Author Topic: Anything Birmingham City  (Read 226722 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Anything Birmingham City
« Reply #800 on: April 19, 2020, 12:51:29 PM »
Fairly sure I read somewhere that Jude's dad (also agent) has said he's going to stay at Blues until he's 18, to repay the faith and development they have put in.

In general, I think we can going to see transfers shrink in the next couple of windows, as the game has less money swishing about due to the lockdowns etc.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #801 on: April 19, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
I also see you Stan and raise you Rooney.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #802 on: April 20, 2020, 12:16:28 AM »
A good example of why clubs like Man United are poison for the modern game. To offer £50 million for a 16 year old underlines they have lost all sense of the value of money. Yes, £50 million maybe sounds a nice round figure. And with fans that like bragging they are the biggest club in the world, maybe £50 million sounds normal.

You couldn't blame Birmingham if they just said thanks very much MU, we'll take the money, but football just gets further and further away from the real world.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #803 on: April 20, 2020, 03:02:18 AM »
If reports are true, that’s £130 million Man U are prepared to pay for Bellingham and Grealish... yikes  :o

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #804 on: April 20, 2020, 07:33:57 AM »
Fairly sure I read somewhere that Jude's dad (also agent) has said he's going to stay at Blues until he's 18, to repay the faith and development they have put in.

In general, I think we can going to see transfers shrink in the next couple of windows, as the game has less money swishing about due to the lockdowns etc.

Yeah right, lets just see shall we.

I certainly don't think Jude's Dad will be able to resist minting the whole family for life, and I imagine that given the financial position Blues are in, the owners are not going to turn down the figure reported.

You can see a few players moving when this is over just for the money that it brings to the selling club to recover from the impact of the virus.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:42:55 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #805 on: April 21, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »

I certainly don't think Jude's Dad will be able to resist minting the whole family for life, and I imagine that given the financial position Blues are in, the owners are not going to turn down the figure reported.

You can see a few players moving when this is over just for the money that it brings to the selling club to recover from the impact of the virus.
Yep
At his age and with that money being dangled, blues will be mad to say no...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #806 on: April 21, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »

If a club is offering Blues 50 million for him, staying till 18 makes little difference - he will have repaid Blues anyway.

Staggering amount of money for a kid with so much left to prove.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2020, 11:58:37 AM »
I honestly think that fans journalists etc... need to recalibrate their numbers. Football post pandemic will not be the same as football pre pandemic £50m was borderline ridiculous pre pandemic and it along with any other fee can be scaled back massively until club's balance sheets have recovered from the shock and that might take a long time. We aren't at the point where a talent like Bellingham will be traded for a spare kit but £50m ain't happening.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #808 on: July 20, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »
Bellingham has gone to Dortmund for reported £26m.

If only our treacherous youth players could do the right thing and sign their contracts they too could still get the big move without screwing us.

We seem to consider our academy to be good with so many youth internationals, blah, blah, but it is ex blose youth players like Redmond, Gray and Butland who have consistently played in the prem.

Tony

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #809 on: July 23, 2020, 09:32:57 PM »
They’ve decided to retire Bellingham’s no 22 shirt   :o
Less than 50 apps with just 4 goals and they’re retiring his number. I don’t mind the blues but my word this has made me laugh

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #810 on: July 23, 2020, 09:34:53 PM »
They’ve decided to retire Bellingham’s no 22 shirt   :o
Less than 50 apps with just 4 goals and they’re retiring his number. I don’t mind the blues but my word this has made me laugh

So silly. What if he turns into a bust? Or just becomes mediocre?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #811 on: July 23, 2020, 10:27:00 PM »
It has come to something that a club is so grateful that a 16 year signed a contract a year ago which meant the club could sell him for a sufficiently large fee to ensure it's survival over the next 12 months that it retires his shirt, the iconic #22.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #812 on: February 12, 2021, 02:44:45 PM »
Crisis club: X-rated rants, swingeing cuts and a manager on the brink - how Birmingham City descended into chaos.

A decade after the finest moment in their history - the League Cup final win over Arsenal at Wembley - Birmingham are a club in tatters
(Source: telegraph.co.uk) The story is behind a pay wall

I've always had a soft spot for the Blue Noses in comparison to vile and wolves, I hope they can sort themselves out, but they probably have a root cause similar to what we have
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #813 on: February 13, 2021, 04:36:24 PM »
I also have a softspot for Blues and hope they turn it around. Always look forward to Albion-Blues derbies.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #814 on: February 13, 2021, 04:56:55 PM »
That’s probably just because they’ve been by far the least successful of the 4 big midland clubs in the last decade. If they starting winning again I bet the soft spot gets smaller.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #815 on: February 13, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »
I always remember the story told to me by my close friend who recently passed. He was a lifelong bluenose and STH. He told me some tale about the ground being cursed many years ago by travellers who used to live there before the ground was built.

Given their consistent bad luck I do wonder if it is true.

I hope they pull it round to be honest, I would probably be a bluenose had I not been cursed by the Albion.
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #816 on: February 13, 2021, 06:39:26 PM »
I always remember the story told to me by my close friend who recently passed. He was a lifelong bluenose and STH. He told me some tale about the ground being cursed many years ago by travellers who used to live there before the ground was built.

Given their consistent bad luck I do wonder if it is true.

I hope they pull it round to be honest, I would probably be a bluenose had I not been cursed by the Albion.

I had heard of the 100year curse as well, expired now allegedly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #817 on: February 13, 2021, 06:42:28 PM »
No derby for us next season unless anybody considers the clay heads one
O Albion we love you

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #818 on: February 13, 2021, 06:43:41 PM »
Always enjoyed the touch of 'frisson' experienced at St Andrews particularly on the walk back into town after a win
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #819 on: February 13, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »
They seem to have similar problems to us but a division below

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #820 on: February 13, 2021, 08:01:59 PM »
During his tenure as Manager, didn’t Barry Fry have that curse exorcised?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #821 on: February 13, 2021, 08:23:49 PM »
During his tenure as Manager, didn’t Barry Fry have that curse exorcised?

He was reputed to have tinkled in each corner of the pitch in an attempt to lift the curse and later confirmed he didn't think that it had worked  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #822 on: February 13, 2021, 08:29:15 PM »
Always enjoyed the touch of 'frisson' experienced at St Andrews particularly on the walk back into town after a win

Not one for the faint-hearted, that's for sure.

Being from the West Birmingham - Sandwell border, quite a few of my mates are Blues fans. They used to wind me up proper when we were younger (when they had that successful period) but they've mellowed in their older age, as has my animosity towards their club.

They are a very passionate fan base and deserve a hell of a lot better from their owners - very similar to ourselves, actually.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2021, 07:11:48 AM »
I had heard of the 100year curse as well, expired now allegedly.

I think the bluenoses will beg to differ with you on that....... :D
MAGA!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2021, 08:14:09 AM »
I think the bluenoses will beg to differ with you on that....... :D

Surely they can’t say there’s a curse still after gaining promotion twice and winning a cup since the start of the century.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 08:49:25 AM by BB74 »