Jara
0 (0%)
Morrison
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: January 08, 2012, 06:55:59 PM

Author Topic: 03 Jan 2012 Tottenham 1 Albion 0  (Read 101478 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #575 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:40 PM »
According to twitter, dorrans was Ill and only played as Morisson carrying injury.

Not saying it explains his apathy, but has to be considered.

Saying that, if he was that sick, then we could have put Mantom or jara in from the start. Not ideal but surely better than an unfit player.

More excuses.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Ratings
« Reply #576 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
Foster 7 did well again tonight
Shorey 6 thought he was neat and tidy
Dawson 8 this lad has done really well
Mcauley 7 solid as ever
Jones 7 did well again tonight goodyoung player, Reid will find it hard to come back into the team
Thomas 5 only had 20 odd minutes gave another daft free kick away
Thorne 8 to come up against the likes of Modric and VDV and keep them pretty quiet I thought is a job well done
Dorrans 5 didnt look intrested to me, but to be fair he did have a tough job on his hands
Cox 5 worked hard as ever
Pete 5 Towards the end of the game he did better, not easy playing on your own with very little support
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #577 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:05 PM »
More excuses.
Correct. Getting a bit boring really.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Jara
« Reply #578 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »
What did you think of him tonight, I thought he did ok really. I expect to see him play against Cardiff.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #579 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:11 PM »
Time for Dorrans, Cox, Morrisson and Fortune to be moved on for me. Like them all and think they need to move for their own sakes, they have all stagnated here now for whatever reason. Mattock as well, he's tosh.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #580 on: January 03, 2012, 10:39:09 PM »
Suprised you have said that about Mozza who has had a few good games for us.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #581 on: January 03, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »
We were patched up and against a genuine title challenger who if they win their games in hand will be on the same points as Man Utd so I suppose you have to give them some credit.

I think we are going to have to be more ambitious though from now on. I think the Man City game has clouded Hodgsons judgement a bit. Our amount of shots on target ion the last 3 games hasnt been good enough and shows a team that is sitting far to deep looking at 1 point rather than 3.

3 games without a goal now, hopefully come the next league game we will have additions to replace our injured players as well as a few of them back and then go out to get goals.

Boing Boing

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #582 on: January 03, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
I have a feeling the Norwich game will be like the Blackpool home game from last season plenty of goals. We are due a few goals surely.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #583 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »
Let's be realistic here.  We played an outstanding, title chasing side, away, with 7 (SEVEN) 1st teamers missing.  I thought the performance was outstanding.  We switched off only once and were punished.  I'm telling you now if Mowbray was managing that team tonight we'd have got spanked 5-0.  Instead we leave White Hart Lane with heads held high and more importantly confidence intact.

We've got some gems coming through in Jones, Thorne & Dawson.  At least Thorne can get round the pitch, certainly quicker than Brunt.  Jara Reyes played a blinder when he came on.

How anyone can be disappointed with that showing I'll never know.  They could win the league you

I really don't care what Mowbray "might" have done.  It's absolutely irrelevent.  It's like when someone criticises the Tory party and they say "well Labour would have done worse".

We're playing under Roy and we need to give us our best chance of staying up.  Parking the bus does not work, it never has.

I thought we defended well but there was room to take the game to Spurs a little.  Doesn't mean we have to become too open, there has to be some middle ground between Mowbray and dour setups to draw the game 0-0 that aren't working either.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jara
« Reply #584 on: January 03, 2012, 10:44:46 PM »
I dont care what Jara has done as I'd play"Jack the Ripper" if he could get us going forward and win a game !
He's a lad from the Wrenna

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2012, 10:45:41 PM »
Suprised you have said that about Mozza who has had a few good games for us.

Literally a few good games for me. Scores the odd AMAZING goal but need more from him in terms of all round play. Can be extremely sloppy and wasteful at times. Decent player, don't think hes quite at Prem level since his injury issues.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #586 on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:56 PM »
Time for Dorrans, Cox, Morrisson and Fortune to be moved on for me. Like them all and think they need to move for their own sakes, they have all stagnated here now for whatever reason. Mattock as well, he's tosh.

With Brunt and Odemwingie out of sorts Morrison is arguably our best player... Mattock is worth another look, but agree on the other three.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #587 on: January 03, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »
I've always been a big fan of his abilities on the pitch, tonight was just another feather in his cap. Hope he gets a decent run of game time.
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #588 on: January 03, 2012, 10:54:28 PM »
for those saying we need to show more attacking intent, i can forgive the lack of desire to win today as we knew to throw too many men forward could mean a damaging goal difference. however, at home we need to show we are boss and i know we can do this. i will be very disappointed if we try to counter attack norwich but for tonight im not all that disappointed with lack of intent to win. most teams going to the lane come away with nowt.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #589 on: January 03, 2012, 10:55:48 PM »
Foster 8 - Superb command of the penalty area, important saves.
Jones 8 - Brilliant tracking of Bale, superb concentration, good on the ball.
Shorey 7.5 - Brilliant reading of the game, got down the left wing, poor corners.
Dawson 8 - Fantastic performance against world class centre forwards, vital interceptions, good distribution.
McAualey 8 - See above.
Thomas 5.5 - Not really in it, caused a dangerous free kick again.
Dorrans 6 - I think he covered a lot of ground and tried, doesn't look fit at this level.
Thorne 8 - Superb composure, great passing, didn't seem fazed.
Scharner 7.5 - Wholehearted, showed real character, full of running, gave his all.
Cox 6 - Really tried hard, didn't stamp his authority, not able to get away from players through pace or skill.
Odemwingie 7.5 - Real thankless task, hounded by 3 defenders when in possession, totally isolated.

Subs

Jara 8 - Very impressive, always willing to receive ball under pressure.
Morrison 7 - Not really enough time to influence game.
Tchoyi 7 - Added vital fresh legs, stretched them a little.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #590 on: January 03, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »
i have always said and always will say you might aswell lose 3 or 4 having ago than losing 1-0 not having ago you still end up with no points! and imo we dont leave the lane tonight with our heads held high it was rubbish.

Booker

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »
i have always said and always will say you might aswell lose 3 or 4 having ago than losing 1-0 not having ago you still end up with no points! and imo we dont leave the lane tonight with our heads held high it was rubbish.
i totally agree, what is the point in playing if your not going to even give it a go, you never get anything if you play for a draw
Taxi for Peter!!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »

Yes but the goal different column looks a little less depressing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #593 on: January 03, 2012, 11:07:07 PM »
I really don't care what Mowbray "might" have done.  It's absolutely irrelevent.  It's like when someone criticises the Tory party and they say "well Labour would have done worse".

We're playing under Roy and we need to give us our best chance of staying up.  Parking the bus does not work, it never has.

I thought we defended well but there was room to take the game to Spurs a little.  Doesn't mean we have to become too open, there has to be some middle ground between Mowbray and dour setups to draw the game 0-0 that aren't working either.

Don't agree.  You open the game up against world class players with your inferior players and you'll get trashed.  Here's the world class list: Bale, Assou-Ekotto, Bale, VDV, Modric, Adebayor.  They only had Parker missing.  Do you realise how good Tottenham are?  Do you watch other premier league matches?  Bale is the world's best left-sided player bar none!

Roy is on the right lines as a fantastic tactician.  Why don't you appreciate we're lucky to have him?  Yes we need to be more incisive at home and take the shackles off.  I think we might just do that against Norwich.  I can see us beating them because we have better players.

You must look at the level of opposition before criticising.  I bet you didn't complain against Man C.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #594 on: January 03, 2012, 11:09:27 PM »
Yes but the goal different column looks a little less depressing.
agree but i am so frustrated because even with a weakened side when we did come out and play we could have got something at the end which shows if the shackles are off we can give anyone a game.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #595 on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »
Clint once said " A man has got to know his limitations". Anyone that is dissapointed with a 1-0 loss at a title chasing Spurs with a team full of players we would love at the Albion, also at WHL and with 6-7 first choices out of our team must be clearly deluded. I would love us to win, but seriously that would be the long shot coming home. We got done on the line by a short half head, no shame in that. Positives to come out of it: Mac/Dawson/Jones showed they can cope with the pressure and hopefully grow into better players. Thorne, he's 18 and has plenty of upside. Foster didn't meltdown once again, unlike other custodians we have had in the past. Scharner put in another angry shift, can't complain with that. Dozza showed us where his mind is ...... elsewhere (say hello to Jason K from all of us, bye bye). Morrison is recovering well and should start getting back into form. Jara and Tchoyi offer us good possibilities as back ups, game changers. Shorey, Thomas and Pete well there is another game soon. Negatives: Defoe scored a goal and Thomas may be injured. That's the game I saw. 
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #596 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:01 PM »
Mate, Tottenham were sitting on 1-0, inviting us on and looking for the counter.

If we'd thrown caution to the wind 9 times out of 10 we'd have had a drubbing.

We almost snatched a point at the death because we were still in it.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #597 on: January 03, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
Foster 8
Jones 8
Shorey 7
Dawson 8
McAualey 7
Thomas 5
Dorrans 6
Thorne 6
Scharner 6
Cox 6
Odemwingie 6
"This crack is really moreish."

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #598 on: January 03, 2012, 11:17:42 PM »
He was put right midfield with a job to defend and he did that to a decent extent. However at right back he is behind two people and don't think he is good enough to be a Premier League centre midfielder.

Rich99

« Reply #599 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:19 PM »
There's only one way parking the bus can ever be applauded and that's if it works and the team comes away with something.

I'm sorry, but I'm never going to applaud losing and parking the bus.  That's the worst of all worlds.

Still, having said that, we've done worse and had worse performances than tonight, in my opinion.