Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2229650 times)

baggie53, Topman, iwastherein68 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8125 on: August 19, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
I stand corrected,the Misfits it is  :D

It was a good guess AF

An acquired taste I know but I love the logo .....

and it sums the vile up nicely.
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8126 on: August 19, 2019, 01:08:21 PM »
As an aside to my ongoing merriment over his run of Prem' defeats (20 and counting) I think Greasy Jack's a decent player and feel there's much more to come from him. Detestable traits and sides to his game such as diving and moaning aside he knows how to play football and should have a good career. He has good movement off the ball, good vision, he's technically sound and has provided decent chances this season which haven't been converted. Could do with attending a falls clinic for those chronic issues with balance and still a Viler tw@t at heart though. Begrudging acknowledgement that Villa have an improving asset on their hands. The w@nkers.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8127 on: August 19, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
As an aside to my ongoing merriment over his run of Prem' defeats (20 and counting) I think Greasy Jack's a decent player and feel there's much more to come from him. Detestable traits and sides to his game such as diving and moaning aside he knows how to play football and should have a good career. He has good movement off the ball, good vision, he's technically sound and has provided decent chances this season which haven't been converted. Could do with attending a falls clinic for those chronic issues with balance and still a Viler tw@t at heart though. Begrudging acknowledgement that Villa have an improving asset on their hands. The w@nkers.

Sadly Dan you are right. He is a good player and with the right coach and club could be something quite special. This year in the Premier league will do him no harm whatsoever.

Still cant stand him though.........
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8128 on: August 19, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
Sadly Dan you are right. He is a good player and with the right coach and club could be something quite special. This year in the Premier league will do him no harm whatsoever.

Still cant stand him though.........

Chelsea should be in for him as a like for like replacement for Hazard imo
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8129 on: August 19, 2019, 01:22:40 PM »
Chelsea should be in for him as a like for like replacement for Hazard imo

Let's not get carried away...

Hazard
Coutinho
Alli
Grealish
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8130 on: August 19, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »

Let's not get carried away..........

Agreed, levels.

And a transfer ban for Chelsea, oops.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8131 on: August 19, 2019, 01:35:42 PM »

I kind of agree - he could easily end up at somewhere like Spurs/Liverpool and flourish.
At the same time I remember there was also once a lot of hope on Andros Townsend who turned out to be a solid PL player and nothing more, hopefully Grealish is no better.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8132 on: August 19, 2019, 01:59:33 PM »
Grealish is like a downgraded version of Wilshere, at his best perhaps capable of featuring for a mid-table Prem side, but nothing more. Along with McGinn they are their two best players, which I fancy simply won't be enough to save them from the drop.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8133 on: August 19, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »
The twats, never heard of them
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8134 on: August 19, 2019, 02:20:59 PM »
Grealish is a flat track bully. Effective in the Championship where he finds it more comfortable but doesn't affect games in the Premier League, he's not brave enough on the ball for a start. If you're the type of player he is you have to make things happen and have a major influence on games, he doesn't do that.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8135 on: August 19, 2019, 02:37:39 PM »
Yup.
As a previous poster said...
Just Grealish.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8136 on: August 19, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »
Much as I hate to say it, there is a footballer in her.

It's the close ball control that draws fouls, hence my comparison the Hazard,but I should have made clear and clarified I don't think he is anywhere near the quality of Hazard, but who knows, with a good coach and better players round him, he might event break his losing sequence  :D :o 8)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8137 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:22 PM »
Grealish is a flat track bully. Effective in the Championship where he finds it more comfortable but doesn't affect games in the Premier League, he's not brave enough on the ball for a start. If you're the type of player he is you have to make things happen and have a major influence on games, he doesn't do that.
“Flat track bully” is a weird phrase?

He’s ok at football,nothing special,but not rubbish.
He won’t have enough to keep them up and it won’t be long before their global fan base turns
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8138 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:57 PM »
“Flat track bully” is a weird phrase?

He’s ok at football,nothing special,but not rubbish.
He won’t have enough to keep them up and it won’t be long before their global fan base turns
it's a cricket phrase, a batsmen who can get alot of runs when the ground is flat and the bounce is predictable and easy, but later they are shown up against better players when the ground roughens up and reaction and skill are more important.

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8139 on: August 19, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »
A better player wouldn't always be looking for a foul with their back to goal. They would look to beat their man more often, stay on their feet and drive at the opposition to open up spaces.

Too often Jack takes the easy option of winning a free kick. Decent footballer who stands out in the championship but just an average player in that league.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8140 on: August 19, 2019, 09:57:34 PM »
it's a cricket phrase, a batsmen who can get alot of runs when the ground is flat and the bounce is predictable and easy, but later they are shown up against better players when the ground roughens up and reaction and skill are more important.

Close enough.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8141 on: August 19, 2019, 10:14:26 PM »
Been saying it for a few years now I’d take James Maddison every day of the week over Grealish, he’l score & assist more than the greasy one this season whilst practically been 2 years younger. I’d also take McGinn over Grealish given the choice.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8142 on: August 20, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »
Saw a Villa fan on twitter mention they should get rid of Smith if they lose this weekend and target Mourinho as he is capable of taking that squad to a top 6 finish.  :o

And they wonder why many people detest them.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8143 on: August 20, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
Just asked a vile fan at work who the best player in their team is. He said McGinn.

So let me get this right, you have just spent £125m on players and you have not bought anyone better than a player you had in your team last year?
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8144 on: August 20, 2019, 11:36:52 AM »
Just asked a vile fan at work who the best player in their team is. He said McGinn.

So let me get this right, you have just spent £125m on players and you have not bought anyone better than a player you had in your team last year?

I've said this all along. £26.5million on Mings is absolute madness. He was there last season so no improvement made. They've signed Wesley to replace Abraham and he's probably no better. £22 million or whatever it was so that's the best part of £50 million spent and no improvement. Matt Target £14 million on a distinctly average left back. Konsa from Brentford for £12m, when we signed Ajayi for £1.5m - £2m. Some of the business they've done is absolutely shocking.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8145 on: August 31, 2019, 05:16:18 PM »
Had Trézéguet sent off at Palace.
Then to make things worse...
Grealish was adjudged by Kevin Friend (the ref) to have dived, just as  the ball trickled into Palace's net.
Vile lot lost 1-0

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8146 on: August 31, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »
Take Norwich out of the frame and the prem table is looking very nice tonight

Dingles
Vile
Naarwich
Wetford
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8147 on: August 31, 2019, 07:54:30 PM »
VAR controversy sparks angry scenes at Selhurst Park as Aston Villa are denied equaliser

Shame that  :P
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8148 on: August 31, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Some might say that's karma for being known to fall over very easily at any opportunity to gain a foul on behalf of your team.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8149 on: August 31, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »
I've loved today. Grealish, what a flipping nancy boy.

So pleased for Roy too.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music