Author Topic: Messi and Human Growth Hormone treatment, what are folks views on this?  (Read 3502 times)

Rich99

Messi and Human Growth Hormone treatment, what are folks views on this?

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

He lacked a growth hormone. His club couldn´t afford the treatment, Barca took him on...not a bad result, me thinks. Shame about other sufferers,...but life sucks. There are worse disabilities with no cure. I´m sure he knows how fortunate he is.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Perrybarrbaggy

I believe he was very weak, and under developed .. Its the opposite to what andre the giant did to prevent him from becoming ill ..

Its a steroid i believe, but steroids can be used for health benefits .. In thiscase, it helped messi fulfill his potential, he would have been a foot shorter had he not had the treatment

The argentinan club couldnt afford it, lucky fot messi, his talent meant that barce saw $150k treatment a year for his health bein justified because of jis ability .. Glad they did so

Though the board almost ruined the transfer by refusing to offer him school boy terms originally, as they had a fued with a coach and scout who worked with bringing messi over.. His first pre agreement being signed on a cafe napkin!

Or does messi still use it today!

Rich99

Perrybarrbaggy

Why the question mark ?

A lot of people seem to have a zero tolerance on steroid use, its an argument ive seen a lot, that any steroid in sport is wrong

Rich99

Why the question mark ?

A lot of people seem to have a zero tolerance on steroid use, its an argument ive seen a lot, that any steroid in sport is wrong

Sorry, apologies, a poor response from me.

Personally I find the whole thing a little questionable.  Without the use of this treatment it's highly unlikely he'd be the footballer he is today.  He's strikingly strong for his size, quick and not that injury prone.   In my opinion the treatment clearly plays a part in what he can do on the field today. 

There's got to be an argument about performance enhancement in there somewhere.

I suppose the counter argument is that it was a doctor who advised it for his own good.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:18:36 AM by Rich99 »

Perrybarrbaggy

Mate, i can imagine messi is on a strength program, hence why hes so strong .. Look at wilshere, quite small in size but he's a real challenger

Its not like he's vidic strong

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Sorry, apologies, a poor response from me.

Personally I find the whole thing a little questionable.  Without the use of this treatment it's highly unlikely he'd be the footballer he is today.  He's strikingly strong for his size, quick and not that injury prone.   In my opinion the treatment clearly plays a part in what he can do on the field today. 

There's got to be an argument about performance enhancement in there somewhere.

I suppose the counter argument is that it was a doctor who advised it for his own good.

i agree with this.....

.........but if he was english then all would be fine  ;D
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Is he still having it?

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

i think this is quite a grey area actually. on one hand there is the argument that messi the player has been manufactured by the use of hormone treatment and if his body had been left to develop on it's own he wouldn't be anything like the player he is today.

the other argument is that the treatment has allowed him to reach the potential that he had.

i think that seeing as he is the only known case of receieving this treatment kind of shows that it isn't classed as cheating and that he had the footballing talent in the first place otherwise clubs would be doing it with a lot of other players if it improved them

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Bryan Robson had to grow a few feet taller and stronger its in one of his books, all they put him on was roast dinners

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Bryan Robson had to grow a few feet taller and stronger its in one of his books, all they put him on was roast dinners
Bloody hell how short was he then??  :P :o
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten