Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1745332 times)

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #6725 on: December 30, 2014, 09:24:20 AM »
glad he has gone I do not feel sorry for him in any shape or form , he new he wasn't wanted by the fans yet still tuck on the job so new what was coming if didn't hit the ground running with good football and some wins  and getting paid to sit at home nah sorry good bye , now other 3 need to go and start again .

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6726 on: December 30, 2014, 09:31:28 AM »
glad he has gone I do not feel sorry for him in any shape or form , he new he wasn't wanted by the fans yet still tuck on the job so new what was coming if didn't hit the ground running with good football and some wins  and getting paid to sit at home nah sorry good bye , now other 3 need to go and start again .
Just hope the new bloke hit's the ground running with good football and some wins then, otherwise I think we will see the same post again. Fell sorry for AI, fans never took to him even before he stepped through the door at  West Brom.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6727 on: December 30, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
you could well be right I never wanted him but wanted him to prove me wrong , he never did .

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6728 on: December 30, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »
Sharpen your pens, fill up the poison ink well and get ready to have a go at the next manager. I cannot believe such vitriol was poured over AV.He was not the right man for job,but the players have not helped.
Unless God and his Son are appointed, I expect all you bloody experts will soon kick-off your criticism. It's a tough job and none of you could hack it.
if Pulis is the next man in, then i'm certain there will be plenty who will put a "new nib" in their pens.

Good shout, but belongs on a different thread

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6729 on: December 30, 2014, 09:36:19 AM »
Sharpen your pens, fill up the poison ink well and get ready to have a go at the next manager. I cannot believe such vitriol was poured over AV.He was not the right man for job,but the players have not helped.
Unless God and his Son are appointed, I expect all you bloody experts will soon kick-off your criticism. It's a tough job and none of you could hack it.
if Pulis is the next man in, then i'm certain there will be plenty who will put a "new nib" in their pens.

So could YOU see a future under what we saw with Irvine ?
Yes, not many wanted him in but you'll find at games and in general most of us gave the guy plenty of games to see if Irvine could offer something going forward and be able to motivate many players that seem in their comfort zone (this goes for some of the backroom staff also).
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6730 on: December 30, 2014, 09:37:02 AM »
I cannot believe people are still defending this clueless idiot.

He didn't lose his job because of a few nasty fans who never gave Mr Nice Guy a chance - he lost his job because, like at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday, the football served up was atrocious and results weren't much better. The guy is USELESS.

Cheerio Alan, thanks for 6 months of utter garbage.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Wollaston01

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #6731 on: December 30, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
Thank god he's gone. Irvine down Peace to go!!!!

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6732 on: December 30, 2014, 09:58:29 AM »
Irvine s biggest mistake in my opinion was that he was too loyal to the players click (Brunt, Morrison, Foster etc) and add Wisdom in that as well. Picking these players that have not been good enough now for several seasons of poor form ultimately cost him his job. I think that if he looks at all the BS that these senior players come out with he may review his statement that they players have been great for him. How many head coaches have they been responsible for getting sacked. I am fed up with players like Brunt and Foster and Morrison saying publicly that we need to pick up point. We need action not words, and the new head coach needs to remind them that they shape up to the task ahead or ship out! 

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6733 on: December 30, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
I cannot believe people are still defending this clueless idiot.

He didn't lose his job because of a few nasty fans who never gave Mr Nice Guy a chance - he lost his job because, like at Preston and Sheffield Wednesday, the football served up was atrocious and results weren't much better. The guy is USELESS.

Cheerio Alan, thanks for 6 months of utter garbage.
So the football served up was atrocious compared to what ?? I would say it was no worse than under the Hodgson and Clarke. Under Irvine we used less long ball, we had better passers in midfield (I think that's why he preferred Morrison to Mulumbu or Yacob).
Is it easy to keep our club away from the relegation zone - NO. I thank Irvine for doing an honest job and giving it his best shot. A lot of fans were never going to accept him unless he did spectacularly well.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6734 on: December 30, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
Thank god he's gone. Irvine down Peace to go!!!!

I don't normally respond to some of the more outrageous comments on the board, but you take the biscuit >:(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:04:50 AM by halifax_baggie »

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6735 on: December 30, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
I don't think there's been a huge amount of "vitriol" aimed at Irvine has there?  Not in a personal way, most people seemed to go out of their way to make it clear it wasn't a personal thing, just that he was an idiotic appointment.  Unlike a younger coach with some new ideas who could make a claim for time even if we went down, he had absolutely no leeway if -when- it went wobbly.

None of us need to especially wish him luck, I don't know what he was on, but his years dosh to anyone on here would probably be not far off a lifetime's earnings.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6736 on: December 30, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
he had to go JP should not have made the appointment in the first place , but he needs to get rid of the rest of the coaching staff as well, there are enough decent players in this squad who under a new manager with more ambitious ideas, better systems to suit the squad he has, can easily keep us up , what it will mean is that the men who should have been doing it will have to step up to the plate or be out, and the players who have not really had a chance to prove themselves will get that chance, here's to a better 2015

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6737 on: December 30, 2014, 11:29:14 AM »
Ah, if only it were that easy, this is west brom remember
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6738 on: December 30, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6739 on: December 30, 2014, 11:53:38 AM »
All the best to Alan Irvine, worked his socks off but to no avail.
And as for some of the comments directed at me for sticking up for him...grow up, its called supporting the club.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6740 on: December 30, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
Good luck Alan, with a bit more luck you'd still be here. Great guy, great coach.
the regime don't like it man

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6741 on: December 30, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
It's ironic that we are on 19 points half way through the season, and our aim is 40 points. He wasn't too far off, but considering the last 5 matches are tough, we'd need the 40 before entering that round of matches. That's something I'm not confident we'd have if AI was still here.

Hopefully someone like Pulis will come in and kick some ass.

Whoever we get, I really hope we give them plenty of time. Save us this season and progress next season.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6742 on: December 30, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »
All the best to Alan Irvine, worked his socks off but to no avail.
And as for some of the comments directed at me for sticking up for him...grow up, its called supporting the club.

Ignore any comments. Not worth responding.

Any personal comments aimed at anyone will be removed if they are pointed out to us, we're only human and don't catch everything so if some are left and others removed its purely because they have been missed not because we allow some people to be abused and not others.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6743 on: December 30, 2014, 12:11:27 PM »
It's ironic that we are on 19 points half way through the season, and our aim is 40 points. He wasn't too far off, but considering the last 5 matches are tough, we'd need the 40 before entering that round of matches. That's something I'm not confident we'd have if AI was still here.

Hopefully someone like Pulis will come in and kick some ass.

Whoever we get, I really hope we give them plenty of time. Save us this season and progress next season.
No, we're on 17, which would give us 34 at the end of the season.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6744 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »
West Bromwich Albion
‏@WBAFCofficial
2- A sombre day for staff at The Hawthorns because we have said farewell to a man of great class and dignity #bestwishesAlan

Very classy from the club.
the regime don't like it man

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6745 on: December 30, 2014, 12:31:38 PM »
Pleased with the decision but I also wish him all the best.

It was never going to work out here realistically, too much venom at the appointment. It was an appalling decision for a Premier League team and the gamble didn't pay off.

Best of luck for the future though.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6746 on: December 30, 2014, 12:32:10 PM »
West Bromwich Albion
‏@WBAFCofficial
2- A sombre day for staff at The Hawthorns because we have said farewell to a man of great class and dignity #bestwishesAlan

So why wasn't there similar for Mel who was very dignified despite being seemingly undermined.

Irvine has not died, he has lost his job, part and parcel of being involved in football coaching/ management, nice man or not.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6747 on: December 30, 2014, 12:34:18 PM »
West Bromwich Albion
‏@WBAFCofficial

I didn't know he died.
BOING BOING

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6748 on: December 30, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Pepe Mel was a total clown who didn't do anything for WBA.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6749 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:31 PM »
Pepe Mel was a total clown who didn't do anything for WBA.

And acted with total dignity despite the backstabbing.

I wonder what VVV thinks about that comment given his stance on libel comments ?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:38:17 PM by OldburyWBA »