Author Topic: Hawthorns Atmosphere  (Read 5310 times)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

Hawthorns Atmosphere
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »
The players are waiting for the fans to make noise before the game.  The fans are waiting to be excited by the players before getting behind the team.  The result is no noise inside the stadium, which inspires the opposition.

7 goals from 10 home matches sees it all.

Also JP is totally out of order charging £40 in a recession and it's live on sky.

That preformance was absymal.  If we repeat it we are going to lose our confidence and with our best 2 players on the sidelines.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

Re: Hawthorns Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:06:24 PM »
It was very poor today by the sounds of it . 40 quid against everton is a disgrace. Mind you when we play like we did today i suppose half the crowd were sleeping.
BOING BOING

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 03:22:04 PM »
Out of order to charge 40 quid today if it was 25 few more hundred would have turned up today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
I think the atmosphere was a mix of tired/hung over fans and boring entertainment. I'm not saying everyone there was drunk and all that, but most people would have stayed up to see in the new year and then got up fairly early to watch an early kick off.

£40 is a rip off. It's the way football is going though. I just wander, IF we ended going down, how much can you see ticket prices being in the Championship? I doubt there would be many who would pay over £25 a ticket.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:32:20 PM »
The bloke having a little jig first half looked well off his trolley!

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
I didnt see the point in going today, i did and shouldnt have, waste of time and money and to be honest starting to get bored of this negative home approch!

This is what happens when we bend over backwards for sky. We now play Tuesday! and Spurs have had an extra days rest!

Not Happy At All, NO SHOTS ON TARGET!

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:19 PM »
The club should have done something like kids for a quid today, surely they know forty quid for a game on sky after a lot of people have paid forty two quid for the City game.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:41 PM »
They won't reduce prices for a Bank Holiday game regardless of live TV coverage, what they lose on the gate they more than make up in TV fees.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
The club should have done something like kids for a quid today, surely they know forty quid for a game on sky after a lot of people have paid forty two quid for the City game.

And an early New Years day kick off so no lunches for those people who braved it.  And a game on Sky and against Everton.  Was always going to be a struggle to fill the ground and generate some atmosphere.  Should have been cheaper and\or kids for a quid. 

DommyKeay19

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
I knew it would be a shocker today which is why i knocked it on the head. New years day, 12 o clock kick off and live on Sky it was always going to be a terrible atmosphere.  I think the FA Cup tie with Cardiff will be much more enjoyable than that joke game.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 04:13:33 PM »
didnt help way we played if had scored place would have been rocking and rolling or played well , glad i didnt pay 40 quid to watch that rubbish today

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
I thought the fans tried hard to get an atmosphere going personally. Lots of chants of different players names, even those who were not really doing that well.

The style of football we play at home does not lend itself to a rocking atmosphere. 
Boing Boing

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »
That was one of the worst atmosphere's I've ever experienced at the Hawthorns. It's no co-incidence that it was a 12.30 kick off straight after new years eve! There was a guy a couple of rows behind me who was asleep through half time (and not because of the football on display). I'm afraid that all people could and did conjure up today was a token effort unless the team would have put on a storming display. I'm convinced that if that was a 3pm kick off there would have been a better atmosphere, as it's usually much better than that. The players maybe could have given us more to shout about too so that just compounded the already tired mood. Ah well, bad day at the office and one to forget about and now move on from. Hopefully we'll not be unfortunate enough to be playing this early on new years day at any point in the coming years. No-one should be playing at that time on new years day. It's down to Sky, but they supply the cash so that's the way it is.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 06:04:42 PM »
To be honest, from just watching on Television the atmosphere was probably slightly better than Old Trafford yesterday in similar circumstances.

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
Fair bloody play to the Everton fans who go to West Bromwich at 12.30 on new years day!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
I certainly couldn't get up for this one and needed something to happen on the pitch (unlike the Citeh match) to make the day worthwhile - no match should take place at this time on a New Year's Day.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 08:43:20 PM »
I thought the atmoshere was orgith at times today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
Today's game needed a spark from someone on the pitch to get the crowd going.

What we got instead was one of the most boring and turgid games I can ever remember with very little enthusiasm shown from the players who seemed to be going through the motions at times.

Everton's 'football' was just as bland as well.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
Out of order to charge 40 quid today if it was 25 few more hundred would have turned up today.

And there you have it. You're asking him to drop £15 from the price of thousands of people so that a few extra hundred may come....

You're basically asking him to burn £30,000+

The atomsphere isn't great at the moment. We need to be more attacking at home, our style works away, but at home you need to come at them more.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
Want to sort the atmosphere out?

Saturday 3pm kick-off, with a team that is actually up for the game.

There you go.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 10:48:53 PM »
Atmosphere against Wigan 3pm Sat 10 Dec 2011 was appalling.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 10:51:08 PM »
Atmosphere against Wigan 3pm Sat 10 Dec 2011 was appalling.

That would be the one home game I've missed this season.

Nice to know I make that big an impact  ;D

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 10:56:56 PM »
Fair enough but we lag massively behind Stoke supporters in terms of noise.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
Fair enough but we lag massively behind Stoke supporters in terms of noise.
as do many other teams. ok we may not always be the most intimidating home crowd but we arent the quietest either. blackburn/fulham/wigan spring to mind.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 11:05:19 PM »
Agreed.  I think we're a bigger club than those 3.  It hurts to see Wolves extending to 40,000 and us making do with 26,000 with hundreds / thousands of fans being priced out. 

I just think a poor atmosphere is a major factor why we have only scored 7.  Odemwingie's always trying to gee up the fans good on him for showing passion.