Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2367158 times)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #550 on: June 16, 2015, 09:32:01 PM »
One think Fernandes had to deal with was 'Arry spunking his money up the wall. I don't think that would happen here
Pulis spunked ALOT of the Coates fortune while at Stoke, didn't exactly get very far doing it either.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06:33 PM »
You cannot read anything into the takeover from us signing a player or not. The summer's business is in train the budget is set and will be part of the due diligence process and any purchaser will be buying us on that basis. I really hope any new owners let things run their course regardless of what they are planning longer term the absolute worst thing they can do is walk through the door and start throwing money around in the last few weeks of the window. 

Ask yourself what would Fernades do in this situation ? You then pray your owner does the opposite.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #552 on: June 17, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
Pulis spunked ALOT of the Coates fortune while at Stoke, didn't exactly get very far doing it either.

He spent that money to turn Stoke from a mid table Championship club into a solid mid table Premier League club. And of the squad he left, 7 players have been regular starters in the new managers team 2 whole seasons later.

Bet365 have made record profits year on year since it's inception. So Pulis spunked none of Coates' personal money. It was all excess profit from that company...

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #553 on: June 17, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
I think a deal is definitely close to being struck, if nothing was close Peace would have come out by now and said he is staying put like he said he would at the end of May, that he hasn’t suggests something significant is in the offing.
"This crack is really moreish."

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #554 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
I agree. If there weren't clear signs that something was still happening behind the scenes it wouldn't have dragged on so long with no comment from Peace.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #555 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:05 AM »
I think a deal is definitely close to being struck, if nothing was close Peace would have come out by now and said he is staying put like he said he would at the end of May, that he hasn’t suggests something significant is in the offing.

also would explain letting sponsor go to Villa and delay of new home shirt launch/sponsor announcement. Expect new owner's business to be shirt sponsor.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: June 17, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »
He spent that money to turn Stoke from a mid table Championship club into a solid mid table Premier League club. And of the squad he left, 7 players have been regular starters in the new managers team 2 whole seasons later.

Bet365 have made record profits year on year since it's inception. So Pulis spunked none of Coates' personal money. It was all excess profit from that company...

Setting aside Pulis's track record in the transfer market which is mixed between 2006 and 2013 Stoke had a cumulative loss of £65m (a lot of which was a hefty net transfer spend) how on earth is that not Coates family money regardless of where it came from? If they hadn't spent it on Stoke City then it is theirs to buy yachts or whatever other baubles multi millionaires buy these days.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #557 on: June 17, 2015, 12:53:01 PM »
As far as their business goes £65m is not too bad (as crazy as that sounds!) They're spending around £50m at the moment erecting a brand new building. And over the last few years they have apparently paid out £200m to several charities in the midlands.

Denise is worth over a billion. John is set to be worth £800m with Peter bringing up the rear with £750m.

Peter is the football fanatic and he wanted Stoke to be a force in the top league in his lifetime. He's 77 now so you could say he's lived his dream. Denise and John are not as bothered about football, so a lot of people think the purse strings have been cut to make the club more sellable if/when Peter passes away.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #558 on: June 17, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »
Just because they are constructing a £50M building doesn't mean a £65M loss is good.  By the way I've seen many people ask you this but you fail to answer, would you have Pulis back at Stoke?
"This crack is really moreish."

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #559 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »
Even though there is usually a deafening silence this time of year from the Shrine, which frustrates the hell out of all of us and leads to all sorts of speculation and conspiracy theories, especially as the press don't bother with us as a "little" club, further opening the gates of fan paranoia, I think that something is happening behind the scenes this time, that is significant.

We usually don't release the kit until very late June, early July anyway, and our sponsorship deals are usually last minute or not at all....but something smells different this time.....suspect a major announcement imminent....and it wont be Tony Pulis trans-gendering into Antonia Pulis.....mind you..."Call me Antonia" has a ring to it.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #560 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:45 PM »
Just because they are constructing a £50M building doesn't mean a £65M loss is good.  By the way I've seen many people ask you this but you fail to answer, would you have Pulis back at Stoke?

If I was the hirer and firer I would pick him up from Smethwick myself  :)

BaggieBeef

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #561 on: June 17, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
As far as their business goes £65m is not too bad (as crazy as that sounds!) They're spending around £50m at the moment erecting a brand new building. And over the last few years they have apparently paid out £200m to several charities in the midlands.

Denise is worth over a billion. John is set to be worth £800m with Peter bringing up the rear with £750m.

Peter is the football fanatic and he wanted Stoke to be a force in the top league in his lifetime. He's 77 now so you could say he's lived his dream. Denise and John are not as bothered about football, so a lot of people think the purse strings have been cut to make the club more sellable if/when Peter passes away.

Stokelad,

Just a heads up, John Coates is a football nut and was Stoke home/away long before they reached the Promised Land.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #562 on: June 17, 2015, 11:34:09 PM »
Not one to name drop, but can verifify with Olbury if necessary. Was with a certain person within the scouting network yesterday who has  'apparently' been advised to cool off the scouting and 'watch list' for while - as it may be possible that we could be able to look at players above the expected budget?! Now that depends of course on what the budget was - but it does perhaps suggest that our finances may me likely to change soon?!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #563 on: June 17, 2015, 11:40:10 PM »
Call me a "stick in the mud", but it certainly wouldn't harm us if JP was still in charge for the new season.
He could be tempted to open his purse and show interested parties just how good an investment we would be.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:38 AM »
Not one to name drop, but can verifify with Olbury if necessary. Was with a certain person within the scouting network yesterday who has  'apparently' been advised to cool off the scouting and 'watch list' for while - as it may be possible that we could be able to look at players above the expected budget?! Now that depends of course on what the budget was - but it does perhaps suggest that our finances may me likely to change soon?!
I hope this is true, but the fact that McLean seems a done deal might suggest not, unfortunately.  :(

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #565 on: June 18, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »
I do have faith JP will get it right - eventually. It is absolutely agonising as a supporter though being in the dark!

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #566 on: June 18, 2015, 12:27:17 PM »
Not in anyway getting impatient but did JP say 2 or 3 months ago that he wanted any deal confirmed by a certain date so as to not interfere with pre-season training and player recruitment? If so was he specific on that date?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #567 on: June 18, 2015, 12:29:34 PM »
Call me a "stick in the mud", but it certainly wouldn't harm us if JP was still in charge for the new season.
He could be tempted to open his purse and show interested parties just how good an investment we would be.

I'm with you regarding JP, but I do feel, as we've heard very little that he will sell before the start of the season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #568 on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:40 PM »

Obviously I cannot contradict what you have heard, but it would strike me as a very nieve thing to do.
If a deal to purchase fell through and no business had been undertaken we would be left very exposed. I cannot see JP allowing that to happen. Just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:21:58 PM by OldburyWBA »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #569 on: June 19, 2015, 01:37:11 PM »
For what's worth on a rival site and from a Moderator, it is claimed that a deal has been done with the Chinese guy. Could of course just be an unproven rumour.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2015, 02:38:42 PM »
For what's worth on a rival site and from a Moderator, it is claimed that a deal has been done with the Chinese guy. Could of course just be an unproven rumour.

Hey Behave :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

Hey Behave :)
Glyn the quote before is correct some mod from another site as said it is a done deal.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »
Glyn the quote before is correct some mod from another site as said it is a done deal.

So it's deffinatley the Chinese? Sorry for being dim here, I just want to clarify.

Not sure how I feel about that? With FFFP in affect we'd be better off with JP I think. But I guess it was going to happen eventually?

Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
So it's deffinatley the Chinese? Sorry for being dim here, I just want to clarify.

Not sure how I feel about that? With FFFP in affect we'd be better off with JP I think. But I guess it was going to happen eventually?
No one knows who what's going on really. It is all speculation at the moment.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

matth

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2015, 04:35:58 PM »
can you say what site that was on?