Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2230655 times)

the rainbow turn east

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
Villa will end up with "THE WOLLY WITH THE BROLLY"!!100% nailed on!!

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
They'l get Sparky at the end of the month

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
Villa will end up with "THE WOLLY WITH THE BROLLY"!!100% nailed on!!

I hope they don't, he'l do well for them. Good record at club level.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2011, 09:50:10 PM »
First and foremost well done to Roberto Martinez for showing abit of loyalty to Wigan. He could of easily jumped ship.

As for Villa, well!

FINALLY, someone showing a bit of loyalty in football!

Shame he didn't show the same kind of loyalty to Swansea - SORRY - forgot they are WELSH  :P

Maybe Wigan are his club after all - very refreshing to see that he is satisfied with what he's got and doesn't need to boost his personal ambitions, greed and ego by taking the easy option and moving onto bigger and better things - SORRY - forgot that it was VILLA  :P
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Rich99

« Reply #279 on: June 11, 2011, 04:37:55 AM »
As much as they are rivals, Villa are a big club so to speak, or should be, however, they look like a real poison chalice of a club to manage right now.  Unless they have something up their sleeve, if they can't even impress the manager of Wigan, things are not looking good for the coming season at all to say the least.

If they lose Young and Downing too, that's going to take a fair bit out of Bent's game. 

Villa down next year? Yes please. ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:41:11 AM by Rich99 »

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #280 on: June 11, 2011, 08:26:52 AM »
If they lose Young and Downing too, that's going to take a fair bit out of Bent's game. 

Villa down next year? Yes please. ;D

I've spoken to someone at Villa, and the Young deal is done. Young requested that nothing was announced until after his wedding (which is Sunday). However, the sun got hold of it and published the story. He will be gone in the next week or so I am sure.

Downing wants out as does Cuellar and a few others. Behind the scenes there are hugh problems and at the moment they are keeping a lid on it, but I would love to know exactly whats going on.

I suspect that Randy has underestimated the cost of running a football club and is trying to tidy up the club financially, however after spending £200m since his arrival I am sure he is reluctant to let any more funds go. I guess he knows you need a lot of money and a good manager to break that top four, which is something they cannot afford. I bet the fans wished they had deadly dug back  :D

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #281 on: June 11, 2011, 08:57:01 AM »
Lerner is a paper billionaire but doesn't have the cash available, hence the cutbacks.
I only go for the beer.

duncan

« Reply #282 on: June 11, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
Villa could be in trouble next season.

Running out of managers they can approach. Loosing players, Such a shame :D

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #283 on: June 11, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
Villa could be in trouble next season.

Running out of managers they can approach. Loosing players, Such a shame :D

Imagine being that manager they approach, knowing that your not even third choice.

I still have a horrible feeling they'll land on there feet with moyes and jam out of it like they always do!

Mulumbu99

« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »
alex mcleish is the fav now & poyet has came out of nowhere in the odds...

Cunningham

« Reply #285 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Ron Atkinson will probably end up back there  ;D

Honestly I never thought I'd live to see Villa in such a mess, they are truely in desperation at the moment.

As someone said though they are a jammy club and they will somehow come out smelling of roses.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: June 11, 2011, 09:31:36 AM »
Got a few Vile fans on my facebook banging on about how 'Martinez is too small for us, we should just put all our efforts on getting Moyes; he'll want to come to us because at least we have a European Cup in the trophy room.' They really are deluded aren't they. They can't attract any managers with any real pedigree, ignore fairly decent others and then offer a man who nearly got a club relegated last season , triple his current wages. And he still doesn't want to go!

If someone told you you were 4th choice behind last year's Wigan manager, unless you knew nothing of football (which hopefully the appointed manager wont) you'd feel insulted.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #287 on: June 11, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
What's John Gregory doing with himself these days? (apart from arguing with his own shadow)!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #288 on: June 11, 2011, 01:02:57 PM »
Just a few points:

Martinez didn't turn down the job. The board have got a list of candidates and are conducting interviews, we approached Wigan and asked for permission to speak to him. They agreed and he took a day to decide whether or not to attend an interview, he decided not to and wanted to stay at Wigan. We never spoke to him or interviewed him so how can the papers make up their nonsense that he was our first choice and now supposedly we're panicking? He could have had an interview and stood out and then been our first choice or he could have been our 2nd or 3rd choice after the interview process. The only reason we know about the Martinez approach is because Whelan revealed it, we will have approached several other managers to interview but don't know about them because noone has revealed them.

Personally i'd go cap in hand to Rijkaard or Ancelotti and offer them any money they wanted. Failing that i wouldn't be too disappointed or too happy with Moyes. If we were to take a gamble i think Lambert is the best up and coming manager. Mark Hughes is too boring and plays rubbish football. And if it's Mcleish or McLaren i won't be going next season.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2011, 01:49:01 PM »
Hughes is hardly boring, the Fulham fans liked him at least, and at Man City he got the sack for conceding too many really through playing attacking.

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »
To put it in more polite terms than I would have liked to, what makes you think the Villa job would have even passed the minds of Rijkaard, Ancelotti and Moyes? I'm sure Rijkaard and Ancelotti are chewing at the bit for the opportunity to work with Emile Heskey. As for Moyes, why would he make what is at best a sideways step, especially when it's a fairly well known fact that he is one of the favourites and Fergie's choice for the United job when he leaves?

If I was you I would be happy with Mark Hughes who is a very good upper to mid table manager, which is where you are as a club.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2011, 02:12:08 PM »
Just a few points:

Martinez didn't turn down the job. The board have got a list of candidates and are conducting interviews, we approached Wigan and asked for permission to speak to him. They agreed and he took a day to decide whether or not to attend an interview, he decided not to and wanted to stay at Wigan. We never spoke to him or interviewed him so how can the papers make up their nonsense that he was our first choice and now supposedly we're panicking?
Is that not worse? He would rather stay at a rugby league club than even contemplate what Villa would/could offer him?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #292 on: June 11, 2011, 02:19:39 PM »
Villa first spoke to Martinez 9 days ago. Tom Ross even confirmed this on the phone-in yesterday.

If what you say is true blackcountryvilla, how come it took him 8-9 days to decide? I think a lot of villa fans are in denial. Martinez turned Villa down and stayed at Wigan. Villa waited a least a week for a decition from Martinez and in the mean time turned down the likes of Benitez who wanted 30 mill plus of top of wages.

The fact is Martinez turned down the job, nothing to do with the villa board.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:22:20 PM by dangerman »

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #293 on: June 11, 2011, 02:20:59 PM »
I didn't say Ancelotti or Rijkaard would definitely come but i'd at least try and approach them, the worst that can happen is they say no. I'd rather them turn down an interview than the manager of poxy Wigan.

I'd also be very surprised if Moyes left Everton for us. The only reason he'd leave is if we promised him loads of money to spend and i'm not sure we've got it.

It's one thing Fulham being happy with Hughes but we're not Fulham. I wouldn't be happy with him and i know a lot of our fans wouldn't be, he'd be seen as the safe, unambitious option and we'd end up drawing more games than we win and being bored to tears.

McClaren is just a no go. Despite the paper's rubbish story about Randy cancelling his interview because of our fans on the message boards we haven't spoke to him, McLaren's reps said so. If we appointed him season ticket sales would drop massively and i'd say 95% of our fans don't want him.

I'd rather take a punt on someone like Lambert than go for Hughes or McClaren. And i certainly don't want McLeish, O'Neill's style of football was bad enough but McLeish makes him seem like Guardiola.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #294 on: June 11, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »
still think hughes will end up there aftre his 30 day cooling of period  :P

bobcracker

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #295 on: June 11, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
Simon Graysons odds have been slashed from 50/1 to 5/2..interesting. I'm also convinced that Hughes will be coach at Chelsea with Hiddink DoF.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #296 on: June 11, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »
Simon Graysons odds have been slashed from 50/1 to 5/2..interesting. I'm also convinced that Hughes will be coach at Chelsea with Hiddink DoF.

was just about to put this.

Grayson should have got Leeds in the play offs this season and didn't. Not exactly a big name for the supposed big club that villa are now is he

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #297 on: June 11, 2011, 05:40:18 PM »
No one really predicted much for Leeds last year in fairness (or they shouldn't have) he's done a good job there, as he did at Blackpool. Although it'd be a strange move really considering that's all he's looked to be so far, a good lower league manager.

I really cannot see how they could want him over Hughes, or even McClaren.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: June 11, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
I thought Grayson was a Leeds fan. Anyways I hope they get him as I don't rat6e and him and I hate Leeds.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #299 on: June 11, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Just a few points:

Martinez didn't turn down the job. The board have got a list of candidates and are conducting interviews, we approached Wigan and asked for permission to speak to him. They agreed and he took a day to decide whether or not to attend an interview, he decided not to and wanted to stay at Wigan. We never spoke to him or interviewed him so how can the papers make up their nonsense that he was our first choice and now supposedly we're panicking? He could have had an interview and stood out and then been our first choice or he could have been our 2nd or 3rd choice after the interview process. The only reason we know about the Martinez approach is because Whelan revealed it, we will have approached several other managers to interview but don't know about them because noone has revealed them.

Personally i'd go cap in hand to Rijkaard or Ancelotti and offer them any money they wanted. Failing that i wouldn't be too disappointed or too happy with Moyes. If we were to take a gamble i think Lambert is the best up and coming manager. Mark Hughes is too boring and plays rubbish football. And if it's Mcleish or McLaren i won't be going next season.

if he didnt turn down the job why are you looking for a new manager 8)! he's agreed to stay at wigan so he has in effect turned down the job surely :D