Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196721 times)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Kenneth Zohore joins WBA
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
He hasn't done as bad as been made out.

I thought he was good at Forest and he was quieter on Saturday. He looks very much perfect foil for the likes of Edwards and Krov, enabling those players to play off him.

He will be disappointed to miss his chance on Saturday, but credit to the defender and keeper who got back to make it difficult.

Aside from that, we did not create anything for him of note.

He's two games into his Albion career - with our new reinforcements currently in the stands.

I'll reserve judgement so far.
Good post Liam, I agree with you
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #276 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:00 PM »
When are we sending out a search party?!

Anyone know of his whereabouts
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2019, 02:38:37 AM »
If this guy is not good enough to get in our match day squad for the past few months, it isn’t likely he will cut it in the premier league. I think we might cut our losses now and reinvest.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2019, 09:24:15 AM »
If this guy is not good enough to get in our match day squad for the past few months, it isn’t likely he will cut it in the premier league. I think we might cut our losses now and reinvest.

Think we will take a big hit on our £8m investment

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2019, 09:47:21 AM »
This is speculation and I might be doing the lad a disservice, but I’ve listened to a few different things with ex players recently and heard them speak about just how many ex pro’s, even very talented one, just aren’t that up for it.

They might not love football, like playing in the cold, wet, rain, even have any desire to play if they are less than 100% fit.

I think Zohore is likely one of those and you’ll never change him. The clubs dropped one here, four year contract too!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »
I though he was injured to be honest.

If not then it is quite worrying. When he has played he has looked to be a threat. I would like to see a fully fit Zohore given a run in the team first before I pass judgement. Some of us on here were quick to condemn both Charlie and HRK before they found their shooting boots.

Give the guy a chance before we order the taxi.

MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
This is the eternal issue of playing with a lone striker. Ideally you need 3 but if things are going well one or two of those strikers will get the vast bulk of the game time and the 3rd choice barely gets a kick. In this instance Austin and HRK are chopping up the minutes between them. Now if you subscribe to the widely held opinion that HRK is useless and the somewhat less popular view that Austin is well past his prime you may conclude that Zohore is less than useless.

Zohore might be less than useless but on the available evidence you simply cannot say. The only problem now is he has had half a season of inactivity (not playing is very bad for the form and general well being of footballers see Hegazi) and if he does get on the pitch he will look a little ring rusty and well that will confirm the view that he is worse than useless.

Football squads are a zero sum game for one player to exceed expectations in this case I think HRK is giving Bilic more than he might have hoped for then another player has to fail in relative terms
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2019, 12:50:13 PM »
This is speculation and I might be doing the lad a disservice, but I’ve listened to a few different things with ex players recently and heard them speak about just how many ex pro’s, even very talented one, just aren’t that up for it.

They might not love football, like playing in the cold, wet, rain, even have any desire to play if they are less than 100% fit.

I think Zohore is likely one of those and you’ll never change him. The clubs dropped one here, four year contract too!

Don’t see it

We play (currently) with one up top,he’s not had a prolonged run in the team to judge him on,that’s because HRK fits the system and Austin has recently found a few goals.
The two mentioned that have found form,have possibly meant that a striker is less priority in January,and that we will look to recruit wide and defensive.
In a strange way I think zohore would be more productive than the other 2 in the prem,we would set up differently(IMO) and he would work the channels better.
Ultimately it will come down to Slav and if another team want to test our resolve....but for me there is no rush to move on a striker yet to have a prolonged 10 game run.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
Don’t see it

We play (currently) with one up top,he’s not had a prolonged run in the team to judge him on,that’s because HRK fits the system and Austin has recently found a few goals.
The two mentioned that have found form,have possibly meant that a striker is less priority in January,and that we will look to recruit wide and defensive.
In a strange way I think zohore would be more productive than the other 2 in the prem,we would set up differently(IMO) and he would work the channels better.
Ultimately it will come down to Slav and if another team want to test our resolve....but for me there is no rush to move on a striker yet to have a prolonged 10 game run.
100% agree with this, the chap has only had a couple of cameos, no basis for judgement yet,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2019, 11:03:47 PM »
Think we will take a big hit on our £8m investment

The club has spent less than half of the 8m cost you quote in your post. Still strange that  he’s not even making the bench I must say.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #285 on: December 25, 2019, 01:56:25 AM »
I assume he has been playing in the reserve games... does anyone know how he has performed?
I know its a different skill level and team set up but I would expect some sort of goal tally from him.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #286 on: December 25, 2019, 02:02:00 AM »
I assume he has been playing in the reserve games... does anyone know how he has performed?
I know its a different skill level and team set up but I would expect some sort of goal tally from him.
not really, got a couple a month or so ago, but nothing overall.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2019, 04:38:50 AM »
Still strange that  he’s not even making the bench I must say.
I suppose if one of either HRK or Charlie starts, given current form, and the other is on the bench a second forward is probably surplus to requirements on the bench
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2019, 11:00:20 AM »
I suppose if one of either HRK or Charlie starts, given current form, and the other is on the bench a second forward is probably surplus to requirements on the bench

He is a relatively high profile signing with a relatively big fee. If Zohore was putting it in training and looking a player I’m certain they would find a place for him on the bench.

If he’s not injured he’s not rated.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 01:43:12 PM by johnny Cash »

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #289 on: December 26, 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
Name the last player to wear our number 9 shirt and actually be a real goal threat...  ::) It’s cursed.

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: December 26, 2019, 05:05:51 PM »
Quite simply the worst centre forward we have had since the days of evans and Quinn. Would be a waste of wages on a free transfer but the fact we have paid for him is extraordinary. Cardiff must have laughed their heads off when we put a bid in for him.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
Poor today and did nothing to warrant a place on bench back to 23s with A new striker urgently required

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
Got no bottle, took an accidental knock to the face and lost all interest afterwards.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »
It's easy enough saying move him on nobody in the right mind would pay for him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2019, 07:45:39 PM »
Pretty much useless. Will be hard to move on

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2019, 07:49:41 PM »
For all the price LD gets for our summer what was he thinking paying the reported fee for Zohore?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2019, 07:50:50 PM »
I'd let him go for whatever we can get for him.
At least that will free up a wage for someone who actually contributes.
The bloke has the heart of a slug
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »
Im sure Willock would Kate done a much better job. He was awful today

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: December 26, 2019, 08:12:21 PM »
Olly Burke mark II “ give him a chance he’ll come good”. No, he, won’t! He really is as bad as he looks.  Write off, get someone in in January.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #299 on: December 26, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »
Blimey, i'd forgot we had Oli Burke on the books still!  :-X