Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2364026 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #250 on: May 04, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
What happens with regards to out of contract players we are supposedly interested in i.e. Sako? If we have to wait until the end of the month then I'm sure players like this will be off elsewhere.

Typically contracts do not expire to the end of June and therefore new ones don't start until 1st July ,therefore  providing we are in a position to make contract offers by the end of May it is not an issue.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: May 06, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else think we could get a potential buyer from India based on the club's stated aim of strengthening links there and the fact Peace is apparently speaking to potential buyers from Asia? It's got huge 'untapped'  potential for the marketing for football generally so could appeal to the money men?

The delegation at the Hawthorns today just made me put 2+2 to together to probably get 25!?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: May 06, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else think we could get a potential buyer from India based on the club's stated aim of strengthening links there and the fact Peace is apparently speaking to potential buyers from Asia? It's got huge 'untapped'  potential for the marketing for football generally so could appeal to the money men?

The delegation at the Hawthorns today just made me put 2+2 to together to probably get 25!?

Allegedly, the potential buyers doing due diligence, are from China, Australia or USA, but I agree,JP does seem to be courting India & as one of the top emerging nations, it would make sense for a buyer to be coming from that part of the world.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: May 06, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »
Allegedly, the potential buyers doing due diligence, are from China, Australia or USA, but I agree,JP does seem to be courting India & as one of the top emerging nations, it would make sense for a buyer to be coming from that part of the world.

China, Australia, US or India. That narrows it down to about a third of the worlds population!  :P

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2015, 09:55:24 AM »
China, Australia, US or India. That narrows it down to about a third of the worlds population!  :P

On that basis, its bound to be yet another Russian !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »
I see that Villa are in talks with a consortium led by Paul Smith (ex-Chelsea director) and Tony Adams re a £150m takeover.

Wonder if they are also in the frame to buy us?

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »
I see that Villa are in talks with a consortium led by Paul Smith (ex-Chelsea director) and Tony Adams re a £150m takeover.

Wonder if they are also in the frame to buy us?

I hope not, Adams is going to be director of football and I can't see that working well with TP. We've just got rid of that structure and got settled, mind you it'd be typical Albion to want to change again just as we started going in the right direction  :-*

CovBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
I hope not, Adams is going to be director of football and I can't see that working well with TP. We've just got rid of that structure and got settled, mind you it'd be typical Albion to want to change again just as we started going in the right direction  :-*

We haven't got rid of any structure. Terry Burton is still in charge of recruitment.

What has changed is that Pulis is more involved with the scouting and identifying of players, working with Merv. Burton and Garlick dot the I's and cross the T's.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
We haven't got rid of any structure. Terry Burton is still in charge of recruitment.

What has changed is that Pulis is more involved with the scouting and identifying of players, working with Merv. Burton and Garlick dot the I's and cross the T's.
Yep, TP merely has more authority, the structure remains however.

I would NOT want Adams anywhere near my club though, he is an alcoholic.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
Well, now it's a done deal that we will kick off next season in the prem any takers to JP offer of sale should
now become more apparent to us who they are.

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »
Just heard on BBC that Uefa to relax financial fair play rules from next season, will that help or hinder JP's sale

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »
Just heard on BBC that Uefa to relax financial fair play rules from next season, will that help or hinder JP's sale
I wouldn't have thought it would hinder any potential sale, but more importantly it would let any buyer inject money into the club I think.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2015, 07:53:54 PM »
Apparently, into nights programme the following message from JP appears.

West Brom edge towards sale

West Bromwich Albion chairman Jeremy Peace has revealed potential new owners have entered due diligence ahead of a potential sale of the Premier League club.

In what he admits could be his final message as owner of the club, Peace - writing in the matchday programnme ahead of Monday night's game against Chelsea - has pledged to avoid a 'long-running saga' if he opts to sell his majority stake.

Peace was at pains to point out that he does not expect any takeover to affect Tony Pulis' position or the club's summer transfer business.

The potential buyers are believed to be from the Far East and the United States, with Peace wanting a deal in place in principle in the next fortnight.

Peace said: "Since announcing in February that I was taking the club to the investment market, I am sure you have read media speculation about interested parties in contact over a possible purchase.

"That process remains on-going and as of this moment, those parties are conducting due diligence on the club.
But let me once again stress that I do not intend this to become a long-running saga which could become counter-productive to our preparations for next season.

"Indeed, those preparations are now underway with a progressive dialogue over targets for the summer.
It is also right to say that, in the discussions that I have conducted with those parties, there is a uniform view about committing to the management model which I believe has served the club so well.

"In short, if there is a change of ownership, the transition should be smooth and devoid of upheaval. Business will continue as normal.

"As things stand, I do not know if this will be my last Hawthorns game as chairman, but I am proud of the fact that when everyone returns next August, Albion will be going into its sixth successive Premier League campaign and the 10th since I became chairman.

"I believe we have made good progress during those years but our beloved old club faces more and even greater challenges in the future."

http://www.football365.com/west-bromwich-albion/9855800/West-Brom-edge-closer-to-sale?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2015, 10:18:32 PM »
Interesting to hear TP post match say he's got long term plans for the Albion and hopes to have the chance to try to put them in place and JP says in his end of season message that TP might not get all of the players he wants in the summer and it's a work in progress.

Am I being paranoid or are they laying the foundations for a parting of the ways?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 10:26:19 PM by fatboy_coach »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2015, 10:24:14 PM »
TP did seem very awkward about committing, however with his boss intimating he could be leaving, is it that surprising??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2015, 10:35:54 PM »
No manager that isn't bankrolled by a multi billionaire can guarantee he'll get all the players he wants. That's a cautionary 'bare with' message I don't believe has any real negative connotations. It's an unknown situation at the moment and in the future so I'd prefer a more muted response to it and hope for the best.

Heck 'I have long term plans for Albion' is the only part of that I'd read into.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2015, 10:44:26 PM »
The shortest after match media interview. I hope he's got a flight he doesn't want to miss.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2015, 01:02:28 AM »
Obviously chairman says Pulis might not get every player he wants allied to a short post match interview means the manager is on the verge of quitting  :o

In all seriousness Peace's statement says that all the potential buyers are committed to business as usual and I don't think the takeover if it happens will make very much difference in the short term.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2015, 02:26:39 AM »
The potential for a takeover is quite unsettling. It seems pretty clear that its consortiums after us to run us as a business. Which they're unlikely to do as well as Peace even if they have good intentions, and at worst could be an interference who cause a lot of trouble like the Venky's at Blackburn as well as numerous others. Being a good chairman is a pretty difficult job. You can see with Morgan at Wolves how someone with completely good intentions and their heart in the right place can still make a real mess of things.

Hopefully whoever takes over will keep us financially much the way we are without squeezing our budget to milk the television money, and leaves the football matters in the hands of football people, which really was the turning point for Peace and us being a yo-yo club.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2015, 06:27:06 AM »
The potential for a takeover is quite unsettling. It seems pretty clear that its consortiums after us to run us as a business. Which they're unlikely to do as well as Peace even if they have good intentions, and at worst could be an interference who cause a lot of trouble like the Venky's at Blackburn as well as numerous others. Being a good chairman is a pretty difficult job. You can see with Morgan at Wolves how someone with completely good intentions and their heart in the right place can still make a real mess of things.

Hopefully whoever takes over will keep us financially much the way we are without squeezing our budget to milk the television money, and leaves the football matters in the hands of football people, which really was the turning point for Peace and us being a yo-yo club.

Hopefully whoever takes over offers JP a job!
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »
I wouldn't have thought it would hinder any potential sale, but more importantly it would let any buyer inject money into the club I think.

Aren't the UEFA FFP rules just to cover European competitions and nothing to do with the domestic leagues?

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2015, 11:09:48 PM »
Aren't the UEFA FFP rules just to cover European competitions and nothing to do with the domestic leagues?

good question, i think they are similar and if you want to play in Europe you have to adhere to them. but it does beg the question if they are the same why didnt city get fined by the PL or FA or is it all just left to UEFA.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
After further research the rules are similar however the PL permit a bigger loss
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
The proposed relaxing of the UEFA rules would bring them more in line with the Premier League rules. However in terms of the takeover it makes very little difference, the sugar daddy model is dead, nobody is remotely interested in throwing millions at a football club in a vague hope of turning a pigs ear into a silk purse. Equally ffp has stopped owners racking up massive operating losses and propping up the balance sheet with debt and therefore the most destructive type of ownership has been greatly curtailed.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2015, 10:06:40 AM »
unofficial deadline looming.

Do we expect a public statement from Mr Peace on May 31st if bets are off?

Can we assume silence suggests wheels are in motion?