit, I expect he'll either retire or move on to something else as he wont be able to do what he has here with another club.
I imagine West Brom are not Peace's only business/asset, it's extremely rare that successful businessmen have one investment, I'm sure he'll already have millions in stocks/bonds, property and other physical businesses' we're not aware of. I imagine he'll have some sort of mega-investment fund to live off nicely for the rest of his days...not bad for a boy from Smethwick!

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2015, 08:30:27 PM »
We aren't floated, so forget the stock exchange.

Fair enough, my point being that leaks about the buyer aren't going to happen.

merson94

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
I for one would be very happy if someone wants to buy the us and invest heavily to make us progress as a club. However, I'm very much the believer that a club should be British run (Being a bit of purist). I've always said I'd have much less love for our club if we went American, Chinese or Arab. I've always been proud that Albion is run by an Englishman, not only English but from the area as well, how rare is that! and has predominantly stuck to British managers. Going foreign could seriously damage the heritage of this club and is something I personally wouldn't be that happy with
EAT MY GOOOOAAALLLLL

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
I for one would be very happy if someone wants to buy the us and invest heavily to make us progress as a club. However, I'm very much the believer that a club should be British run (Being a bit of purist). I've always said I'd have much less love for our club if we went American, Chinese or Arab. I've always been proud that Albion is run by an Englishman, not only English but from the area as well, how rare is that! and has predominantly stuck to British managers. Going foreign could seriously damage the heritage of this club and is something I personally wouldn't be that happy with
our starting line up next season won't contain more than 2 foreign players I reckon, bold statement but can see it being true and I like that to be honest very rare nowadays for a team to be that home grown.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2015, 11:16:40 PM »

Billy Bassett would turn in his grave. He wouldn't even tolerate Scots.  ;D

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #623 on: June 21, 2015, 08:03:49 AM »
I've heard things are really slow and may not happen at all now. Hence us moving on with signing players like mcClean. It appears peace is here to stay.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #624 on: June 21, 2015, 08:38:41 AM »
I've heard things are really slow and may not happen at all now. Hence us moving on with signing players like mcClean. It appears peace is here to stay.

Who have you heard that off mate? Any idea what seems to be slowing it?