Jara
0 (0%)
Morrison
0 (0%)
Tchoyi
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: January 08, 2012, 06:55:59 PM

Author Topic: 03 Jan 2012 Tottenham 1 Albion 0  (Read 101466 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #550 on: January 03, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
It would be intresting to see how that team got on against Norwich, or Bolton.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: January 03, 2012, 10:06:43 PM »
It's always risky playing for a 0-0. As I said against Everton, if you don't score, it only takes one defensive mistake, and you've lost all the points.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

Re: cyan or red
« Reply #552 on: January 03, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
red everytime  ;D

westbrom3wolves0

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #553 on: January 03, 2012, 10:07:22 PM »
You've got to be proud of the lads tonight. I think secretly, the majority of us were expecting to ship 3 or more goals tonight. So losing 1 nil, is possibly the best of the worst results we could have hoped for - to keep the GD down.

However, lets look at performances. I thought defensively we were brilliant again and although we may get slated for all this 'parking the bus' tosh, we have to do what we have to do. Going to WHL and attacking may provide good entertainment for supporters but at the end of the day, were unlikely to get a result. So hats off to the lads for defending so well tonight. I thought Foster, Jones, and both CB's were tremendous. Thorne did himself no harm, he had a solid game, along with Scharner for the most part. I have no comments on Dorrans, he's clearly leaving. One comment I must make was Thomas' challenge before he got subbed. What was he thinking?! He blatantly knew he couldn't make the challenge, he knew he was never going to make the ball yet he still slid in and went to ground to do the inevitable and give the foul in such a dangerous area - strange really, it was like he didn't care because he knew he was getting subbed.

As for attacking, we obviously had very little offering. Whenever we won possession we'd lump it upfield and lose it within 10 seconds. However, ODEMWINGIE. What was he doing? Whenever he did get the ball he struggled to hold on to it. I've said it for weeks now, he struggles to actually take a player on, maybe 2 out of 10 attempts will see him actually beat a man. Similarly, his touch just seems really poor / unpredictable. The camera shown him after 85minutes and he didn't even look to be breaking a sweat, not surprising being as all he did was half heartedly chase the ball, then take the long stroll back from an offside position whilst Spurs attacked. £65,000 per week? Pretty tidy, for a decent 90minute graft every 1 in 4 games.

Hopefully Roy will be more positive and take the game to Cardiff on Saturday, or will he see it as an opportunity to continue to practice parking the bus?

I wait in anticipation…..
Oooooohhhh West Bromwich Albion! #SPRAY32

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #554 on: January 03, 2012, 10:07:59 PM »
Jara looked very comfortable on the ball tonight IMO

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #555 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:32 PM »
I thought Jones did well again tonight.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

albiontrev

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
RH did his best tonight but cant excuse him for not making the subs on sunday when he should have brought Tchoyi on after 60 =65 mins     -  Moyes brought subs on and that was the difference  - a poor game that was there for the taking

tonight Dorrans looked as if he was on another planet - couldnt even beat the first man off a corner!!!

PO was isolated but looked not to be trying to hard evidenced by no effort to keep a ball in near the end or get a corner by playing it off the defender

squad too weak but talk of relegation and salvation by Mcinnes is madness  - there are worse teams than us and we will stay up - keep the faith!!!!

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:58 PM »
Would you after your manager very publically stated that you weren't good enough to replace a misfiring midefield against a poor Everton side?

I don't blame him at all.  Awful, awful management.
Dorrans was awful tonight. Blame it on 'management', 'his head isn't right', 'hasn't had a run in the team'... When do the excuses stop?

A spirited defeat against a very good Tottenham side, with many of our key players out.

Tchoyi looked good when he came on, strange why Hodgson decided not to bring him on against Everton??

Rich99

« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
Why the criticism for Tchoyi?  He might not be that consistant but I didn't hear the complaints when he was selected in the starting lineups at the beginning of the season.  Remember those "good" performance.

Agreed. 

The guy only got 10 mins tonight as well.  In that short time he had probably our best effort of the match,  and at times his physical presence stirred things up a little. 

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »
I hope JP was at the match - and not in the West Indies. If he was he must surely realise that RH is spot on in calling for the addition of some quality players in this transfer window. Let's hope that he gives him enough cash to at least bring a couple of quality players in on loan until the end of the season. Man City and Chelski are two clubs with surplus quality players.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: January 03, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
Dorrans was awful tonight. Blame it on 'management', 'his head isn't right', 'hasn't had a run in the team'... When do the excuses stop?

A spirited defeat against a very good Tottenham side, with many of our key players out.

Tchoyi looked good when he came on, strange why Hodgson decided not to bring him on against Everton??

Dorrans needs a transfer out of albion to rebuild himself he needs a spark back in his football and that might come with a fresh start.

I just cannot see him getting back to his best anymore!

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »
It was a very good performance I still feel some of the fringe players staked a claim. Dawson, Thorne, Jara all had pretty good games tonight.

Dorrans I felt did alright in all fairness but his final ball was not what we expect from him.

Peter battled well tonight I dont think his effort can be question during this game.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #562 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »
Losing one nil at Spurs, with half the first team out, is pretty good.

Indeed and we're all incredibly proud of them, but yet again we're all fed up of the blatant negativity. We've managed one shot on target in 180+ of football. That isn't good enough in any league yet alone the Premier League. I'm not saying we should of come here and gung ho, but we should of at least made a game of it and actually attempted trying to win the game and not holding out for another draw.

Our pressure late on came through Tottenham allowing us to have the ball.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Jonah

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Dorrans needs a transfer out of albion to rebuild himself he needs a spark back in his football and that might come with a fresh start.

I just cannot see him getting back to his best anymore!

I think that Dorrans needs a run of games. Match fitness is obviously a key to him regaining his form. Whether he will get this will depend on the injury situation.
Proud To Be A Baggie.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
Indeed and we're all incredibly proud of them, but yet again we're all fed up of the blatant negativity. We've managed one shot on target in 180+ of football. That isn't good enough in any league yet alone the Premier League. I'm not saying we should of come here and gung ho, but we should of at least made a game of it and actually attempted trying to win the game and not holding out for another draw.

Our pressure late on came through Tottenham allowing us to have the ball.

I am too mate, but if we were more attacking early on, it would have left more gaps.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #565 on: January 03, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
I agree.  But it's going to affect your game no matter what.  When you know your manager has no faith in you and you're just filling in how is that going to motivate you?  Some players react to a carrot, some to a stick.  It's all about motivating your team.
I see your point, but Thorne and Cox didn't seem to be effected. I suppose it's down to the players character.

Will be interesting to see if Dorrans starts Saturday, think he'll be off if he doesn't as It will be a statement of his future here under Roy

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #566 on: January 03, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
I say we just leave this one to rest and put it two good performances against cardiff and norwich. we absolutely HAVE to get our home form going again!

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
I say we just leave this one to rest and put it two good performances against cardiff and norwich. we absolutely HAVE to get our home form going again!
Agreed, need a win satday for confidence, although our record against Cardiff is poor. Then hopefully some players may be back for the Norwich game, where we need the win ahead of our annual struggle against Stoke.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #568 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
If we beat Cardiff and Norwich which I think we will do, then everything is fine again.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ratings
« Reply #569 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:36 PM »
Foster-Very solid and good awareness-7

Jones-Bale kept very quiet, a very assured performance-8 *MOM*
McAuley-Dealt with everything he had to-7
Dawson-Defended well, looked up to task-7
Shorey-Improved performance, he looks very comfortable on the ball recently-7.5

Cox-Work rate was very good, his touch wasn't always the best-6.5
Thorne-Like Dawson, looked comfortable. Tidy, played it safe-7
Scharner-Played well, especially in defence, can't remember him going forward much-7.5
Dorrans-Bright but wasted possession frequently and he is very unfit-5.5
Thomas-Injured-6

Odemwingie-Difficult task, didn't impress-6

Jara-looked decent, some good tackles-7
Morrison-Seemed out of sorts-5.5
Tchoyi-Decent shot-6

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #570 on: January 03, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
I am too mate, but if we were more attacking early on, it would have left more gaps.

It's not about throwing everybody forward and creating a thousands holes. It's about looking like you want to win the game. Had we had a real go at Tottenham tonight we could of walked off and said 'we could of done nothing, they were too good for us'. Instead we've walked off saying the same words but without making a game of it.

Defensively excellent tonight, but going forward leaves a lot to be desired.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #571 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »
It's always risky playing for a 0-0. As I said against Everton, if you don't score, it only takes one defensive mistake, and you've lost all the points.

Yep, never expected anything tonight, BUT, as you say, we are not even trying to gain winning positions in matches at the moment.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »
I certainly see Dawson and Jones having a bright furture.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »
According to twitter, dorrans was Ill and only played as Morisson carrying injury.

Not saying it explains his apathy, but has to be considered.

Saying that, if he was that sick, then we could have put Mantom or jara in from the start. Not ideal but surely better than an unfit player.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #574 on: January 03, 2012, 10:33:08 PM »
Let's be realistic here.  We played an outstanding, title chasing side, away, with 7 (SEVEN) 1st teamers missing.  I thought the performance was outstanding.  We switched off only once and were punished.  I'm telling you now if Mowbray was managing that team tonight we'd have got spanked 5-0.  Instead we leave White Hart Lane with heads held high and more importantly confidence intact.

We've got some gems coming through in Jones, Thorne & Dawson.  At least Thorne can get round the pitch, certainly quicker than Brunt.  Jara Reyes played a blinder when he came on.

How anyone can be disappointed with that showing I'll never know.  They could win the league you know.

That said JP needs to dip into the market for quality.

Finally if Long is out Tchoyi needs 90 mins against both Cardiff & Norwich.  We need some directness in the team when playing inferior opposition at home.