Author Topic: Promotion race 2018/2019  (Read 32580 times)

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: Promotion race 2018/2019
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2019, 12:06:23 PM »
Think he means that Derby's win last night puts them 7th & level on points with 6th placed Bristol City.

Bristol City & Boro have a game in hand on us.

Yes that's what I meant, poor grammar on my part.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »
Yesterday’s point made our play off position stronger with others slipping up. 3/4 points out of the next 2 will keep us ticking along. The play off teams won’t be the highest standard so we have every chance.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:37 AM »
Depending on who the new manager will be we either get the bounce or the Pardew effect.
The bounce and were in with a shout.
The Pardew and ...........Oh gawd  :'(
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
I dread us winning the playoffs, without a large investment of cash into the squad for next season, we will be cannon fodder in the Prem. what an enticing prospect for us supporters, watching our team struggling week in week out at the bottom of the league. The only reason the Club’s hierarchy want promotion is to assist Lai to recoup his over investment. I would rather, sad as it is to say it, we stay in the Championship until Lai decides to cut his losses and get out. The Albion will not be the Albion again until Lai is gone. I detest the man with a passion and would love there to be a campaign against him along the lines of the Blackpool protests.

LAI OUT

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2019, 10:16:37 AM »
I dread us winning the playoffs, without a large investment of cash into the squad for next season, we will be cannon fodder in the Prem. what an enticing prospect for us supporters, watching our team struggling week in week out at the bottom of the league. The only reason the Club’s hierarchy want promotion is to assist Lai to recoup his over investment. I would rather, sad as it is to say it, we stay in the Championship until Lai decides to cut his losses and get out. The Albion will not be the Albion again until Lai is gone. I detest the man with a passion and would love there to be a campaign against him along the lines of the Blackpool protests.

LAI OUT
There is no scenario where staying in this league any longer than necessary is a long term plus for the club. Maybe the fans will prefer to be in a league where we are winning games, but that will be a damn sight harder next year should we not get promoted and have to have some sort of fire sale.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »
Think Villa will have a massive say in the run in.

They still have to play Boro, Forest, Bristol City, Leeds and Norwich.

Two of Leeds, Norwich and Shef United will take the automatics, leaving one in the playoffs.

You could hope we can maintain our position, leaving 2 spots left, one which I think will go to Boro.

Have a feeling Villa might take the other spot.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »
We must be mathematically safe from relegation, so that's something at least.
Astle is the King

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
We really need to finish 4th to get the home advantage in the play-offs.

Brooklynbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »
We might do better if we offered to play both legs away!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
Think Villa will have a massive say in the run in.

They still have to play Boro, Forest, Bristol City, Leeds and Norwich.

Two of Leeds, Norwich and Shef United will take the automatics, leaving one in the playoffs.

You could hope we can maintain our position, leaving 2 spots left, one which I think will go to Boro.

Have a feeling Villa might take the other spot.

Villa would need to win virtually every game. They've got no chance with or without Grealish.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »

Villa would need to win virtually every game. They've got no chance with or without Grealish.

only 4 points behind derby now !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »
only 4 points behind derby now !

There are 3 other teams as well as Derby who would need to do worse than Vile for the remainder of the season, they have virtually no margin for error and have probably the most difficult run in in the division.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2019, 01:15:03 PM »

There are 3 other teams as well as Derby who would need to do worse than Vile for the remainder of the season, they have virtually no margin for error and have probably the most difficult run in in the division.

They are getting momentum, they have their Talisman back, its aligning for them, god I hope i am wrong!

Meanwhile Stoke are unbeaten in 5 Jacko !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:00 PM »
Its all becoming a complete farce almost like a Christmas pantomime. We are in some danger of dropping out of the race for play offs but with some sort of miracle still get automatic. Apart from the current top 3 who don't seem to be able to lose the rest don't seem to be able to win consistently so we are in that bracket and look set to stay that way.
The prospect of being in the PL next year scares me as we will just play not to lose every week and be fighting a relegation battle from day 1. Being where we are ought to bring a bit more in the way of competing and more wins than loses but essentially it's a business and those in charge see it as that. Sadly that means promotion at all costs with thought for us supporters at the bottom of the pile. Should the unexpected happen and we do actually go up who on earth would want to sign for us and where will be able to strengthen this team from. They've already proved that most of them aren't good enough so why are we surprised by our current demise?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:53 PM »

LAI OUT

What's the point in supporting us then? Oh and I think you are missing the point about promotion.....if we get promoted then we get massive investment. Spending cash wasn't a problem for Lai before, the problem was the money was wasted on bad signings like Krychowiak, Sturridge, Burke etc.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2019, 01:47:41 PM »
another term in the championship i am afraid
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2019, 09:05:09 AM »
another term in the championship i am afraid

Bristol city mess up again, 5 wins out of 10 should guarantee play offs.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 10:09:28 AM »
They are getting momentum, they have their Talisman back, its aligning for them, god I hope i am wrong!

Its quite possible that Villa will stand in our way in the play offs at some stage and with Grealish fit they're a different team, if they beat Boro at home this weekend they'll be on the charge.
Then theres the unlucky "loser" out of the runaway top 3.
Boro are the least of our worries

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 10:14:38 AM »
Its quite possible that Villa will stand in our way in the play offs at some stage and with Grealish fit they're a different team, if they beat Boro at home this weekend they'll be on the charge.
Then theres the unlucky "loser" out of the runaway top 3.
Boro are the least of our worries

We've proved we have the players to beat the top teams on this division. Sensible tactics from here on in and we shouldn't worry about anybody.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2019, 10:30:54 AM »
We've proved we have the players to beat the top teams on this division. Sensible tactics from here on in and we shouldn't worry about anybody.
Agree about the tactics, square pegs for square holes and all that.
Need to gain some momentum, and if last night is anything to go by lady luck might be on our side.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »
After last night's results, I think we are probably coasting towards a play-off place now. I think it might be Preston and Villa joining us, as the others seem to have dropped off.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »
booked two weeeks in Benidorm to hopefully celebrate our playoff success

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »

Before Grealish got injured they had been on a long unbeaten run and with his return their form has already turned around.

Personally I think they will comfortably finish in the top 6 and be the biggest threat to us in the play-offs, probably ending up playing us in the semi-final.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2019, 03:07:33 PM »

If Stoke had beaten Derby last night they would have only been 7 points off the play-offs, which shows just how tight this division is.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »
i will have a glass of what hes drinking

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/977601652?-11200:789