Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Next Match Forum - 20/04 Leicester City (A) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 11:25:46 AM »
not sure, Succeeded at Doncaster and Wednesday (despite issues with the owner) but he failed badly with Huddersfield and is struggling with Port Vale. With his time with us being decent if unspectacular overall (context wise he did a great job and we could’ve done MUCH worse) he’s been more of a success than a failure so is it issues at the last 2 clubs or a general trend? We’ll have to find out.

I think Darren's problem was he wanted too much, too soon. Nothing wrong with being ambitious but for me he clearly overestimated himself and his abilities. I consider his time in charge of us as a massive failure with the players at his disposal personally.

I think he understands now that he needs to take his time and pay his dues etc in the lower leagues. He may come good, as you say time will tell, but he definitely wasn't ready for the job with us
He just wasn't very good
not sure, Succeeded at Doncaster and Wednesday (despite issues with the owner) but he failed badly with Huddersfield and is struggling with Port Vale. With his time with us being decent if unspectacular overall (context wise he did a great job and we could’ve done MUCH worse) he’s been more of a success than a failure so is it issues at the last 2 clubs or a general trend? We’ll have to find out.
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 11:04:54 AM »
Maybe, but he was better than anything before him since Clarke in my opinion. We were a busted flush by then, and with a decent squad too.

He should never have been appointed. He wasnt ready and it was obvious l. Still it was a relatively cheap and easy option for Lais boys setting the standard for years to come
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 10:59:26 AM »
He just wasn't very good

Maybe, but he was better than anything before him since Clarke in my opinion. We were a busted flush by then, and with a decent squad too.
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 10:50:13 AM »
Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he? What happened? Too much reliance on his coaches?

He just wasn't very good
« Last post by Fritzl Palace on Today at 10:47:53 AM »
Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he?

I must have missed that game  ;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Brandon Thomas-Asante
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 10:26:32 AM »
I'd rather have Eddie Grant instead of Karlan, whether he wants to dance or not.

Got to be a certain age to appreciate that joke, but spot on Igor!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: John Swift
« Last post by BagAlbion123 on Today at 10:11:51 AM »
I was in the Brummie on Sat and everyone around me was not happy when he was coming on, I was shocked he was that disliked!  :o
« Last post by BagAlbion123 on Today at 10:10:17 AM »
I haven't seen loads of Leicester in their recent run of form but did watch them against Plymouth where they were vulnerable in transition and especially behind the full backs.

Corberan likes to setup 442 out of possession so with that in mind, I'd like to see two of of Wallace, Diangana, Fellows or Johnston as the two with Phillips in one of the wide positions.

Personally I wouldn't mind to see us set up 433/451 with maybe Phillips in central midfield like we did against Leeds under Darren Moore, we were very good in transition that night.

Moore did show a bit of tactical awareness didn't he? What happened? Too much reliance on his coaches?
General Football & Sports / Re: FA Cup
« Last post by BagAlbion123 on Today at 10:08:26 AM »
Pathetic decision. The FA Cup is losing all its magic. Such a shame.

Lost it's magic a long time ago, look at the previous winners just all the big boys no point anymore their 2nd teams are vastly superior to most 1st teams

Plus all the prem clashes picked for TV so boring, fact Palace vs Everton was picked for TV this season was a disgrace
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10