Author Topic: Coronavirus Thread - Games resuming 20 June - CLUB RELATED ONLY  (Read 267430 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

When Bury went bust it was said that there were probably 10-15 clubs all on a knife edge.  If true, this unexpected interruption could well push a few over, as its likely to with a number of organisations.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

I pretty sure that even playing games behind closed doors will attract 1,000's of fans to the stadium
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

I pretty sure that even playing games behind closed doors will attract 1,000's of fans to the stadium

I'm pretty sure if that happens, the season will be suspended.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

yes totally agree all games should as of now be played behind closed doors for a period of time
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:31:21 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

Well if they play all the matches behind closed doors then they should ban them on TV or else fans will just congregate at the pubs to watch them.  Or will they close the pubs as well !!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Well if they play all the matches behind closed doors then they should ban them on TV or else fans will just congregate at the pubs to watch them.  Or will they close the pubs as well !!
I believe the idea is to not allow pubs to show the games but you know what us supporters is like where there's a will there's a way and I'n definitely not going to be paying a broadcaster to watch a game I have already paid to watch with my season ticket
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

To try and hear the players shouting to each other from the east stand car park?

Still more atmosphere than Villa Park.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

Hmmmmm just musing aloud and not wishing to sound churlish but if I miss the last few home games due to being locked out do I get an equivalent discount on next seasons season ticket?
I assume that similarly if locked out a refund is due to me on the two away match and travel tickets sitting in my wallet ATM?
Be a bit daft to buy away tickets and travel for anything else going forward until the situation is clarified
Fresh thought now I'm on a roll, could the cup final be played behind closed doors?
It's also going to be very difficult times for those smaller clubs who need the income from the concessions as well as ticket sales
Fingers crossed for every one and everything but only after having washed them whilst humming 'happy birthday to me' a few times!
COYB 
PS for clarity and to answer the OP question, no it's not a threat its just that there is a good chance many/most/all of us won't be there to enjoy it in person
PPS There is an assumption here that only supporters can catch or transmit Covid 19 to others and that professional footballers or the support staff of a football club are somehow magically immune!
Regarding season tickets you will need to look at the terms and conditions.

Under these circumstances you would hope that clubs and supporters can work together amicably to sort something out. If not refunds, then something could carry over to next season.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

They need to give us some sort of compensation. Probably give us a free cup match next year !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Regarding season tickets you will need to look at the terms and conditions.

Under these circumstances you would hope that clubs and supporters can work together amicably to sort something out. If not refunds, then something could carry over to next season.

It's only rumours at the moment, but from what I read last night, ticket holders will be able to stream games foc. (Assume, using the ifollow stream).
Transmissions to pubs etc will not be available,
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

It's only rumours at the moment, but from what I read last night, ticket holders will be able to stream games foc. (Assume, using the ifollow stream).
Transmissions to pubs etc will not be available,

;D Really?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

;D Really?

:D Think how many pubs show games illegally now , nothing will change some pubs will still show the games

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

:D Think how many pubs show games illegally now , nothing will change some pubs will still show the games
And so they should. When we play, I’m usually the only f*cker in there anyway. 🤪
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

If the season gets suspended for a couple of weeks we might get Diangana back for a couple of extra games. 

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Schools and colleges in Ireland to close and Mclaren have withdrawn from the season opener in Australia
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

If they're going down this road, can't they just postpone the season until the virus is under control?

That must surely be better than playing behind closed doors.

I guess the FA and Premier League are only caring about themselves and have not taken into account the lower league clubs who depend on income from matchdays to survive.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

If they're going down this road, can't they just postpone the season until the virus is under control?

That must surely be better than playing behind closed doors.

I guess the FA and Premier League are only caring about themselves and have not taken into account the lower league clubs who depend on income from matchdays to survive.

If we all go down with Corona I would imagine the last thing on our minds will be the solvency of your local football club

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Hmmmmm just musing aloud and not wishing to sound churlish but if I miss the last few home games due to being locked out do I get an equivalent discount on next seasons season ticket? I assume that similarly if locked out a refund is due to me on the two away match and travel tickets sitting in my wallet ATM?..............

I was thinking about this the other day. If Mark Jenkins suddenly coughs and splutters it'll more likely be down to a coronary at the thought of the above as opposed to being infected with coronavirus. Genuinely unsure as to how this would work given club budgets and contracted liabilities/expenditures. I'd be amazed if players agreed to taking pay cuts in the eventuality of a lock down. Other club employees will also still need to be paid as their mortgages and car loans etc won't pay for themselves.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Can not see season finishing in May, player's will not I believe put their health at risk by being confined with team mates who could possibly have virus. Flue in the camp causes havoc this disease could kill you.
One or two games could be played behind closed doors but that's about it in my opinion, what they do after that is anyones guess.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Can not see season finishing in May, player's will not I believe put their health at risk by being confined with team mates who could possibly have virus. Flue in the camp causes havoc this disease could kill you.
One or two games could be played behind closed doors but that's about it in my opinion, what they do after that is anyones guess.
Exactly. Playing behind closed doors is only a solution until the players start to be affected which, let's face it, will inevitably happen before all games can be played.
Shut down now, play any outstanding games-in-hand, to ensure all teams have played the same amount, and call it a day. Wherever you are after that is where you finish the season. No-one can really moan because they've all had the same opportunity since August.

We go up with Leeds and the play-offs are delayed until later in the year.

Only downside is Villa would have a one-off game at home to Sheff Utd. to stay up and we all know how that goes!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Exactly. Playing behind closed doors is only a solution until the players start to be affected which, let's face it, will inevitably happen before all games can be played.
Shut down now, play any outstanding games-in-hand, to ensure all teams have played the same amount, and call it a day. Wherever you are after that is where you finish the season. No-one can really moan because they've all had the same opportunity since August.

We go up with Leeds and the play-offs are delayed until later in the year.

Only downside is Villa would have a one-off game at home to Sheff Utd. to stay up and we all know how that goes!
that could cause a lot of litigation with clubs that are in relagation zone and respective league's. More likely suspension for month or two then games played Saturday, Tuesday until fixtures are completed.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

quote from BBC

Brendan Rogers says a number of Leicester players have shown symptoms of coronavirus and have been “kept away from the squad”.

even closed doors won't cut it if the players can't play.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

quote from BBC

Brendan Rogers says a number of Leicester players have shown symptoms of coronavirus and have been “kept away from the squad”.

even closed doors won't cut it if the players can't play.

And my friend saw Harvey Barnes and Choudry with Barry, Livermore, HRK and Barry at Cheltenham yesterday.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

And my friend saw Harvey Barnes and Choudry with Barry, Livermore, HRK and Barry at Cheltenham yesterday.

Is that the Barry brothers?  8)