Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 443958 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1925 on: September 17, 2018, 09:50:06 PM »
But he's at the start of a 1 year deal plus another in his favour contract. Still find it hard to fathom how he got the second year in his favour. What odds on him starting a total of 20 games over that period ?
I don't think that the year in his favour means that he can just choose whether to stay for another year at the end of this season. I believe it means that if he plays a certain amount of games this season he can automatically trigger an extra year if he wants it, much like Barry did last season. Just got to hope that he doesn't trigger said clause.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1926 on: September 17, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »
I don't think that the year in his favour means that he can just choose whether to stay for another year at the end of this season. I believe it means that if he plays a certain amount of games this season he can automatically trigger an extra year if he wants it, much like Barry did last season. Just got to hope that he doesn't trigger said clause.
Yeah hopefully it is that and it would make more sense. I might be wrong but I have a bit of a recollection though that there might not be that sort of condition on it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1927 on: September 18, 2018, 05:28:01 AM »
Yeah hopefully it is that and it would make more sense. I might be wrong but I have a bit of a recollection though that there might not be that sort of condition on it.

Not very astute by the club if true with his injury record.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1928 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:36 PM »
Anyone know what is going on with Morrison? He's barely been in the conversation for the last few weeks - is he injured? He played 90 mins against Palace in the cup but don't think he's even been on the bench since.

Would love to see him back in the fold. Surely Moore would have him around the squad if he was fit?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1929 on: October 22, 2018, 10:53:19 PM »
I don’t know what’s happened to him but have resigned myself to the fact that we won’t see much of him again. I don’t think he should have been retained but that’s just my personal opinion.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1930 on: October 23, 2018, 12:26:37 AM »
Ridiculous decision to give him a contract.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1931 on: October 23, 2018, 06:57:08 AM »
Ridiculous decision to give him a contract.

I've said several times that we should have offloaded him 2 or 3 years ago. Still can't fathom out why the club gave him a new contract with his injury record and patchy performances on the pitch when fit.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1932 on: October 23, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »
He had picked up a slight injury but has been playing well for the U23's recently.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1933 on: October 23, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »
Bizarre decision to give him a new contract, I think he's available as someone above said, he has been playing for the under 23's.

He would surely give us a better option being on the bench.

Just out of curiosity, was his new contract 1 year or 2?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1934 on: October 23, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »
Bizarre decision to give him a new contract, I think he's available as someone above said, he has been playing for the under 23's.

He would surely give us a better option being on the bench.

Just out of curiosity, was his new contract 1 year or 2?

I believe it was a 1yr plus a 1 yr in his favour, but I might be wrong.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1935 on: October 23, 2018, 06:42:29 PM »
I believe it was a 1yr plus a 1 yr in his favour, but I might be wrong.
That's correct. Someone above mentioned that the extra year may be dependent on him making a certain number of appearances and if that's the case, he must already be struggling on that.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1936 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
Bone idle of Albion in the summer to give him a new contract - merely meant that we would not have to do any proper recruitment to replace him. Instead, we just kicked the can down the road and prayed he would be fit.

Morrison must not believe his luck. We've given a deal to someone who is constantly injured, rarely available for selection and whose last good performance must be knocking on two or more years ago.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1937 on: October 24, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »
He had picked up a slight injury but has been playing well for the U23's recently.

All well & good mukka but on his wages its his lack of 1st availability that's got me drunk off.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1938 on: November 10, 2018, 08:26:39 PM »
Morrison was good tonight.  Surely deserves a run of games after which he’ll get fitter after a fairly long period out.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1939 on: November 10, 2018, 08:30:42 PM »
Morrison was good tonight.  Surely deserves a run of games after which he’ll get fitter after a fairly long period out.

A fit focused James Morrison would be a difficult act to drop
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1940 on: November 10, 2018, 09:04:16 PM »
Had a solid without spectacular game today- but he gets about the park he bites ankles and is clam in possession. Hopefully he can keep up his form
O Albion we love you

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1941 on: November 10, 2018, 09:21:01 PM »
Funny we play a couple of centre mids in their correct position and do well

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1942 on: November 10, 2018, 09:47:35 PM »
Excellent against Leeds , has the ability to start moves and an eye for a key pass which others don't .
I thought he also played well against Blackburn in the middle , as shown at Hull his days of attacking pushes  behind the forward are gone.
Keep him fit , big asset.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1943 on: November 10, 2018, 09:51:53 PM »
Excellent against Leeds , has the ability to start moves and an eye for a key pass which others don't .
I thought he also played well against Blackburn in the middle , as shown at Hull his days of attacking pushes  behind the forward are gone.
Keep him fit , big asset.
I guess having Phillips breaking from midfield allows Morrison to sit and steer things a bit alongside Livermore. Midfield worked well tonight. I don't see it as a long term fix mainly because we know Morrison and Phillips will surely pick up injuries along the way.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1944 on: November 10, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
Bone idle of Albion in the summer to give him a new contract - merely meant that we would not have to do any proper recruitment to replace him. Instead, we just kicked the can down the road and prayed he would be fit.

Morrison must not believe his luck. We've given a deal to someone who is constantly injured, rarely available for selection and whose last good performance must be knocking on two or more years ago.
It’s all opinions but couldn’t disagree more, thought he looked very good in the 30 mins he had against Derby, was motm 3 days later versus Blackburn and looked excellent tonight. My opinion is I’m so glad you have no input in team selection. We need James Morrison involved in the first team if we are to stay in touch with promotion.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1945 on: November 10, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »
It’s all opinions but couldn’t disagree more, thought he looked very good in the 30 mins he had against Derby, was motm 3 days later versus Blackburn and looked excellent tonight. My opinion is I’m so glad you have no input in team selection. We need James Morrison involved in the first team if we are to stay in touch with promotion.
It's his fitness record that makes me agree that he shouldn't have been given a new contract. It doesn't mean he's rubbish and I'm pleased he's currently contributing....I hope he stays fit for the rest of the season but that's a long shot based on his fitness record over the last couple of years.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1946 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:39 PM »
Always been a good player and we missed him last season. I’m glad we kept him and didn’t understand some of the comments here. He’s in the first 11 in centre midfield.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1947 on: November 11, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »

He played very well yesterday, I agree.

I haven't called James Morrison a bad player - he's a very useful tool to have. My issue is one regarding his fitness. If he puts a run of games together then fantastic, but my suspicion is that he will break down in due course and we'll have to suffer watching Brunt in the middle instead

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1948 on: November 11, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »
I want him in the middle now when fit , he hasn't got the legs for the attacking role anymore . Let him pick passes from back there and he'll be fine.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1949 on: November 11, 2018, 09:46:05 PM »
He played very well yesterday, I agree.

I haven't called James Morrison a bad player - he's a very useful tool to have. My issue is one regarding his fitness. If he puts a run of games together then fantastic, but my suspicion is that he will break down in due course and we'll have to suffer watching Brunt in the middle instead

James Morrison isn't a bad player in fact on his day he is more than useful, he can be a game changer.
What he as always lacked is consistency now added with fitness issues he should have been let go at the end of last season if not before when Middlesbrough came in for him.