Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349385 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
The guy on Twitter has just admitted he's winding the fans up. Oh well none us are suprised. Must be a wolves or villa fan on the wind up!

I insinuated as much but had my comment removed ;D

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
I insinuated as much but had my comment removed ;D

Comment you had removed was going on about seal fans and led to more pointless posts which also got removed as they added nothing to the actual topic, was nothing to do with whether the whole thing was a wind up or not.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »
Comment you had removed was going on about seal fans and led to more pointless posts which also got removed as they added nothing to the actual topic, was nothing to do with whether the whole thing was a wind up or not.

Ok. Fair enough

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2015, 02:19:33 PM »
Although the link to the Chinese was always somewhat laughable I find it strange there has been no whispers at all to the identity of whoever is interested, if anyone. I'm fully expecting a release soon saying price could not be agreed etc. I'm not sure if this really has ever been on.

I think the price being banded around of 150 million pounds seems a bit high in my opinion. It wasn't that long ago when I think I recall a valuation of 50-80 million. Using this Chinese guy's 20% investment in Atletico Madrid equating to around 34 million pounds at the time, that would put the club's value at only a little bit more than the price JP apparently is seeking. In no way can we be compared to a club with the status of Atletico.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »
Yes but we aren't comparing things in the traditional way . Simple question is how much money is there in the Spanish leagues compared to our own . And at the end of this season the increase in TV revenue is amazing . That's why old JP is interested in a sale .

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2015, 03:29:27 PM »
Yes but we aren't comparing things in the traditional way . Simple question is how much money is there in the Spanish leagues compared to our own . And at the end of this season the increase in TV revenue is amazing . That's why old JP is interested in a sale .

Yes I was thinking that the TV money has inflated the price but to virtually double on a valuation not that long ago still seems unrealistic to me.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2015, 03:34:48 PM »
So what are we to believe now? Reports have said that the Australian and American bidders have dropped out. Is that true. If so is anyone left in? Is a deal in the pipeline or will it still be business as usual under Mr. Peace?

A takeover would be nice especially if someone can push us a bit further than Jezza.

On the other hand we have never been in debt with Jezza, and are making steady progress as a club.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know, but then again a devil with money is more tempting.  :)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2015, 03:40:18 PM »
So what are we to believe now? Reports have said that the Australian and American bidders have dropped out. Is that true. If so is anyone left in? Is a deal in the pipeline or will it still be business as usual under Mr. Peace?

A takeover would be nice especially if someone can push us a bit further than Jezza.

On the other hand we have never been in debt with Jezza, and are making steady progress as a club.

Sometimes it's better the devil you know, but then again a devil with money is more tempting.  :)

Those reports were from that fake account.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Yes i know, but how much was false?
Have the Yanks and Aussies pulled out?

Last anyone heard officially from the club was that two bidders were in discussion about a takeover and were being shown around the place.

Silence ever since.

The PR at B17 is very poor to say the least.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »
That should read B71 not a Flying Fortress.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #410 on: June 07, 2015, 03:59:28 PM »
Take over rumours are not PR they are rumours.
The Albion in recent years, quite rightly, have almost never had anything to say about anything unless the details were signed, sealed and delivered and that ranges from transfers, kit and kit sponsors, new tea lady or new owners.
Chill out a little, relax and enjoy the football free summer  8) and what will be will be.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #411 on: June 07, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
I think the price being banded around of 150 million pounds seems a bit high in my opinion. It wasn't that long ago when I think I recall a valuation of 50-80 million. Using this Chinese guy's 20% investment in Atletico Madrid equating to around 34 million pounds at the time, that would put the club's value at only a little bit more than the price JP apparently is seeking. In no way can we be compared to a club with the status of Atletico.

Atheltico have a turnover of roughly £150m (but only in a season when they have Champions League football) compared to ours which for the same period was £86m. They operate at a loss which is balanced by the sale of their best players which is an obvious threat to their champions league status which is worth about £30m a year. In addition there is more than £100m of accumulated debt sitting on the balance sheet.

On the other hand we operate at a profit have no debt are not selling our better players to meet our operating expenses. In addition our turnover is set to go to go up by approximately £30m provided we hold onto Premier League status.

Albion's sale price is less than twice turnover (1.75 times) which reflects the financial health of the club Althletico's is 1.17 times turnover which again reflects the relative financial strength of the club. 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:17:50 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #412 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:34 PM »
Succinctly put standaman . Are you JP in disguise ?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #413 on: June 07, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
Chill out Frank?

I am a Baggie, we aren't used to chilling out even if we are winning 3-0.  ;)

stsbatl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2015, 08:02:01 PM »
Asxfar as i know the Aussie bid is still alive and kicking.......

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2015, 08:10:28 PM »
The rumours are getting a tad out of control now.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #416 on: June 07, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »
All will be revealed one way or another.
We poor mortals have no control, so sit back and enjoy the ride.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #417 on: June 07, 2015, 10:50:51 PM »
Atheltico have a turnover of roughly £150m (but only in a season when they have Champions League football) compared to ours which for the same period was £86m. They operate at a loss which is balanced by the sale of their best players which is an obvious threat to their champions league status which is worth about £30m a year. In addition there is more than £100m of accumulated debt sitting on the balance sheet.

On the other hand we operate at a profit have no debt are not selling our better players to meet our operating expenses. In addition our turnover is set to go to go up by approximately £30m provided we hold onto Premier League status.

Albion's sale price is less than twice turnover (1.75 times) which reflects the financial health of the club Althletico's is 1.17 times turnover which again reflects the relative financial strength of the club.

Good research Standaman. My comparison was purely on the status of each club ignoring the financial details that you have dug out.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »
I've heard that an American group are most likely to take over. Only rumours though.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2015, 01:32:25 PM »
I've heard that an American group are most likely to take over. Only rumours though.
We'll be re-named the West Bromwich Throstlers

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2015, 01:34:29 PM »
We'll be re-named the West Bromwich Throstlers

More like The Sandwell Eagles  ::)
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

stsbatl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2015, 03:29:00 PM »
...and I've been told the Australians are most likely. Gotta love the rumour mill.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2015, 03:40:52 PM »
...and I've been told the Australians are most likely. Gotta love the rumour mill.
That's what I heard yesterday but then I heard it was a mega rich Malaysian / Australian guy who makes the Chelsea Russian guy Abramocich  look poor. When asked for the source of this info the chap has not come back to me. Looks like another bull pooh story.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #423 on: June 08, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »
Succinctly put standaman . Are you JP in disguise ?

No. He's Spartacus. So am I.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »
It's a Chinese-American-Malaysian-Thai consortium headed up by a Russian  :P
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !